+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today i have got an email from cic asking some document like personal contact in Quebec and france class details like cartificate.
Any one got this type of email.

Olive87

Mar 21, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on my current situation. I am in Quebec on a student visa (expiring at the end of August) and am also applying for PR through the skilled workers program. I have my CSQ and applied for Federal stage December 2015. I have received notification that my application is complete and is being processed but have not had a request for medical yet.

I am concerned that my student visa will expire before I receive PR but also worried that if I renew the student visa that this might damage my PR application. So two questions: do I apply to extend the student visa now to cover myself (and would this annul the CSQ)? How long after receiving the medical request do most people receive PR?

Thanks for the help!

vanco

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
11/05/2015
AOR Received.
03/04/2016
Passport Req..
05/18/2016
LANDED..........
06/11/2016
Olive87 said:
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on my current situation. I am in Quebec on a student visa (expiring at the end of August) and am also applying for PR through the skilled workers program. I have my CSQ and applied for Federal stage December 2015. I have received notification that my application is complete and is being processed but have not had a request for medical yet.

I am concerned that my student visa will expire before I receive PR but also worried that if I renew the student visa that this might damage my PR application. So two questions: do I apply to extend the student visa now to cover myself (and would this annul the CSQ)? How long after receiving the medical request do most people receive PR?

Thanks for the help!
Hi Olive87,

If you extend the study permit for finishing your actual studies. That is fine.
But you could not pursue a new study program. This might make the MIDI cancel the CSQ as you need to apply CAQ firstly in Quebec. And they will know that.
Are you eligible to apply the PGWP?
One more option, you could always apply a visitor record to keep your legal status in Canada.
If I were you, I would wait till August to see if PPR comes.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
Olive87 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the help!
Olive87,

I would call the call center and ask them to confirm, but from I remember even if your status expires and you have a PR application pending, you actually stay until decision is made. Also, you said your student visa status is expiring, but couldn't you ask for a post-graduate working permit. My student visa expired already, I am still in Canada and working with post-graduate working permit.

The only issue you can face is if you go out of the country and you are trying to re-enter. In that case you would definitely need a visa as the working permit alone does allow you to enter.

So to recap, I believe you can stay in the country if you have a pending PR application after you were a student. However, if you leave the country, you will have to wait on the decision outside then.

I am not a lawyer, so always try to confirm information through your own research or with a qualified representative. I hope this helps.

Olive87

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks for the replies - just to clarify, I am a PhD student in the last year of my program and I need to stay registered at McGill (I cannot have a gap where I do not have a student visa/PR).

I have tried calling immigration QC and Federal and the agents don't seem to understand my case. They just send me forms about how to apply for PR. :/

vanco

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
11/05/2015
AOR Received.
03/04/2016
Passport Req..
05/18/2016
LANDED..........
06/11/2016
Olive87 said:
Thanks for the replies - just to clarify, I am a PhD student in the last year of my program and I need to stay registered at McGill (I cannot have a gap where I do not have a student visa/PR).

I have tried calling immigration QC and Federal and the agents don't seem to understand my case. They just send me forms about how to apply for PR. :/
Unfortunately waiting for PR is not implied status. And you need to renew CAQ and SP to continue your studies.

FYI:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html#studies
The Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) does not grant you status in Canada. If your current study program is not completed, you may continue it until obtaining your diploma as long as your Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ – Québec acceptance certificate) for studies and your study permit remain valid.
The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ was issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon completion of your study program. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future.

charlottemontreal

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Feb 28, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar. 25, 2016
Hi Guys,
I am still waiting for PPR.
History: Application from Montreal, AOR received in Feb, Medical exam done in March and the Landing Fee paid on April 22, 2016.

My passport will expire in Jan 2017 and I got it renewed and received the new passport last week. The passport number has changed.

Question:
Need I send immediately to CIC a scanned copy of new passport through Case Specific Enquiry ?? Or just waiting for PPR and then mail both the old (old one is cancelled but returned to me) and new passports for visa stamping ???

I need your opinion.

Olive87

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks for the info all. I am not starting a new course of studies just finishing the one I was on when I was granted CSQ. I hope this won't create a problem for me.

On a related point, someone has on their side bar that they did the medical before receiving the MR. I am interested in doing everything possible to speed up my application. Is there information regarding doing an 'early' medical so that things are as fast as possible? How do you do this? Thanks a lot!

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
Olive87 said:

Check this information out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

It's one thing to only have a CSQ, but another thing to have your PR application being processed.
If I were you (and that's what I did), apply for a work permit.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
Olive87 said:
Thanks for the info all. I am not starting a new course of studies just finishing the one I was on when I was granted CSQ. I hope this won't create a problem for me.

On a related point, someone has on their side bar that they did the medical before receiving the MR. I am interested in doing everything possible to speed up my application. Is there information regarding doing an 'early' medical so that things are as fast as possible? How do you do this? Thanks a lot!
I am also considering doing the exam early:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

It's called Upfront Medical Report. You can call the physician and get info about it. From my understand, it's better if the physician works with the eMedical electronic system (I think they all do in Canada, so no much worry on that).
So when the exam is done, it enters the system, and IRCC can access the info and update your application.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
charlottemontreal said:
Hi Guys,
History: Application from Montreal, AOR received in Feb, Medical exam done in March and the Landing Fee paid on April 22, 2016.

My passport will expire in Jan 2017 and I got it renewed and received the new passport last week. The passport number has changed.

Question:
Need I send immediately to CIC a scanned copy of new passport through Case Specific Enquiry ?? Or just waiting for PPR and then mail both the old (old one is cancelled but returned to me) and new passports for visa stamping ???

I need your opinion.
It's better to update them of ANY changes, and the passport is a main component of the process, so I would definitely let them know. Especially when the old passport info is on all your documents. They will refer to that inaccurate info to process your application, so you dont want them to go back and have to update after they are pretty much done.

0222andy

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Vinc360 said:
Hi, no we haven't received a medical request yet :( Still waiting and hoping!
:( Me too... :(

engineer2003

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW 10-10-2011: Federal 01-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 18-12-15
AOR Received.
13-11-2011 Federal 31-03-2016
IELTS Request
3-12-2011 7.0 bands & DELF B2 17-1-2015
Med's Request
20-4-2016
Med's Done....
4-5-2016, MEDICAL RECEIVED 8-5-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-5-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!
charlottemontreal said:
Hi Guys,

Question:

I need your opinion.
In my opinion your old passport will suffice once you get visa you can get your new passport and attach old with that it should work.

Good luck

charlottemontreal

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Feb 28, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar. 25, 2016
engineer2003 said:
In my opinion your old passport will suffice once you get visa you can get your new passport and attach old with that it should work.

Good luck
Hi engineer2003 and m81,
Thanks a lot for your replies.

I am still hesitating whether I should notify visa office or not. I searched on this forum and some applicants said it should be fine to send both of the old and new passports when receiving the PPR.

In fact, when I received the RPRF request last month, the VO asks ONLY to notify them of the following situations :

--------------
Has your family composition or personal circumstances changed since our last correspondence?
· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation or death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
If any of these conditions apply, you are required to inform our office immediately.
-------------------------

So, the passport renewal is not included in these situations (family composition or personal circumstances).
Anyway, passport is an important document. That is why I am hesitating.

I fear that, if I notify them, this would delay the processing of my application. So, I prefer not to notify them until receiving the PPR.