+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

jatt07

Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a few queries regarding the CSQ.

I barely qualify for the Quebec Immigration by securing only 50 points which is the minimum requirement.
How good are my chances?

Secondly, assuming that my case is strong enough how long do you think will it take for me to get the CSQ. I mean share your experiences how long did it take in your case. Does it take around 3-4 months or 3-4 years?

Thirdly, after I get the CSQ and wait for the federal processing am I eligible to work/study in the meanwhile without any permit?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi LoneEarthling,

To qualify for immigration to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, a solo applicant must score at least 50 points. Potential immigrants who apply with a spouse or a common-law partner must score at least 59 points in order to be eligible for the QSW Program. Your chances to qualify depends, if you have valid working experience with a reputed MNC or your clear French exams with flying colours.

In my case, I got CSQ after 2 years under potential immigrants.

After CSQ is granted, The minimum timeline for FSW file processing is 13 months when Sydney-CIO recieves your file that does not include the time you applied for the file number, It actually starts when u recieve the file no and processing depends on the VO office of your country.

Thanks

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi LoneEarthling,

To qualify for immigration to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, a solo applicant must score at least 49 points. Potential immigrants who apply with a spouse or a common-law partner must score at least 57 points in order to be eligible for the QSW Program. Your chances to qualify depends, if you have valid working experience with a reputed MNC or your clear French exams with flying colours.

The Minimum Timeline for obtaining CSQ from Quebec Immigration is minimum is 2 years & max is 3 years. In my case, I got CSQ after 2 years under potential immigrants.

After CSQ is granted, The minimum timeline for FSW file processing is 13 months that does not include the time you applied for the file number, It actually starts when u recieve the file no and processing depends on the VO office of your country. During this time, you cannot apply for study visa or work permit as your file is already with FSW.

Thanks
Lot's of incorrect information

1. It's 50 points for single and 59 points for family now.
2. Minimum timeline for CSQ is around 1 month ( PEQ guys) and I know few people that have waited 4-5 years to get CSQ.
3. We do know couple of people that received PR ( after CSQ) in 6-7 months. 13 months estimated time is from the day when Sydney-CIO receives application.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Although few applicants exceed 11 months from APP to DM (or PPR) based on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=736440819.

My application is surely more than 11 months.
Did yo
Although few applicants exceed 11 months from APP to DM (or PPR) based on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=736440819.

My application is surely more than 11 months.
Did you requested GCMS notes ..where is it stuck ? your security is in progress right?

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did yo

Did you requested GCMS notes ..where is it stuck ? your security is in progress right?
It is very very normal for me to have a long security exam. My university is a Naval school, and after that, I stayed in an Aeronautics and Astronautics school for another 4 years. If there is no long security exam, it will be strange....:D

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
It is very very normal for me to have a long security exam. My university is a Naval school, and after that, I stayed in an Aeronautics and Astronautics school for another 4 years. If there is no long security exam, it will be strange....:D
Did you experience any delays few years back when you applied for your study permit? Wondering if CSIS vetted you already few years back and might go easy on you this time :)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Did you experience any delays few years back when you applied for your study permit? Wondering if CSIS vetted you already few years back and might go easy on you this time :)
Haha ... that's moot question inlander's ask why don't IRCC/CIC perform enough vetting before allowing person to land in Canada ..had that be done earlier i don't think security will take that long for any inland folks ... but we live in world which is not perfect :)

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the study permit, everything is OK. I can't change anything but waiting. My study permit will be expired in the next Jan. If i can't get the PR before that, I plan to suspend my Ph.D. and have a long holiday.

KTPU

Mar 22, 2017
Inland applicant (+common in law)

Arrived Federal (Sydney):2017.02.06
AOR:2017.03.08
RPRF payment: not done
Medical Request: not received
Medical passed:not received

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.

Anyone with similar timeline?
anything other guys suggest anything I can do, or maybe medical request will take 6 months (2017.09.08) for me

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Lot's of incorrect information

1. It's 50 points for single and 59 points for family now.
2. Minimum timeline for CSQ is around 1 month ( PEQ guys) and I know few people that have waited 4-5 years to get CSQ.
3. We do know couple of people that received PR ( after CSQ) in 6-7 months. 13 months estimated time is from the day when Sydney-CIO receives application.

Thanks for the information.

I am single so 50 is the case here. I have managed to get 46 points so far. Here is my bio-data please do comment and give your reviews.

Qualification: BE Mechatronics Engineering (4 years long program and 16 years of total education from non-Canadian institutes) - 10 Points
Field of Study:
Mechanical Engineering (Foreign) - 9 Points
Financial Stability:
1 Point
Experience:
3 Months internship (Unpaid during Undergraduate Academics in engineering) + 4 Months employment (Paid, in an irrelevant field. Account/Office Coordinator for a Public Relations Company) - 4 Points
Language (English):
Very confident that I can score 100% here, so - 6 Points

Somebody mentioned that if I submit my application from within Canada there is no intake period limit for that.
So, I am hoping that I will visit on a visit visa. Get 2 points for 2 weeks stay in Quebec. For the remaining 2 I am working on French.
I don't qualify under PEQ stream.
In your opinion how strong a chance do I stand. Be honest, I am used to depressing news. But please be meticulous and suggest any solutions/remedies.

Since, English is my strong point and not French so much, chances are I won't survive beyond Montreal. What are the chances that a Montreal employer may be interested in hiring a non-Canadian for any job (especially when I apply in person). I don't even mind being a labourer for a fish processing, courier, manufacturing company. An employment offer grants me 8 points minimum plus I get to get the local experience.

Thirdly, if you (or anybody else reading) has been to Quebec already can you suggest any institutes that offer affordable short courses (3-6 months long). Because that could help me get some points as well.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.