+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hi David,

It is my understanding that it's best to send out the PCCs along with your Federal stage paperwork, instead of waiting for them to ask you. Of course if your application stays in processing for more than six months, you'd have to get a new PCC for the country you have been living in.

You do not need PCC from Canada. They can search their own law enforcement databases.

D

David83

cryptic0 said:
Hi David,

It is my understanding that it's best to send out the PCCs along with your Federal stage paperwork, instead of waiting for them to ask you. Of course if your application stays in processing for more than six months, you'd have to get a new PCC for the country you have been living in.

You do not need PCC from Canada. They can search their own law enforcement databases.
But I already sent my application, and I didn't know that I have to send clearance certificates from other countries other than where I am living which is Canada just once, even if they expire during the processing time. I just knew that, and that is why I want to send them as soon as possible. Can I send them once they open my file, or they won't open my file without them?

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Wait for someone to chime in with how to add more information to your existing file at CIC. Their website may also have relevant information. Search "updating CIC file after provincial nomination" or something along those lines.

The underlying assumption about PCCs is that the record is not going to change unless you went back to that specific country to live recently. The record extract that such a country will provide you at any point of time is not going to change. So there is no reason to request a fresh one.

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
David83 said:
But I already sent my application, and I didn't know that I have to send clearance certificates from other countries other than where I am living which is Canada just once, even if they expire during the processing time. I just knew that, and that is why I want to send them as soon as possible. Can I send them once they open my file, or they won't open my file without them?
David
Best practice, is to wait for PCC request, don't send any document without a request from CIC.. in fact, it is clearly mentioned in the AOR (Please do not forward additional documents unless requested).

D

David83

Luc22 said:
David
Best practice, is to wait for PCC request, don't send any document without a request from CIC.. in fact, it is clearly mentioned in the AOR (Please do not forward additional documents unless requested).
OK, good to know, since I haven't received my AOR yet. Thanks

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
cryptic0 said:
Wait for someone to chime in with how to add more information to your existing file at CIC. Their website may also have relevant information. Search "updating CIC file after provincial nomination" or something along those lines.

The underlying assumption about PCCs is that the record is not going to change unless you went back to that specific country to live recently. The record extract that such a country will provide you at any point of time is not going to change. So there is no reason to request a fresh one.
This is applicable to my case,, I am living in Montreal since 2012 and I got a PCC from Dubai dated May 2014 but i haven't been to that country after the date of the PCC so logically it should be ok to submit it once requested.. But i am hesitating and afraid that might delay the process and CIC might request a fresh one.. it doesn't make sense anyway.

D

David83

cryptic0 said:

It makes sense. How long do they give for us to submit the PCCs? and will the PCCs be asked for before or after the MR?

D

David83

Luc22 said:
This is applicable to my case,, I am living in Montreal since 2012 and I got a PCC from Dubai dated May 2014 but i haven't been to that country after the date of the PCC so logically it should be ok to submit it once requested.. But i am hesitating and afraid that might delay the process and CIC might request a fresh one.. it doesn't make sense anyway.
I think I read somewhere that PCCs have to be issued in the last three months before submitting them.

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
David83 said:
I think I read somewhere that PCCs have to be issued in the last three months before submitting them.
I have lived in 3 different countries and got all PCCs earlier to avoid delays once requested by CIC , if this is the case ( 3 months validity) then i have to get new PCCs ....
As for PCC request after MR or before,, it is not a general rule,, some got Medical and PCC requests at the same time.. I got MR but not yet the PCC.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
cryptic0 said:
subtain: You time line indicates you received CSQ pretty fast. Can you give us some details on how many points you had and if your application was prioritized due to one or more factors?
I had my job offer validated by Immigration Quebec and that's why I got priority. Secondly at that time all CSQ intake applications was on hold (Except for PEQ and validated job offer of course), therefore they had more time on their hands to process priority applications fast. My points a that time were 64.

For Job Validation, I used the link below:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/validation-emploi-permanent.html

D

David83

Luc22 said:
I have lived in 3 different countries and got all PCCs earlier to avoid delays once requested by CIC , if this is the case ( 3 months validity) then i have to get new PCCs ....
As for PCC request after MR or before,, it is not a general rule,, some got Medical and PCC requests at the same time.. I got MR but not yet the PCC.
I think the point from this to make sure you won't live for 6 new months in a country that you already have its PCC. Anyway, hope it will work with you with the ones you already have. How long they give to submit the PCC and MR? I hope it is long enough to have them issued and mailed.

D

David83

Luc22 said:
But why you haven't submitted it with your application since you already had it?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Luc22 said:
Apparently there is some misunderstanding in PCC. The following links refer to the 3 month rule.

http://www.immigration.ca/ar/immigration-manuals/202-home/immigration-manuals/electronic-application-permanent-residence/1365-police-certificates-pcs.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-clearance-certificate-no-more-than-3-months-before-you-apply-t163414.0.html

BUT now that when I read the official CIC website, it clearly mentions that:

1. For the country where you currently reside, the police certificate must not be more than 6 month old.

2. For any other country, the issue date of the police certificate must be after you left that country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Now this is really confusing. I will call CIC tomorrow to confirm this.

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
David83 said:
I think the point from this to make sure you won't live for 6 new months in a country that you already have its PCC. Anyway, hope it will work with you with the ones you already have. How long they give to submit the PCC and MR? I hope it is long enough to have them issued and mailed.
30 days to submit additional document.

D

David83

Luc22 said:
30 days to submit additional document.
30 days is sufficient for the MR but for the PCCs it is very short. I think it is better to get the PCCs done sooner than later, but a confirmation is needed first from people who already submitted PCCs issued before 3 moths from the submission date and got accepted.