+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Oh, i see....

Yeah, well, she had an open post graduate work permit, and a couple of weeks before going into implied status she went to the border with the CSQ and the job offer (from the job she already had) and she re-entered canada to ask for new permit. But this new permit was not an extension of the PGWP, it was a completely new one, and it was a closed permit. In the link you show, it actually mentions that you may ask for a new work permit at a port of entry, as long as you are eligible to do so. When she wanted to change jobs, that's when the new employer was reluctant of hiring her because she did not have an open work permit. It would not have been difficult to get a new permit, but maybe they (the company) did not know all of the details of her situation and chose not to get involve. In any case, she did all of that because she did not want to go into implied status waiting for PR. Both choices have their advantages and disadvantages. Whatever suits your needs best =)

I don't know what you mean with "trust me or not". I apologize, at no point I was questioning what you said.

I hope you get news soon!
Thank you sir.... this explains a lot... can you confirm me one more thing, if going to the border with an employement (Current or New)letter and CSQ gets one an extension?? Since you have had mentioned here, if that is true i wud definetly try that a month before my work permit expires (In worst Case).

gnole

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney N.S
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
hello, I have a question regarding PCC. Will I have to submit the PCC from both backhome and Canada ? according to the checklist it says
"You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. " I am in Canada more than 6 months . Experts opinion please ....
check this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EQ7TOC.asp
it says other than Canada

"You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18."

gnole

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney N.S
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Hi,

all applicant who applied June-July 2016, please let the form know as soon as anybody gets DM or any kind of news from CIC.

Waiting is getting harder and harder for me because my future job is depending on PR and it is already 4 months without job :(

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
check this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EQ7TOC.asp
it says other than Canada

"You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18."

according to the checklist http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690E.pdf it did not say other than Canada....

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Oh, i see....

Yeah, well, she had an open post graduate work permit, and a couple of weeks before going into implied status she went to the border with the CSQ and the job offer (from the job she already had) and she re-entered canada to ask for new permit. But this new permit was not an extension of the PGWP, it was a completely new one, and it was a closed permit. In the link you show, it actually mentions that you may ask for a new work permit at a port of entry, as long as you are eligible to do so. When she wanted to change jobs, that's when the new employer was reluctant of hiring her because she did not have an open work permit. It would not have been difficult to get a new permit, but maybe they (the company) did not know all of the details of her situation and chose not to get involve. In any case, she did all of that because she did not want to go into implied status waiting for PR. Both choices have their advantages and disadvantages. Whatever suits your needs best =)

I don't know what you mean with "trust me or not". I apologize, at no point I was questioning what you said.

I hope you get news soon!
Sure, if i will have to keep my current job for another year..no problem cuz i like it. already here for 2 years so even if it will be a closed work permit
Hi,

all applicant who applied June-July 2016, please let the form know as soon as anybody gets DM or any kind of news from CIC.

Waiting is getting harder and harder for me because my future job is depending on PR and it is already 4 months without job :(
Sorry to hear that, do you mind me asking if there is any complications or something related to the permit to work?? Because if there is...it will help us prepare in advance.
Thank you :)

sparkiss

Jun 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
since 2009
Hi, I need some advice for my PR case.
I submitted June 2016 my federal application with my 5 family members, AOR was September 2016.
Still waiting my medical request.
GCMS note indicates that they are verifying if my kids are biological children since 2 of them are my kids and the other 2 are my wife's.
I did a medical test about 4 years ago when I renewed my work permit. So I quoted my GCMS note here.

CHILD 1 (2,3,4 the same) - ACCOMPANYING, Proof of medical dependency NOT on the file (required)
MEDICALS: All not valid for 3 months or more
So I assume that they want to prove the relationship between my kids and my wife's kids, then they will request new medical exam.
The thing is my wife and 2 of my kids will travel abroad for more than a month. The CIC web site says I have to submit the medical exam within 30 days after requested.
Although there is registered physicians in the country, would it be OK if 3 of my family do med test in the traveling country and the other 3 do it in Canada.
I'm a inland applicant.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you.

May 28, 2017
Hello everyone,
I want to know that whether I will get PR under this program or not(also tell me if i am eligible in another program also).
I did my graduation in bachelor's in technology in computer science and I have experience of 2 years as a computer teacher.
My Ielts score is overall 6.5
L- 7
R- 6.5
W- 6
S- 6.5
Please reply me whether in any program m eligible or not.
I shall be very thankful to you

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Hello everyone,
I want to know that whether I will get PR under this program or not(also tell me if i am eligible in another program also).
I did my graduation in bachelor's in technology in computer science and I have experience of 2 years as a computer teacher.
My Ielts score is overall 6.5
L- 7
R- 6.5
W- 6
S- 6.5
Please reply me whether in any program m eligible or not.
I shall be very thankful to you
You are an outland applicant i guess.... i would apply under Express entry, it is the fastest and easiest way.
Calculate your points and apply.
What they do is pick a draw twice a month and if your points are more or the cut off they will send you an invitation to apply.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Sure, if i will have to keep my current job for another year..no problem cuz i like it. already here for 2 years so even if it will be a closed work permit

Sorry to hear that, do you mind me asking if there is any complications or something related to the permit to work?? Because if there is...it will help us prepare in advance.
Thank you :)
There shouldn't be an issue with WP extension .. i just did my closed WP extension .... just check number of days for WP processing as it seems currently taking 50 odd days for processing...

FromINDIA2674

Star Member
May 3, 2017
India
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-07-2017
Med's Request
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Hello friends,

I received my CSQ after much efforts and a long wait time of 5 years. I applied to the Federal on 8th May 2017 and am now waiting for further process. However some of my friends are insisting that I should apply through Express Entry as it is much faster. I had applied through Express Entry in 2015, before getting my CSQ but Ontario turned down my application in early 2016 stating that I had not submitted my photos. The suggestion is that I should simultaneously apply through Express Entry and if I get an Invitation to Apply I should revoke my application from Quebec. Can you please suggest me what I should do and whether this is acceptable? I don't want to take risk but at the same time I want to try in every way possible. My score right now is above 400 but will come down to 398 in about a couple of months due to the age factor. I have spoken to various consultants but their advice is not satisfactory. Please advise and help me!

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, I have a question regarding PCC. Will I have to submit the PCC from both backhome and Canada ? according to the checklist it says
"You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. " I am in Canada more than 6 months . Experts opinion please ....
I suggest you submit the Canada PCC. My wife and I have lived here more than 3 years. Last week, I was asked to submit the PCC of Canada. My wife did not ask it. Therefore, there is no detailed answer of yes or no.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I suggest you submit the Canada PCC. My wife and I have lived here more than 3 years. Last week, I was asked to submit the PCC of Canada. My wife did not ask it. Therefore, there is no detailed answer of yes or no.
Any updates on DM Polying? you or any of your friends heard anything?

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Thank you sir.... this explains a lot... can you confirm me one more thing, if going to the border with an employement (Current or New)letter and CSQ gets one an extension?? Since you have had mentioned here, if that is true i wud definetly try that a month before my work permit expires (In worst Case).
You'll need to have your employer provide you an offer through the Portal with some kind of ACK# so that you can go to the border to extend the WP, or you'll get rejected there. Or you'll have to apply for the Bridging Work Permit through Online service...