+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ramakhadka

Mar 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
APPNOV2014NY said:
You should have received AOR in Jan/Feb 2017. CIC is currently sending out AOR for Jan 2017 application.

Q1. Did you apply directly or through some Immigration consulting/lawyer?
Q2. Did you try to link your application to GCKey?
Q3. Do you have proof from courier company that your application package was delivered?

I have appley through immigration consulting
What is GC key?? I didn't understand that
And I have proof that my draft has been withdraw

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Eden Jenn said:
I am moving to Montreal Quebec, I have a few questions that I need answers to:

1. I have applied for skilled immigration Montreal Quebec our CSQ's and PR applications have been approved since I don't have family there I plan to move to Toronto and settle there is that allowed?

2. If I plan to move to Toronto do I have to stay in Montreal for any specified amount of time, eg 3 months 6 months or as soon as we land can I move to Toronto to stay and establish myself with my uncle.

3. If I move to Toronto I will have to apply for a OHIP card as I am aware that the Medical Card of Quebec will not work anywhere else.

4. PR / SIN card will have to be applied from place of landing or from anywhere in Canada?

5. Will moving from Montreal to Toronto on the first day affect my citizenship in anyway? will they put up questions as to why I landed in Montreal and took the next flight to Toronto?

6. Do I have to work in Montreal as I plan to move to Toronto, the reason why cause we don't know French and will finding English based Jobs be difficult in Montreal or do we have to know French to establish ourselves as I know 80% good jobs require being Bilingual which is my fear.

7. Is there any motel or hostel where me and my family can come live at a minimum rate till we establish ourselves or find something else.

If there is any other information that can be useful for me kindly share. Looking forward to your response.
Hi,

Let's go by points

1. Technically, yes. You are able to "live, work or study anywhere in Canada", according to CIC. That being said, in theory you are planning to settle in Quebec (if you apply as a QSW). You will need to provide an address in Quebec during your landing process. Once you are settled in, you may try to move to Ontario.

2. I might be wrong, but I believe it will be easier to move to Ontario after you have your SIN and health insurance card from another province. The health insurance card from Quebec takes 3 months to obtain.

3. Health Cards may be accepted elsewhere in Canada at the discretion of the doctor. I assume that if you tell them you just moved in and you have not received the new one from the other province, you should be ok. Nevertheless, I have never had to use medical services outside of Quebec, so I cannot give you any more info.

4. Good question, I do not know about the SIN. The PR card is processed automatically and will be sent to a specified address given during the landing process, if you are landing as a QSW, you need to provide an address in Quebec.

5. I do not know about citizenship, but i have heard about inland applicants waiting for PR who moved to Ontario during the process because they were not able to find a job in Quebec. They got in trouble with CIC and had to justify the move, and provide documents to prove it was not "on purpose", and that they did intend to stay and settle in Quebec.

6. Most professions in Quebec (and Canada) are governed by "professional orders" (architects, engineers, pharmacists, translators, etc.).You will most likely need an adequate level of french to obtain a permit from any of these orders in order to work in a particular field in Quebec.

7. I would try air bnb instead... you might get cheaper "long term" rates than in a motel.

If I may ask... the QSW program is more expensive and time consuming than programs from other provinces... why go to all the trouble of applying for PR as a QSW if you are not considering staying there?... just asking..

Hope it helps!

Good luck

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
Its a question and it says you have none against you. Nothing to worry about
Hello Bajan4Quebec,

Thanks for the information mate! :)

Btw...how is your application processing going?

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Hello all...

I am planning to show 3 months bank statements and original signed cover letter from my local bank in the USA showing proof of funds.

Would this be sufficient to show proof of funds for landing purposes?

Also, do we need to have to have a Canadian Bank account...I am coming in from the USA...so I have a local US bank were my funds are kept...
would this be a problem showing proof of funds currently only in a US bank.?

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
Nikusa said:
Hello all...

I am planning to show 3 months bank statements and original signed cover letter from my local bank in the USA showing proof of funds.

Would this be sufficient to show proof of funds for landing purposes?

Also, do we need to have to have a Canadian Bank account...I am coming in from the USA...so I have a local US bank were my funds are kept...
would this be a problem showing proof of funds currently only in a US bank.?
Yes those documents should be enough and no you are not expected to have a Canadian bank account when doing your landing especially for outland. Although it is not impossible to have one.

Dorian74

Mar 12, 2017
Hello,

I just have question regarding my federal application (QSW).

I applied on the 19th October 2016, and received the AOR on the 2nd February 2017.
Then a week after AOR I received another email, saying that: if I had not sent the following then I should do it. But if i did then I could just ignore the email.
- copy of passport
- payment fee
- background check
- schedule A

Is it normal to receive this e-mail since I have already sent all the required documents? Thanks!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dorian74 said:
Hello,

I applied on the 19th October 2016, and received the AOR on the 2nd February 2017.
Then a week after AOR I received another email, saying that: if I had not sent the following then I should do it. But if i did then I could just ignore the email.
- copy of passport
- payment fee
- background check
- schedule A

Is it normal to receive this e-mail since I have already sent all the required documents? Thanks!
FYI , I decided to ignore this email.

Mazigh

Apr 10, 2014
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
J
I just created a GCKey account. Should I link it to my paper application? Is it less hassle if I link my paper application to online account? Or is it better and more efficient if I stick with paper?

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Mazigh said:
I just created a GCKey account. Should I link it to my paper application? Is it less hassle if I link my paper application to online account? Or is it better and more efficient if I stick with paper?
After linkage you will be able to track your application status of each and every stage /step

josejx0m

Nov 16, 2011
I am an applicant of August 2016 intake. 3 years nursing diploma holders are eligible as per the new system?As per the new point system how my points individually i get in "area of training and education" ?waiting for the reply.

app_can

Feb 10, 2017
Can anyone tell me why is the federal processing time greatly extended even doubled these last years in almost all visa office?

roadtonowhere

Mar 13, 2017
Dorian74 said:
Hello,

- copy of passport
- payment fee
- background check
- schedule A

I received this same email too (despite having submitted all the documents) back in July and it confused the hell out of me. I called them and it wasn't very helpful either.

So what I did was sent a letter back outlining that I have already submitted all of these documents and the date they were submitted.

Hope this helps

sam.ong

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HongKong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 18, 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ issued: July 26, 2016
AOR Received.
QSWP Aug 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted after AOR ( Aug 20, 2014 )
File Transfer...
Federal Lodge - Sep 6, 2016 | Federal AOR Dec 9, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 16, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 8, 2017
Passport Req..
March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2017
My ecas is already showing "Decision Made" last March 6, 2017, I already received an automated pre arrival service registration from the embassy but still haven't received the ppr email.. Some of my friends who got "Decision Made" last Friday, March 10.. already got their PPR email this morning, Mar 13.: Should I worry? Thank you! And what's the usual timeframe from Decision made to ppr?

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
sam.ong said:
My ecas is already showing "Decision Made" last March 6, 2017, I already received an automated pre arrival service registration from the embassy but still haven't received the ppr email.. Some of my friends who got "Decision Made" last Friday, March 10.. already got their PPR email this morning, Mar 13.: Should I worry? Thank you! And what's the usual timeframe from Decision made to ppr?
The average is usually 2-3 working days. Make sure you check your spam folder and give it few more days before reaching out to CIC.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
cmack said:
The average is usually 2-3 working days. Make sure you check your spam folder and give it few more days before reaching out to CIC.
Hi cmack

Cam you please share the validity date of your Visa.