+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Did you gave Quebec address for PR card? I am staying in Ontario and I received the PR card request, I am not sure if I can give Ontario address to get my PR card.
After getting eCoPR you can do whatever you want, you are a PR now, there is no risk and getting the card is just a thing about where to deliver the card to.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I live in Quebec so, yes, I gave my Quebec address. I don't know what happens if you give an Ontario address.

One of the required documents for Quebec skilled worker federal application is the Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec which you would have signed. Providing an Ontario address for PR card might be a red flag with respect to this declaration. But, I don't know anyone who was in a similar situation as you so I don't know what can realistically happen in this case.

A safer option might be to provide a friend's or a relative's address in Quebec who can then mail the PR card(s) to you in Ontario.
There's no issue as he is a PR now, under the charter of rights he can do pretty much what he/she wants now. If during the application they find out he lied and was living in Ontario and wanted to reside there since the beginning yeah, he/she would be at fault and rightly so. Even if they find out afterwards that from the beginning he/she wanted to live in other place than Quebec and prove it, they could retroactively take their PR, but if they moved afterwards or in a reasonable time before getting his PR, no issue there, life happens.

If if was an issue and a red flag as you said, what you suggested of using a friend's address would be misrepresentation, as they can check his/her addresses from their application and see that they are intentionally lying about residing in Quebec, then take their PR away plus a 5 year ban.

It is not an issue in his/her case, so don't worry.

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
There's no issue as he is a PR now, under the charter of rights he can do pretty much what he/she wants now. If during the application they find out he lied and was living in Ontario and wanted to reside there since the beginning yeah, he/she would be at fault and rightly so. Even if they find out afterwards that from the beginning he/she wanted to live in other place than Quebec and prove it, they could retroactively take their PR, but if they moved afterwards or in a reasonable time before getting his PR, no issue there, life happens.
This seems a bit weird to me because this would allow anyone from other provinces to apply for Quebec PR programs by just indicating the intent to reside in Quebec and then not fulfilling it, especially now when the average processing time for Quebec applications is much lower (Skilled Workers (Quebec): 19 months) than other provinces (Skilled Workers (Federal): 31 months). I guess I'm probably missing a step where they ask for more documents/proof to justify your intent to reside in Quebec if you currently reside/work outside Quebec probably because it didn't apply to me.

If if was an issue and a red flag as you said, what you suggested of using a friend's address would be misrepresentation, as they can check his/her addresses from their application and see that they are intentionally lying about residing in Quebec, then take their PR away plus a 5 year ban.
I was under the impression that providing a friend's address for receiving PR card was okay if you don't have an address for yourself. I don't remember the exact text used so can't say if it explicitly states that this should be your residential address. For example, I have routinely seen this suggestion to all the people who do soft landing for their PR since PR cards can take a while to get shipped and are not shipped to non-Canadian addresses.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
This seems a bit weird to me because this would allow anyone from other provinces to apply for Quebec PR programs by just indicating the intent to reside in Quebec and then not fulfilling it, especially now when the average processing time for Quebec applications is much lower (Skilled Workers (Quebec): 19 months) than other provinces (Skilled Workers (Federal): 31 months). I guess I'm probably missing a step where they ask for more documents/proof to justify your intent to reside in Quebec if you currently reside/work outside Quebec probably because it didn't apply to me.

I was under the impression that providing a friend's address for receiving PR card was okay if you don't have an address for yourself. I don't remember the exact text used so can't say if it explicitly states that this should be your residential address. For example, I have routinely seen this suggestion to all the people who do soft landing for their PR since PR cards can take a while to get shipped and are not shipped to non-Canadian addresses.

You are correct, they ask for more documentations if they are unsure about your intentions.

For the other thing I was just saying an hypothetical situation, it does not cause any trouble to send PR card to someone else. I was just suggesting that if it really was an issue, then using other people's address would cause even more trouble.

Reactions: nouveauRP

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys,
I just received an E-mail from VFS global asking with e-ICR document attached, does that mean I need to drop off my passport at VFS global office?, I haven’t done the medical yet. Am I expected to do it later? Thank you!.

Abotreika

Nov 4, 2021
Hello guys, I'm an outlander and finished everything including medicals and just got an email asking me for a settlement plan in Quebec. Is that normal? And what should be this settlement plan? I mean is there a template or I just write my own

Reactions: Lorena Marins

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
Hey i completed my medical test (quebec skilled worker) on January 12. Until now I haven’t heard anything from IRCC. Is this normal?

I have my e-medical document, it shows a UMI AND an IME number. Not only that, the IME number on the e-medical document is different than the one in the instruction sheet i received from IRCC. I’m not sure if the panel physician messed up my application and i don’t know what to do. Any advice will greatly help!

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys,
Is it fine if me and another family member get the medical tests at different places? Because we are not in the same country. Do you think it would slow the process somehow? Thank you!

Ruii

Jun 11, 2022
Hey i completed my medical test (quebec skilled worker) on January 12. Until now I haven’t heard anything from IRCC. Is this normal?

I have my e-medical document, it shows a UMI AND an IME number. Not only that, the IME number on the e-medical document is different than the one in the instruction sheet i received from IRCC. I’m not sure if the panel physician messed up my application and i don’t know what to do. Any advice will greatly help!
Do you do the test in Canada or not? It takes me several days for the results but a month is a little long. My timeline is in my signature

Feb 17, 2023
Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. Please see my timeline from CSQ to on-going federal application below:

CSQ received: Dec 7, 2022
Federal applied (online application): Dec 21, 2022
AOR/Application number received by email: Feb 6, 2023
Linked my application to online account: Feb 8, 2023
Medical exam passed: Feb 7, 2023

(in case you might be wondering I didn't receive medical request. I had an upfront medical done for my work permit and I applied it during submitting my federal application)

I have 2 questions regarding the same:
1. I can't see my application status by CAS tool. Is it applicable for QSW applications?
2. My IRCC account still shows that my background check is still in process. I know application processing time varies case to case, but what are the usual processing times these days just to have an idea.