+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Josh99

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Hi guys,
Is it mandatory to land at Montreal international airport as your port of entry upon your first arrival after PR under QSW?

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Hi guys,
Is it mandatory to land at Montreal international airport as your port of entry upon your first arrival after PR under QSW?
i have heard that its is best to do landing at any quebec port of entry, cuz the officers at the border they still can refuse you entry if they suspect that you do not have an intention to live in quebec,,, these days they are looking tiny weird reasons to refuse. Since i am an inland i can do that cuz i have a job and a permanent address in quebec.

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Hiii Everyone..
Just a quick question, since i am an inland applicant my work permit will be expiring Aug 7th 2017. Do federal takes this into consideration as well ?? Since its always case to case thing, i am an Aug 5 2016 AOR case and has a friend who got is PPR 3 weeks before his work permit would expire (Sep 2015 AOR, landed in June 2016)
I know i can stay 3 more months under implied status or ask my employer if they are willing to help me extending my work permit for another year as quebec has the weirdest work permit extenaion rule.
Please let me know, any enlightenment is highly appreciable.
Thanks

Arthur GOLDWAY

Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone
I gotta quick question, wanna apply for CSQ , how much time does it take in general to get it and second question, the period is closed now can I nevertheless open My Project account and ask it ?

Thanx in advance

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hiii Everyone..
Just a quick question, since i am an inland applicant my work permit will be expiring Aug 7th 2017. Do federal takes this into consideration as well ?? Since its always case to case thing, i am an Aug 5 2016 AOR case and has a friend who got is PPR 3 weeks before his work permit would expire (Sep 2015 AOR, landed in June 2016)
I know i can stay 3 more months under implied status or ask my employer if they are willing to help me extending my work permit for another year as quebec has the weirdest work permit extenaion rule.
Please let me know, any enlightenment is highly appreciable.
Thanks
If you mean if they going to give you quick processing because your permit is expiring, then I hardly think so =/... sorry.
Actually, I know inland applicants whose permits expired and did not receive PPR for months afterwards. I have never heard of anyone having "faster processing" because of an expiring permit.
However, I am not aware of any limit of how long you can remain under implied status. Where did you see the 3 month limit? I am just curious.

It all comes down to what your needs are. I know a friend who did not want to risk going into implied status (because if you go into implied status and for any reason your application gets rejected you no longer have a legal status in Canada and have to leave the country as soon as the application is rejected), and so she got a new work permit from her employer..... which means she had to give up her open work permit she got from her PGWP. She was later refused for jobs because new employers did not want to go through all the trouble of getting her a new work permit.... so she had to stick with her job (that she didn't not like) until PPR came along. So.... if you have a job that you don't mind keeping until you become a permanent resident, then I would recommend getting a new work permit (in order to avoid implied status). If you have an open work permit and wish to keep it like that, then maybe going into implied status is better for you. Keep in mind that if you have implied status and leave the country (for any reason), you might lose it when you come back... it is stupid, but that's how it works.

Hope this helps!
Best of luck.

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
If you mean if they going to give you quick processing because your permit is expiring, then I hardly think so =/... sorry.
Actually, I know inland applicants whose permits expired and did not receive PPR for months afterwards. I have never heard of anyone having "faster processing" because of an expiring permit.
However, I am not aware of any limit of how long you can remain under implied status. Where did you see the 3 month limit? I am just curious.

It all comes down to what your needs are. I know a friend who did not want to risk going into implied status (because if you go into implied status and for any reason your application gets rejected you no longer have a legal status in Canada and have to leave the country as soon as the application is rejected), and so she got a new work permit from her employer..... which means she had to give up her open work permit she got from her PGWP. She was later refused for jobs because new employers did not want to go through all the trouble of getting her a new work permit.... so she had to stick with her job (that she didn't not like) until PPR came along. So.... if you have a job that you don't mind keeping until you become a permanent resident, then I would recommend getting a new work permit (in order to avoid implied status). If you have an open work permit and wish to keep it like that, then maybe going into implied status is better for you. Keep in mind that if you have implied status and leave the country (for any reason), you might lose it when you come back... it is stupid, but that's how it works.

Hope this helps!
Best of luck.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

since i have a lawyer... anything going beyond 13 months will be questionable and will be challenged ,, and trust me or not the work permit is Open, employer will have to create an account on CIC which they call it employer portal. and people with CSQ are LMI exempt, not sure what your friend did to extend her work permit, may be her current employer refused to do the whole process of applying.
Thank you for replying.
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html

zaher2018

May 27, 2017
After calculating your points for me and my wife and two children of two years and the financial ability I found (59) points without language tests
Without financial capacity and children (48)

1. I am eligible to immigrate to Quebec ?
2 - for the study of the English language or the study of the French language better for acceptance inimmigration ?
3- When and when the application will open for Quebec?
thank you very much ........

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

since i have a lawyer... anything going beyond 13 months will be questionable and will be challenged ,, and trust me or not the work permit is Open, employer will have to create an account on CIC which they call it employer portal. and people with CSQ are LMI exempt, not sure what your friend did to extend her work permit, may be her current employer refused to do the whole process of applying.
Thank you for replying.
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html
Oh, i see....

Yeah, well, she had an open post graduate work permit, and a couple of weeks before going into implied status she went to the border with the CSQ and the job offer (from the job she already had) and she re-entered canada to ask for new permit. But this new permit was not an extension of the PGWP, it was a completely new one, and it was a closed permit. In the link you show, it actually mentions that you may ask for a new work permit at a port of entry, as long as you are eligible to do so. When she wanted to change jobs, that's when the new employer was reluctant of hiring her because she did not have an open work permit. It would not have been difficult to get a new permit, but maybe they (the company) did not know all of the details of her situation and chose not to get involve. In any case, she did all of that because she did not want to go into implied status waiting for PR. Both choices have their advantages and disadvantages. Whatever suits your needs best =)

I don't know what you mean with "trust me or not". I apologize, at no point I was questioning what you said.

I hope you get news soon!

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
After calculating your points for me and my wife and two children of two years and the financial ability I found (59) points without language tests
Without financial capacity and children (48)

1. I am eligible to immigrate to Quebec ?
2 - for the study of the English language or the study of the French language better for acceptance inimmigration ?
3- When and when the application will open for Quebec?
thank you very much ........
Hi,

Um, participants in this forum already have a CSQ, and many of us got one through the PEQ scheme, so we are not necessarily familiar with the points system. Maybe someone else can give you further info on their experience, but I would suggest maybe trying a different forum. I know there is one for Mon Projet Quebec applicants. They might be in a better position to help you out.

Best of luck

zaher2018

May 27, 2017
Hi,

Um, participants in this forum already have a CSQ, and many of us got one through the PEQ scheme, so we are not necessarily familiar with the points system. Maybe someone else can give you further info on their experience, but I would suggest maybe trying a different forum. I know there is one for Mon Projet Quebec applicants. They might be in a better position to help you out.

Best of luck
Thank you very much my friend,

I intend to apply for migration adq will learn french language or learn English to be accepted in Quebec

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
hello, I have a question regarding PCC. Will I have to submit the PCC from both backhome and Canada ? according to the checklist it says
"You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. " I am in Canada more than 6 months . Experts opinion please ....