+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
cesbien said:
Finally, after 3 years, 5 months and 18 days (CSQ and Federal Stage), I finally got my passport back with permanent resident visa. Visa office: Manila. The federal stage took me 6 months, 19 days overall.
Congrats! Any advise? Received csq last march but still completing documents..

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
I applied CSQ as single applicant and I got my CSQ few days ago. But the issue that I am going to get married in few weeks and i will be informing Quebec immigration once i got married to avoid misrepresentation , but I have below queries

Option 1
1. Should i add my wife in my CSQ and apply for new CSQ asking immigration to add my wife name in it , so that we can apply federal application process together . But I fear do the Quebec Immigration office will re access my CSQ application again as a married guy or they will just add my wife and issue me a new CSQ .
I dont wanna lose my CSQ after adding my wife name .

Option 2 :-
Should i add my wife in my CSQ as well as Fedearal application as a non accompanying member and go alone to canada as PR and sponser my wife once i reach canada.
I hope there are less chances of re accessing my CSQ if i keep my wife as non accompany family member. But spouse sponsorship takes 19 months to process which is very long time to live seperatly .

Please advice which option should i use ?

pappu13380

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
thanks mgazi
using the Checklist you exclude: 3/ 5/ 8/ 11/ 14
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

plz see and confirm once again as i am unmarried so i think 13 also to be excluded

plz make sure that should i exclude 3 additional dependants

Vinc360

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-07-2016 (30-07-2016 Medical Results Received)
Passport Req..
Decision made: 06-12-2016. No PPR (Visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 09-12-2016
LANDED..........
18-12-2016
My girlfriend did her medical exam today and passed out right after paying for the exam, she has a fear of needles and hates getting her blood drawn. Do you guys think it could somehow hurt the results? It's really just a thing that happens to her when getting blood tests due to fear :( It all happened after the exam was done and paid for.

rushabh.mechatronics

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HONK KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pappu13380 said:
thanks mgazi

plz see and confirm once again as i am unmarried so i think 13 also to be excluded

you cannot exclude 13.
it includes birth certificate of yourself.
but you have to exclude 12.

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
cesbien said:
Finally, after 3 years, 5 months and 18 days (CSQ and Federal Stage), I finally got my passport back with permanent resident visa. Visa office: Manila. The federal stage took me 6 months, 19 days overall.

congrats.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
cesbien said:
Congrats! By the way, did you attend an interview during the federal stage? Also, is it common to have an interview during the federal stage?

Thanks

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
raman8310 said:
I applied CSQ as single applicant and I got my CSQ few days ago. But the issue that I am going to get married in few weeks and i will be informing Quebec immigration once i got married to avoid misrepresentation , but I have below queries

Option 1
1. Should i add my wife in my CSQ and apply for new CSQ asking immigration to add my wife name in it , so that we can apply federal application process together . But I fear do the Quebec Immigration office will re access my CSQ application again as a married guy or they will just add my wife and issue me a new CSQ .
I dont wanna lose my CSQ after adding my wife name .

Option 2 :-
Should i add my wife in my CSQ as well as Fedearal application as a non accompanying member and go alone to canada as PR and sponser my wife once i reach canada.
I hope there are less chances of re accessing my CSQ if i keep my wife as non accompany family member. But spouse sponsorship takes 19 months to process which is very long time to live seperatly .

Please advice which option should i use ?
I am also in your situation, but slightly different.

Option 1: You should make sure whether they use the current point scale or the one that used for your application. I believe they will consider your application as a new applicant, so it may cause delay.

Option 2: You can sponsor your wife after you become a PR. Also, you may bring your wife using temporary visa and extend her visa while she is in Canada until she gets PR. You still have a federal stage, it may take at least 10 months (depends on location). Well, do not forget to add your wife name in a federal application (non-accompanying member).

P.S I am not recommending anything, but I just share my view.

Good luck!

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
28-03-2016 - Still wating for ECAS change
Missionquebec said:
Congrats! By the way, did you attend an interview during the federal stage? Also, is it common to have an interview during the federal stage?

Thanks
No, I did not attend an interview. I find myself lucky since I don't speak French and I have a sibling in Toronto. I don't know if they consider those as factors when assessing QSW applicants. Good luck on yours.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
Received a letter on the 13th, asking me to update one of the document (Annexe A) on a small gap (2 months). I sent the updated file online the same day. However, the letter also stated that I needed to do medical if it wasnt done yet (it did not include official request for medical). So I went and book the next available appointment, which was earlier this morning. In the meantime, once I got home, I actually received the official form and instructions to do medical. Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

Insha Allah, things will keep on going ahead.

vinyl

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
Med's Done....
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
sooooon.....
I already have my Medical Request, however my husband is a seaman and he will finish his contract this September. Is it possible that he will be exempted from the medical examination? I declared him as non-accompanying.
Please share your experiences.
Thank You. :)

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
pappu13380 said:
thanks mgazi

Hi pappu13380

The 13: contains the Birth Certificate so it is a must.
the 3: it concerns dependents which means children. You said you don't have children, so there is no need for the 3

Regards,

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Vinc360 said:
My girlfriend did her medical exam today and passed out right after paying for the exam, she has a fear of needles and hates getting her blood drawn. Do you guys think it could somehow hurt the results? It's really just a thing that happens to her when getting blood tests due to fear :( It all happened after the exam was done and paid for.
I think it won't matter as the exam was done. Also if you have the quebec health card do you have to pay for the medical exam. And what is the normal fees for the exam. Was your doctor registered with emedical?

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
vinyl said:
I already have my Medical Request, however my husband is a seaman and he will finish his contract this September. Is it possible that he will be exempted from the medical examination? I declared him as non-accompanying.
Please share your experiences.
Thank You. :)
It is highly unlikely. Your husband has to go for a medical exam whether he goes with you or not.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
cesbien said:
No, I did not attend an interview. I find myself lucky since I don't speak French and I have a sibling in Toronto. I don't know if they consider those as factors when assessing QSW applicants. Good luck on yours.
Thank you for your reply. By the way, do they send AOR through email or postal mail? After receiving AOR, we need to check through ECAS, right? or something else?

Thank you in advance.