+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mrkssi

Nov 25, 2022
Everyone seems to get AOR really quick so I am starting to get anxious with my application :( Does anyone apply around March and still heard nothing since submission like me? I wonder if something’s wrong with my application :(
Hi, are you an Inland or Outland applicant? You applied to IRCC post CSQ in March 2022 or 2023? If it's in 2022 then you should try to get in contact with them. If it's in 2023 then that's recent, you have to wait for maybe couple of weeks or perhaps months. For me it took 4 months to receive the AOR but I do see people who got it quicker and perhaps they are Inland applicants who are in Canada. Overall I do believe it got way better now than for those who applied couple of years ago. Good luck ! :)

Reactions: ciecie

Soni_

Mar 26, 2022
Hey Guys, I finally received PR confirmation email.
My timeline below:
CSQ received: Dec 7, 2022
Federal applied (online application): Dec 21, 2022
AOR/Application number received by email: Feb 6, 2023
Linked my application to online account: Feb 8, 2023
Medical exam passed: Feb 7, 2023
GU Update: Feb 27, 2023
ADR (CV requested): March 20, 2023
Document received: March 28, 2023
1st email (PR confirmation): March 29, 2023
2nd email: March 31, 2023

:)
Hi, I am little bit confused about Aor… Is it an official letter or just an email confirming that you application has been received? Any clues please!

Reactions: Nanã_Obah_II

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi, I am little bit confused about Aor… Is it an official letter or just an email confirming that you application has been received? Any clues please!
For me it means that someone at the immigration office has finally opened your file and assign an official application number to it. Now you can use that number to link your account online (that used to be the case when i did it on paper). I think now is all online, so provably it is automated, but it seems you still get your AOR by email to link your account. Take it as a number that now you can use to track your application, ask question about it to immigration agents by phone, etc. After AOR, application tends to go fast.

Mahmoud Eltorkman

Dec 31, 2022
Hi guys I was wondering about this section for the Declaration of Intent to reside in Quebec Sign How can you do this sign adobe acrobat didn't give the option to fill and sign did you sign it by typing your full name in the signature space by this form or you did it with another way please if you have any information about this section please let me know how you did It.

You must download, complete, digitally sign, and upload all the forms you need for your application. Do not print and scan any of these forms. Please refer to the program guide for exceptions.

IMM 0008 SCH5 (required)
[Download] Schedule 5: Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec - Economic Classes (opens in a new browser tab)
Schedule 5: Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec - Economic Classes

chchchch

Mar 27, 2023
Hi guys I was wondering about this section for the Declaration of Intent to reside in Quebec Sign How can you do this sign adobe acrobat didn't give the option to fill and sign did you sign it by typing your full name in the signature space by this form or you did it with another way please if you have any information about this section please let me know how you did It.

You must download, complete, digitally sign, and upload all the forms you need for your application. Do not print and scan any of these forms. Please refer to the program guide for exceptions.

IMM 0008 SCH5 (required)
[Download] Schedule 5: Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec - Economic Classes (opens in a new browser tab)
Schedule 5: Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec - Economic Classes
I don't think you need to sign it according to the guide here : Quebec-selected skilled workers: How to apply - Canada.ca

it says :
You must also fill out these PDF forms

Mahmoud Eltorkman

Dec 31, 2022
I don't think you need to sign it according to the guide here : Quebec-selected skilled workers: How to apply - Canada.ca

it says :
You must also fill out these PDF forms
Thank you chchchch for your help,

To clarify, for the IMM 0008 SCH5 form, I need to type my full name in the signature space just as I have done in the rest of the forms. This constitutes as my electronic signature. It is not necessary to use a Wacom pen or any other signature device. As the principal applicant, I'm responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all the information provided in the application.

Reactions: chchchch

chchchch

Mar 27, 2023
Thank you chchchch for your help,

To clarify, for the IMM 0008 SCH5 form, I need to type my full name in the signature space just as I have done in the rest of the forms. This constitutes as my electronic signature. It is not necessary to use a Wacom pen or any other signature device. As the principal applicant, I'm responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all the information provided in the application.
Yes! At least that's what I did for my application.
And like you said, adobe acrobat didn't give the option to fill and sign so I think it's fine to type in your name

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
Hi, are you an Inland or Outland applicant? You applied to IRCC post CSQ in March 2022 or 2023? If it's in 2022 then you should try to get in contact with them. If it's in 2023 then that's recent, you have to wait for maybe couple of weeks or perhaps months. For me it took 4 months to receive the AOR but I do see people who got it quicker and perhaps they are Inland applicants who are in Canada. Overall I do believe it got way better now than for those who applied couple of years ago. Good luck ! :)
Hi! I am an inland applicant. Actually I already expected to receive my AOR after a few months because that was the average amount of time based on people’s timeline before. But now I see some people who applied around the same time as me (March 2023) got the AOR after just a few days so I just started to be worried out of sudden. I submitted mine exactly one month ago but nothing happened ever since. I guess it depends on a lot of things and I need to wait patiently :) Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: mrkssi

Jared_B

Apr 14, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I received my CSQ just a week ago (Regular Skilled Worker program).
However, I renewed my passport lately, so the passport information I provided when I have submitted my documents for the CSQ application have changed (Passport number, expiry date, etc.).

Am I supposed to upload both the new and old passports in my PR application?

One more question if I may, my wife will be renewing her passport in a couple of months. By the time she has new passport details, our PR application would have been submitted already (with her old/expired passport details - Passport number, issue and expiry dates) !

Do you know if we can change her passport info in this case after the PR applicationhas been submitted? Or do we need for the IRCC to ask for the new passport once they process our application and find out that the passport has expired?

Thank you,

Jared

Last edited:

AD1298

Oct 16, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I received my CSQ just a week ago (Regular Skilled Worker program).
However, I renewed my passport lately, so the passport information I provided when I have submitted my documents for the CSQ application have changed (Passport number, expiry date, etc.).

Am I supposed to upload both the new and old passports in my PR application?

One more question if I may, my wife will be renewing her passport in a couple of months. By the time she has new passport details, our PR application would have been submitted already (with her old/expired passport details - Passport number, issue and expiry dates) !

Do you know if we can change her passport info in this case after the PR applicationhas been submitted? Or do we need for the IRCC to ask for the new passport once they process our application and find out that the passport has expired?

Thank you,

Jared
Hi,
For your first question. Just go with your new passport. Your passport number is not included in your CSQ.
For the second question, I am not sure. I think if you renew your passport after submitting the federal application, you need to submit a web-form and notify IRCC along with the scan of the new passport.
Good luck!

Jared_B

Apr 14, 2023
Noted. Thank you for your reply.
I checked the IRCC webform, although there's no mentioning for the change in the passport details, it mentions that this form may be used in case someone wants to report an important change.

Thank you

Reactions: SD_1987

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,
For your first question. Just go with your new passport. Your passport number is not included in your CSQ.
For the second question, I am not sure. I think if you renew your passport after submitting the federal application, you need to submit a web-form and notify IRCC along with the scan of the new passport.
Good luck!
I believe you should consider the IRCC Web-Form.

However, I am not sure whether the Type of Application/ Enquiry should be:
1. Replacement documents, Amendment to documents And Verification of Status Documents,
2. Permanent Residence (online)

Good Luck!

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hello Everyone,

For the CSQ application (which I submitted and still waiting to hear back from the Ministry), my documents were translated by A translator who is a member of a professional order as mentioned on the website:
If you will have your documents translated outside of Québec or Canada, only translations by the following will be accepted:
A translator who is a member of a professional order or authorized to act as such;

However, for the Federal part (in case my CSQ application gets approved), the Form Imm5690e (Documents Checklist - Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Class and Quebec Skilled Workers), mentions that in case the document is not in English or French, you must send it with:
  • the English or French translation and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document

I asked the translator in my hometown, who happens to be an accredited translator - but outside Canada, about the affidavit (which we did not provide for the CSQ Application); she mentioned that she's not familiar with such a request/document.

Have someone been in the same situation? if so, how did you manage to provide the affidavit? and it would be amazing if you can share with me a copy of it so I can ask the translator about the possibility to provide a similar one.