+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
But I confirmed with several Immigration Consultants that CSQ holder who is currently working is qualified and eligible to apply for the Bridging Work Permit though it will be bounded to stay in Quebec though.
Technically speaking bwop based on underlying CSQ of no use as you will be only allowed to work in Quebec unlike bwop when you apply through other federal or provinsal programs . So we can either get new wp ( which will be closed) based on sponsoring employer . That's my understanding... I might be missing something as haven't come across any other cases on forums ...

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Technically speaking bwop based on underlying CSQ of no use as you will be only allowed to work in Quebec unlike bwop when you apply through other federal or provinsal programs . So we can either get new wp ( which will be closed) based on sponsoring employer . That's my understanding... I might be missing something as haven't come across any other cases on forums ...
Yep, it is my understanding too that (in the case of Quebec) you get a new closed WP based on the sponsoring employer.... but I have not gone through that personally.

alnasser81

Nov 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Hi
I wanted to know, for applicant with family do they give one CoPR for whole family or each person his own CoPR?
tq

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
But I confirmed with several Immigration Consultants that CSQ holder who is currently working is qualified and eligible to apply for the Bridging Work Permit though it will be bounded to stay in Quebec though.
I wish... but everything is true except the open work permit.. it is a closed one which they call it "Employer Specific"

gnole

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney N.S
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Here is what I did when I applied for an open work permit in March and I get a 1-year open work permit end of the April with 54 code which I have no idea what does it means.

It is a pdf file. I don't want to add 20 images in the form, so I did a pdf file.
https://yadi.sk/i/Vj82pZf33JeNgt

I think the most important thing is to select "yes" for "Have you been told by an IRCC office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" and also "Have you submitted PR application in Canada".

--The expire status is just an example.

I also say "yes" for CSQ and Medical exam question because I have it and done before.

By the way, I didn't select "YES" for accompanying person however in my case I also applied for my spouse too.

At the end, they just asked IMM5710, CSQ, Passport, photo and proof of medical exam for me and for my spouse and we got our work permit in approximately 2 moths (thanks to their speed we were implied status for 1 month)

I hope this information will be helpful for whom is going to apply for an open work permit.

gnole

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney N.S
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Hi,

all applicant who applied June-July 2016, please let the form know as soon as anybody gets DM or any kind of news from CIC.

Waiting is getting harder and harder for me because my future job is depending on PR and it is already 4 months without job :(
Sorry to hear that, do you mind me asking if there is any complications or something related to the permit to work?? Because if there is...it will help us prepare in advance.
Thank you :)
It is a specific condition actually. I was a post-doc in a university and my eligibility was finished. To continue in the same university, I have to apply to research associate position which is just for citizen or PR holders. So my supervisor is now waiting to open the position ( it is what I hope right now, it is academia. everything can change very quickly)

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Here is what I did when I applied for an open work permit in March and I get a 1-year open work permit end of the April with 54 code which I have no idea what does it means.

It is a pdf file. I don't want to add 20 images in the form, so I did a pdf file.

I think the most important thing is to select "yes" for "Have you been told by an IRCC office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" and also "Have you submitted PR application in Canada".

I also say "yes" for CSQ and Medical exam question because I have it and done before.

By the way, I didn't select "YES" for accompanying person however in my case I also applied for my spouse too.

At the end, they just asked IMM5710, CSQ, Passport, photo and proof of medical exam for me and for my spouse and we got our work permit in approximately 2 moths (thanks to their speed we were implied status for 1 month)

I hope this information will be helpful for whom is going to apply for an open work permit.
Wow what a relief ... so what i understood from all this is... employer specific is 2 years and open work permit is granted for a year.
My work permit is expiring on Aug 7 2017 so i should start applying now ?? 2 months is almost what i have ... do not want to go in implied status and stuff.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017

Wow, this is Fantastic and really useful for us who would apply for the work permit extension!! Thank you so much for the info!!!

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
anyone have any idea of how many days of the sending documents, we are able to link the file in cic.gc.ca?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..

Thanks for sharing this info .. will be helpful...

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
anyone have any idea of how many days of the sending documents, we are able to link the file in cic.gc.ca?
Again there is no definite answer but roughly it should take 2 months ..