+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello Quebec100,

I was just wondering what the "Federal Stage" mean? (you did say NO LIMITS to questions :p )
I'm trying to update my signature with my timeline, but first I need to understand the terms used here. I have submitted my application on the 13th June on Mon Projet Quebec and have already done the payments. My status says "Waiting for Processing" and I have received a mail stating "AR-Ouverture de dossier". Does it mean that I am in the AOR status?

Thanks,
Maleeksha

quebec100 said:
Hi Guys,
As we don't have any topic specially for federal stage of quebec skilled worker program, I am starting this new one.
So ask as many questions as you can and answer as many as you can, NO LIMITS ;D
Please share your timelines for federal stage and lets eliminate curiosity of others.

For me I've recently got CSQ and will apply for federal as soon as I have all the documents.

Helen b

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hello
It is really long journey to reach Canada .
I have the file number before csq 2011
Csq 5.6.2016
App documents sent for federal 15.7.2016
And now I'm waiting for AOR . I just wanna know
The timeframe for MR and the PR .please
Reply me urgently ... Thanks

APayés

Mar 25, 2016
Hi everyone, i need help with this

for the application for permanent resident

when mailing the application, do i have to mail my national ID copy or just the copy of my passport will be enough?

Thanks to all

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
vinyl said:
I already have my Medical Request, however my husband is a seaman and he will finish his contract this September. Is it possible that he will be exempted from the medical examination? I declared him as non-accompanying.
Please share your experiences.
Thank You. :)
The only way to not have to take the medical is if you legally separate or divorce. He would then cease to be a member of the Family Class. You could never sponsor him for PR in the future. Currently, until he takes, and passes, the medical and background check, your PR application is blocked.

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
Helen b said:
Hello
It is really long journey to reach Canada .
I have the file number before csq 2011
Csq 5.6.2016
App documents sent for federal 15.7.2016
And now I'm waiting for AOR . I just wanna know
The timeframe for MR and the PR .please
Reply me urgently ... Thanks
Federal stage in total 13 months depends on location VO. Aor from 40 days to 3 months. And medicals request depends to visa office. Vo paris is fast with medical request and for other vo may take 4-5months for receiving MR.

Helen b

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hi again
Thanks for replying ,my vo is Amman , Jordan
I hope You can reply me according to my vo and inform me
All about the time frame .thanks again

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
I wonder if there is anyone whose place of origin or previous countries of residence (6 months +) require an official letter from CIC for the application for the Police Clearance Certificate...
I happened to come from such a place (Hong Kong). I would be happy to learn when the cic will send this letter.

I applied within Canada via QSW (CSQ-PEQ graduate). Submitted on January 4 2016, received on January 7.
Previously I posted about the non-arrival of AoR, but then in fact I got it on March 17 in my email inbox (I missed it).
Status shows they began reviewing my files on March 18.

Medical Request received on June 30, done at clinic on July 4, submitted to CIC on July 14.
Now status shows that medical results were received.
But, when should I expect to receive the PCC instructions from cic? (it seems to take about 4 weeks at most for HK Police to send the Certificate to CIC)... it drives me nuts to be stuck by the fact that HK Police does not allow application for the Certificate without any letter from immigration/consular office and that CIC keeps this to the last stage...

I hope I am getting very close to it now...

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Smearingo said:
I wonder if there is anyone whose place of origin or previous countries of residence (6 months +) require an official letter from CIC for the application for the Police Clearance Certificate...
I happened to come from such a place (Hong Kong). I would be happy to learn when the cic will send this letter.

I applied within Canada via QSW (CSQ-PEQ graduate). Submitted on January 4 2016, received on January 7.
Previously I posted about the non-arrival of AoR, but then in fact I got it on March 17 in my email inbox (I missed it).
Status shows they began reviewing my files on March 18.

Medical Request received on June 30, done at clinic on July 4, submitted to CIC on July 14.
Now status shows that medical results were received.
But, when should I expect to receive the PCC instructions from cic? (it seems to take about 4 weeks at most for HK Police to send the Certificate to CIC)... it drives me nuts to be stuck by the fact that HK Police does not allow application for the Certificate without any letter from immigration/consular office and that CIC keeps this to the last stage...

I hope I am getting very close to it now...
Me and my friend recieved a generic email today. Reminding us to provide any police certificates, update passports, schedule A, pay RPRF. I think that email was sent to everyone who applied inland in 2016. If you have recieved that maybe you can use that.
Hey did you pay for your medical exam? Was it sent by emedical to cic.

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Missionquebec said:
I am also in your situation, but slightly different.

Option 1: You should make sure whether they use the current point scale or the one that used for your application. I believe they will consider your application as a new applicant, so it may cause delay.

Option 2: You can sponsor your wife after you become a PR. Also, you may bring your wife using temporary visa and extend her visa while she is in Canada until she gets PR. You still have a federal stage, it may take at least 10 months (depends on location). Well, do not forget to add your wife name in a federal application (non-accompanying member).

P.S I am not recommending anything, but I just share my view.

Good luck!
Hi

thank you very muh for your kind information.

Actually I am not thinking to go for option 1 as the risk factor is very high due to point re evaluation which may result in refusal . So i am thinking to apply my federal only for myself and I Will sponser my wife once i reach there .

Also yes i will mention my wife name in Federal application as Non Accompanying member and also i will inform quebec immigration office regarding my wife because when my CSQ was generated I was single .

So I am not going to add her in my CSQ application but just as a information I will inform them

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Saj123 said:
Me and my friend recieved a generic email today. Reminding us to provide any police certificates, update passports, schedule A, pay RPRF. I think that email was sent to everyone who applied inland in 2016. If you have recieved that maybe you can use that.
Hey did you pay for your medical exam? Was it sent by emedical to cic.
No, i haven't received this email. I remember when i filled in Schedule A, I came across the instructions (from CIC website) that for places such as hong kong, we should wait for the moment when cic will send instructions and official letter...

to your question: yes, I paid 250CAD for the exam @Medisys (in the same building of LotoQuebec) in downtown Montreal. And, yes the clinic sent my results by emedical. And, for this one, they require one passport photo.

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
cesbien said:
No, I did not attend an interview. I find myself lucky since I don't speak French and I have a sibling in Toronto. I don't know if they consider those as factors when assessing QSW applicants. Good luck on yours.
Hi,

Congrats again! Kindly send/share to me where to send my application to CIC? Thanks and congrats again. Manila resident also. Hoping in God's good grace to receive our visa soon. God bless.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
raman8310 said:
Hi

thank you very muh for your kind information.

Actually I am not thinking to go for option 1 as the risk factor is very high due to point re evaluation which may result in refusal . So i am thinking to apply my federal only for myself and I Will sponser my wife once i reach there .

Also yes i will mention my wife name in Federal application as Non Accompanying member and also i will inform quebec immigration office regarding my wife because when my CSQ was generated I was single .

So I am not going to add her in my CSQ application but just as a information I will inform them
Good luck!

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Missionquebec said:
Good luck!
Hi

In federal application i need to give reason tht y i am not accompanying my wife ... and the reason is that she dont have the CSQ so i cannot add her in the application .. so should i mention the same in the federal application ?

Any suggestions

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
raman8310 said:
Hi

In federal application i need to give reason tht y i am not accompanying my wife ... and the reason is that she dont have the CSQ so i cannot add her in the application .. so should i mention the same in the federal application ?

Any suggestions
Then they may ask why she did not have CSQ. Therefore, you should mention that you were recently married and you will sponsor your wife later on. Again, this is just my opinion, not my recommendation.:)

Dimple Bhatia

Jul 20, 2016
Hello All,

I had applied for QSW in July 2012 and finally got the approval on 29th June 2016!! I'm now in the process of submitting the PR application and the police clearance certificate. Does anyone know how long does it take for Federal approval from Dubai?

Regards,
Dimple