+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

legrand

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-10-2011
Doc's Request.
00-02-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 25-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2016 RPRF request 25-01-2016
Med's Request
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016 ; Med's received 09-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-03-2016
Hi Everybody :)

I received my CSQ thanks to God a few days ago and happy to join this forum now.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
csvinayak said:
Hi All

I m from India

I need help in sending my documents to CIC
received CSQ on Aug 13 2015

I have collected all the necessary documents & filled them up .But there are doubts in
1)Generic Application form for Canada IMM0008FRA_2D ---> I have updated my information & my spouse in this document . However my query is Can i add my Father and Inlaws information here . They are not coming to Canada Now.But later they would visit .Should I add them here in this document only ?
2)statutory declaration of union IMM5409 - Is this necessary if you are married .The reason i ask This document is for common law partner

Please help at the earliest .
Hi csvinayak,

1) You do not enter your Father and Inlaws info in the IMM0008. For that, both you and your wife have to fill out IMM-5669-E & IMM-5406-E.

2) IMM5409 is only if you have a common law partner. You are right, it does not apply if you are legally married. No need to fill that.

Do not hesitate to ask any more questions.

Best of Luck.

sivaemn

Jul 20, 2014
Dear friends,

I have applied for FSW 2014 and its in progress ( medical done in June and waiting for DM / PPR ) . I have applied with the landing as Toronto. Now there is an opportunity in my company and they want to send me to Montreal , Quebec in work permit. Can you please advise whether its possible to travel in work permit to montreal while my PR is in progress .
Also want to understand whether i can get a CSQ and land directly in Quebec ? Or i can land in toronto and move to Quebec after a week or so.
Please advise if there are any other option allows me to enter into Quebec and work from there .. Thanks for all your help

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
sivaemn said:
Dear friends,

I have applied for FSW 2014 and its in progress ( medical done in June and waiting for DM / PPR ) . I have applied with the landing as Toronto. Now there is an opportunity in my company and they want to send me to Montreal , Quebec in work permit. Can you please advise whether its possible to travel in work permit to montreal while my PR is in progress .
Also want to understand whether i can get a CSQ and land directly in Quebec ? Or i can land in toronto and move to Quebec after a week or so.
Please advise if there are any other option allows me to enter into Quebec and work from there .. Thanks for all your help
Do you already have a work permit or will you apply for a fresh one ?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
sivaemn said:
I'm yet to file for the work permit
I really don't think moving in to Quebec before getting PR is a good idea. The whole idea goes against FSW which revolves around people intending to reside "outside Quebec". I am sure there will be a legal barrier to cross which will hurt your PR application. Best is to get the PR and then move wherever you want in Canada.

You are almost there. Why risk it?

Good Luck !!

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Subtain ,

Thank you very much for clarifying .Now Before i send it to CIC , just wanted to know

1) In the checklist documents point 15. Police certificates .it suggests its strongly recommended . to submit along with the application .But for our country ( India )the processing time lines are 18 months for QSW at the CIC stage ,As the document suggests police certificates are vaild for only 1 year . I m confused if i should do it Now or on their request only .

on the CSQ its mentioned code 130 priority treatment csq.So if its priority then can I go ahead and submit police certificate now ?.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
csvinayak said:
Hi Subtain ,

Thank you very much for clarifying .Now Before i send it to CIC , just wanted to know

1) In the checklist documents point 15. Police certificates .it suggests its strongly recommended . to submit along with the application .But for our country ( India )the processing time lines are 18 months for QSW at the CIC stage ,As the document suggests police certificates are vaild for only 1 year . I m confused if i should do it Now or on their request only .

on the CSQ its mentioned code 130 priority treatment csq.So if its priority then can I go ahead and submit police certificate now ?.
The priority treatment doesn't apply in federal case, so do expect an average of 18 month processing in your case. Sending police certificates later on can save you a month or so but I will suggest sending them now and then sending them again if asked later. (provided they are not too much of a hassle to get). The reason I am saying is that CIC does background checks and medical checks to issue PR. Lets say CIC wanted to initiate a background check for you but found you have not submitted the police certificates. It will send you an email for police certificates and put you file in the waiting queue. So you lost the time in the documents waiting queue you gained previously.

My suggestion is purely based on observing other cases and common sense. No one is really aware of internal workings of CIC, but you can not go wrong either ways. (Please keep in mind when ever you submit the police certificates, just make sure their issue date is not more than 3 month prior to the day CIC receives them).

Good Luck !!

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I just want to clarify something regarding the PCC issue date. What u/subtain suggested above applies only to the country where you are currently residing. If you lived in another country 5 years ago, but haven't lived there since and have no plans to live there in the immediate future, a PCC issued by that country at point of time after you left, should be sufficient. You wouldn't need to get another clearance in future.

On the other hand, if you for example live in the United States while your application with CIC is pending, you will have to submit FBI clearance certificate issued within the last three months. That means you may have to get it more than once, depending upon your processing time at the Federal stage.

D

David83

cryptic0 said:
I just want to clarify something regarding the PCC issue date. What u/subtain suggested above applies only to the country where you are currently residing. If you lived in another country 5 years ago, but haven't lived there since and have no plans to live there in the immediate future, a PCC issued by that country at point of time after you left, should be sufficient. You wouldn't need to get another clearance in future.

On the other hand, if you for example live in the United States while your application with CIC is pending, you will have to submit FBI clearance certificate issued within the last three months. That means you may have to get it more than once, depending upon your processing time at the Federal stage.
Is that so? I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.

D

David83

cryptic0 said:

How long of time is given to you to submit the clearance certificates when they're asked for?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
cryptic0 said:

Thanks cryptic0. This is a very insightful :)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
I dream of this stage...still waiting on CSQ after so long, but soon i'll going to join this forum :)

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
subtain: You time line indicates you received CSQ pretty fast. Can you give us some details on how many points you had and if your application was prioritized due to one or more factors?

D

David83

Can I submit the clearance certificates once my file is opened and before they ask for them? and do I need to submit one from Canada or not?