+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Hi All,

I received PPR on 29th August.

Mohsen
Many congratulations on the end of this journey and best of luck for the next one.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Other than receiving applications, registering it, creating GCMS for files, generating application file number and transmitting file to visa office, does the CIO in Sydney performs any other duty of task? like do they start eligibility, criminality reviews etc before sending to VO for completion? Are updates in ecas or GCkey account made by CIO or the VO. For those of you who have received GCMS notes after MR, are you able to confirm if a review was done on your application before it was sent to your VO?

I was able to link my GC account to my application before AOR with an application # starting with XEP., application status then was received with all the other stages like eligibility and background check being in progress, and final decision not started. I got my AOR on March 8th from CIO, but did not bother checking ECAS or gckey that day. Now the next day March 9th i got email regarding update in application from my GC key account. Inside , application number change from XEP******** to EP********, application status changed to process, same with BG and eligibility , and final decision changed to in progress. I checked ecas and saw 3 lines. The 3rd line is the date they stated processing my application which is March 9th and which is the date i got the update in my gckey account.

Now my question is this: was my application reviewed on march 9th by an officer at the CIO or VO ? and who then updated my my status , CIO or VO

Reactions: alex the king

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Other than receiving applications, registering it, creating GCMS for files, generating application file number and transmitting file to visa office, does the CIO in Sydney performs any other duty of task? like do they start eligibility, criminality reviews etc before sending to VO for completion? Are updates in ecas or GCkey account made by CIO or the VO. For those of you who have received GCMS notes after MR, are you able to confirm if a review was done on your application before it was sent to your VO?

I was able to link my GC account to my application before AOR with an application # starting with XEP., application status then was received with all the other stages like eligibility and background check being in progress, and final decision not started. I got my AOR on March 8th from CIO, but did not bother checking ECAS or gckey that day. Now the next day March 9th i got email regarding update in application from my GC key account. Inside , application number change from XEP******** to EP********, application status changed to process, same with BG and eligibility , and final decision changed to in progress. I checked ecas and saw 3 lines. The 3rd line is the date they stated processing my application which is March 9th and which is the date i got the update in my gckey account.

Now my question is this: was my application reviewed on march 9th by an officer at the CIO or VO ? and who then updated my my status , CIO or VO
Start from here. Check posts from highheel987 on this and next page:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mon-project-cap-exempt-applicants.402454/page-75#post-5725678

Sydney-CIO keeps file for few weeks before transferring it to Local VO. In few cases, they do send out Medical request, perform Criminality check, send details to CSIS for Security check etc.

Looked into my GCMS notes. I received AOR on 27th Jan and my file was transferred to Ottawa on 5th March.

Both CIO and VO can update eCAS and MyCIC. I am 100% sure that 9th March update in your file was done by CIO and not VO.

Reactions: minesweeper

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Start from here. Check posts from highheel987 on this and next page:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mon-project-cap-exempt-applicants.402454/page-75#post-5725678

Sydney-CIO keeps file for few weeks before transferring it to Local VO. In few cases, they do send out Medical request, perform Criminality check, send details to CSIS for Security check etc.

Looked into my GCMS notes. I received AOR on 27th Jan and my file was transferred to Ottawa on 5th March.

Both CIO and VO can update eCAS and MyCIC. I am 100% sure that 9th March update in your file was done by CIO and not VO.
Thanks for your reply. yes that makes sense.I remembered i called CIC around March ending to find out my VO, the agent checked and said my application is on its way to Dakar, meaning it has not yet arrived( not sure if they can see if it arrived or not as they do not have access to files treated by VO's out of Canada) . I thought its only VO that updates ecas as per cic website , was surprised how i get AOR today and the next day my file is at VO. Was just asking because i know 2 people with same VO as me. One got AOR one day before me and the other 4 days before me. They both received Medicals and Passport request earlier this month on the same day, was just wondering if our files were not inside the same batch sent to the VO from CIO. Well for benefits of doubt i have just anticipated my MR and PPR will by November, hopefully

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

kham

Jun 22, 2016
Hi all, is there any one here sent his application to CIO sydney on June, 2017 and received AOR ... its about 3 months for me now without AOR and moreover I am not able to link my application online

CSKSL

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Congratulations dear Mohsen & All the very best for your new life in Canada
Congratulations mohsen wish you all the success

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Hi all, is there any one here sent his application to CIO sydney on June, 2017 and received AOR ... its about 3 months for me now without AOR and moreover I am not able to link my application online
Hi dear

Kindly note that in most of the cases AOR comes in/on/after 90 working days.
For info on working days in Canada kindly follow the below link
http://www.workingdays.ca

Hope this helps

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided
Aug 31, 2017
The AOR shows that CIC received my application for PR in March 2017,its been five months Iam waiting,the next step is to receive medical request i guess.is it?so anybody has experienced this delay?

jatt07

Aug 25, 2017
The AOR shows that CIC received my application for PR in March 2017,its been five months Iam waiting,the next step is to receive medical request i guess.is it?so anybody has experienced this delay?
Hi buddy,

We all are sailing in the same ship, I recieved my AOR in Feb 2017. It has been more than 6 months I am waiting for Medical Request. We hope to recieve Medical Request either by Sept end or Oct first week, As CIC is busy in taking student visa applications. once thats over they will move to PR applications.