+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

AOE

Oct 24, 2016
RS77 said:
AOE
CAN U PLEASE SHARE UR TIMELINE ?
THANKS
Hi this is my timeline:

Visa Office: Sydney
App. Filed: Sept 21, 2015
AOR Received: Jan 11, 2016
Med's Request & PR fees request: May 20, 2016
Med & visa fees done/paid: June, 2016
Status change to "Decision Made": Dec 9, 2016

Still waiting for PPR email... :/

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
brar456 said:
Hey, did you apply with Quebec address initially or other province address or did you change it after AOR?
They had my both address on my file (home address for NB and mailing address for QC). Recently I have applied for my TRV and CIC did a auto update for my mailing address (NB address) ......I informed that to Call centre agent ...they just told me you can update it anytime....

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
I have a couple of questions, mostly concerning the final stages after you got Decision Made on eCAS:

(1) for those in-land applicants from visa-exempt countries, I believe that we dont need to send passport (therefore no PPR is expected). But is there also a comparable PPR step, or is it CoPR right away, such as request for a new electronic copy of passport ID pages?

(aside question: what does CoPR stand for exactly?)

(2) I believe we should at some point submit new photos, no? I am a bit concerned as those I enclosed in my federal application were not very nice (I had a bad hair day and it was extremely cold when I walked to a pharmacy to take the photos that day :( In short, I look horrible in those photos)

(3) From some of the recent shares in this forum thread, I am aware that it is recommended not to travel outside Canada after landing and before we get PR card.
Then, a new issue arises: I actually plan to go back to my hometown around the expected time of CoPR/landing (my application was filed in early January, and AoR in mid-March). I know that we could apply for a travel document for PR in Canadian Embassy or Consulate General. But I obviously want to avoid the hassle and the inexpensive but unnecessary application fee (50CAD).
Would you advise that I postpone landing (or indeed postpone my trip)? But it's going to take a couple of weeks (56 days?) it seems to get PR card for new PRs. And I heard that there is no urgent processing for the issuance of PR card for the first time.

(4) I am really curious (and a bit jealous indeed). How come some of us get the VO in Ottawa? I think the processing time for QSW in Ottawa seems to be a lot faster than that in Sydney NS............. :'(

Note: I haven't got Decision Made status. Indeed there has been no update from CIC since July 21.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
MR21 said:
Hello Everyone,

Good Morning! I landed as a Permanent Resident yesterday. I am gonna share my experience of Landing here for you guys:

Important:
- DO NOT SIGN any papers by yourself at home! The immigration officer will ask to sign wherever its needed.
- There is NO WASHROOM in the immigration office! You will not have a chance to use it until the whole processing is finished! ;)
- Its my personal experience, it may differ from person to person.

0. Required Docs:
Must: Passport+CoPR+Work/Study Permit+CSQ
Supporting: Bank Statement+Employment letter+Paystubs
1. I did flag-poling from Montreal at Lacolle Border. I might be convenient for those who are living around Montreal. The gps location is here: http://tinyurl.com/zft9juf
2. At the USA border, you need to give your passport+CoPR to the officer. After answering some basic questions you will get an Entry Rejection Letter from the officer. Don't panic! Its usual as you are not entering USA, instead you are doing the flag-poling just. After that, you will get the docs back from the officer and will be routed to the Canadian Border service. Btw, The officer didn't ask me to go to the secondary inspection center, but sometimes they might do.
3. At the Canadian Border service, you need to give the passport+CoPR+ Entry Rejection Letter to the officer. You need to answer some basic questions here as well. After that, the officer will give you a "Yellow Piece of Paper" (sorry, I don remember the name of the paper) along with your docs and route you to the processing station/office. For me, the officer told me to take the lane-2 to drive and park my car and then go to Counter-A.
4. Here an Immigration officer will attend you and ask the reason you are here and then ask for the Documents. For me, I had been asked for the Passport+CoPR+Work Permit+The Yellow Paper. Then asked me to write my full address+phone Number+bank account balance (bizarre right?!). However, I had been asked to write the ballpark amount, not the exact amount.
5. The office will take 15-20min now. Hold on! you are not a PR yet! I would say, you are in the no-mans land, coz you already surrender your work permit! It feels like Neo is waiting at the metro/subway station in Matrix. At some point, the officer will call you again and ask some basic, but different than the border gates, questions and ask to sign the CoPR, cross the immigrant visa with a pen (what the heck! we just spent and waited a lot for that!).
6. Now, the officer will tell you the common greeting sentences.. "Congratulations! Welcome to Canada as a Permanent Resident! You have all the rights that a Canadian Citizen has except voting.........and so on". YOU ARE DONE!!!
7. The signed copy of the CoPR is the "Landing Document", you need to keep it for your entire life in Canada. It will be required at the time of the citizenship application process and so on. You do not need to apply for the PR card additionally, its automatic. I had been told that they are gonna send me the PR card in 6-8 weeks to the address that I wrote at very first moment of the processing, so be careful while you are writing the address! Its a bit weird, coz they already have my valid address, but I didn't argue at that moment.. :p
Its recommended that you don't travel outside of Canada until you get the PR card.
8. Go to the cash counter to grab the door code, you need to use the code to unlock the parking door. Drive back home as the PR!

Remark: One of the most important tasks will be to call Service Canada asap to change your SIN number.

That's what my experience was. The Lacolle border is one 24x7, so you can plan your trip anytime. I did it at midnight.

Thanks to all the contributors to this forum, you people are great! Best of luck to those who are expecting to land soon!

Cheers!
Congrats and thanks a lot for sharing such experience...

All the best for the new life dear

RS77

Dec 12, 2016
Hi Smearingo,
you are asking about new photographs, right?
am a december 2015 applicant and i think cic will ask us new photos with PPR because at that time we have to submit 6 photos but after that cic changed that to only 2 photos of 50x70mm.

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
RS77 said:
Hi Smearingo,
you are asking about new photographs, right?
am a december 2015 applicant and i think cic will ask us new photos with PPR because at that time we have to submit 6 photos but after that cic changed that to only 2 photos of 50x70mm.
thank you RS77 for the response!
yes, that's what I expect too. (I submitted 6 photos -- and find the application guidelines contradictory, i dun remember exactly how, but i remember one source says 6 photos another suggests only 2. I submitted 6 anyway, just in case)....

but what if I am from visa-exempt country? will I be asked to submit photo too? i really hope to submit new ones (i wanna look good on my PR card *shy*)

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Korla said:
I got my Passport back. With confirmation papers and Visa stamp.

Thanks
Congrats Korla :)

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
MR21 said:
Hello Everyone,

Good Morning! I landed as a Permanent Resident yesterday. I am gonna share my experience of Landing here for you guys:

Important:
- DO NOT SIGN any papers by yourself at home! The immigration officer will ask to sign wherever its needed.
- There is NO WASHROOM in the immigration office! You will not have a chance to use it until the whole processing is finished! ;)

0. Required Docs:
1. I did flag-poling from Montreal at Lacolle Border. I might be convenient for those who are living around Montreal. The gps location is here: http://tinyurl.com/zft9juf
2. At the USA border, you need to give your passport+CoPR to the officer. After answering some basic questions you will get an Entry Rejection Letter from the officer. Don't panic! Its usual as you are not entering USA, instead you are doing the flag-poling just. After that, you will get the docs back from the officer and will be routed to the Canadian Border service. Btw, The officer didn't ask me to go to the secondary inspection center, but sometimes they might do.
3. At the Canadian Border service, you need to give the passport+CoPR+ Entry Rejection Letter to the officer. You need to answer some basic questions here as well. After that, the officer will give you a "Yellow Piece of Paper" (sorry, I don remember the name of the paper) along with your docs and route you to the processing station/office. For me, the officer told me to take the lane-2 to drive and park my car and then go to Counter-A.
4. Here an Immigration officer will attend you and ask the reason you are here and then ask for the Documents. For me, I had been asked for the Passport+CoPR+Work Permit+The Yellow Paper. Then asked me to write my full address+phone Number+bank account balance (bizarre right?!). However, I had been asked to write the ballpark amount, not the exact amount.
5. The office will take 15-20min now. Hold on! you are not a PR yet! I would say, you are in the no-mans land, coz you already surrender your work permit! It feels like Neo is waiting at the metro/subway station in Matrix. At some point, the officer will call you again and ask some basic, but different than the border gates, questions and ask to sign the CoPR, cross the immigrant visa with a pen (what the heck! we just spent and waited a lot for that!).
6. Now, the officer will tell you the common greeting sentences.. "Congratulations! Welcome to Canada as a Permanent Resident! You have all the rights that a Canadian Citizen has except voting.........and so on". YOU ARE DONE!!!
7. The signed copy of the CoPR is the "Landing Document", you need to keep it for your entire life in Canada. It will be required at the time of the citizenship application process and so on. You do not need to apply for the PR card additionally, its automatic. I had been told that they are gonna send me the PR card in 6-8 weeks to the address that I wrote at very first moment of the processing, so be careful while you are writing the address! Its a bit weird, coz they already have my valid address, but I didn't argue at that moment.. :p
Its recommended that you don't travel outside of Canada until you get the PR card.
8. Go to the cash counter to grab the door code, you need to use the code to unlock the parking door. Drive back home as the PR!

Remark: One of the most important tasks will be to call Service Canada asap to change your SIN number.

That's what my experience was. The Lacolle border is one 24x7, so you can plan your trip anytime. I did it at midnight.

Thanks to all the contributors to this forum, you people are great! Best of luck to those who are expecting to land soon!

Cheers!
MR21,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Congratulations!!

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
RS77 said:
Smearingo,
Maybe they can ask you for new photos...well it depends..!!!
oh it *depends!
but thx for your response~ hope your final steps will be smooth and quick!

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
MR21 said:
Hello Everyone,

Important:

0. Required Docs:

Cheers!
that's great sharing. thank you!
I indeed did flagpole thing for my PGWP. (At that time -- end of November 2015, CIC took insanely long time for PGWP or any kind of extension of temporary residency visa -- 5 months if i remember correctly). the int'l student advisor@ my uni indeed suggested that I apply online. But I went for what they considered to be a courageous move: flagpole (my study permit was to expire on Nov 30, i didn't want to stay in Canada under implied status).
What I want to share here is: I did not get the entry rejection letter from the US customs. I told them I was going for a day trip in Plattsburgh (and yes that's what I actually did, but the main purpose of that trip was the flag poling at the end).
The officers (@Lacolle) were v nice. It was not long for me to get that visa -- I hope flagpoling for PR is similar.
I then shared this experience with my uni's int'l student office. I hope they would let other int'l students know of such option: it's not that adventurous at all and a lot quicker.