+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello, I have a question about Federal step after CSQ. I along with my family (wife + 1 Child) received CSQ where I was the primary applicant. Now at the federal step, due to some personal reasons I want to delay my PR application but would like to know if my wife can apply for federal PR as primary applicant with my child. will this be an issue if I am not on the file even though I was the primary applicant on CSQ? Thank you!
They most likely will need to apply for a new CSQ, as the reason they received it in the first place was because you were the primary applicant, without you, immigration will need to reevaluate their case. In any case, you will be on the their file for PR regardless, your information will be requested, medical exam, travel history, etc, you will have to write that you are "not accompanying them" in the immigration tho, as only they will move to Canada. Remember that by doing this, you cannot be sponsored by them in the future. There's few cases when something like this will help you, remember that you can always come to Canada, land and receive your PR and then go back to your country, just remember to stay in Canada at least 730 days during the next 5 years after you get PR.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I thought it isn't A

I thought it isn't AOR as it doesn't contain the line "With this, we acknowledge reception of your PR''. I tried 5 times to link the application and it doesn't work at all!. I will try to contact them be E-mail and hopefully someone will get back to me. Thank you again!.
When did you start your application? Is this the first email that you received from IRCC in the federal stage of the application? When I did mine on paper it took around 7 months to get AOR, more recently times are much shorter, my wife took only 2 months for AOR.

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
I thought it isn't A

I thought it isn't AOR as it doesn't contain the line "With this, we acknowledge reception of your PR''. I tried 5 times to link the application and it doesn't work at all!. I will try to contact them be E-mail and hopefully someone will get back to me. Thank you again!.
It is not the exact line as I vaguely remembered it. But it will be something hinting to them acknowledging reception of your application.

Good luck!

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Received eCoPR today! About 2 weeks from uploading the photos. Detailed timeline below in the signature. Good luck to everyone who's waiting!

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
Hello, I applied for federal process when I was in Canada and I came to India for wedding in October 2022, and I had return flight of 18th Feb 2023. My wife got Spouse Open Work Permit in December 2022. I received COPR today which is 6th Feb, 2023. Can my wife travel with me?

Any help will be appreciated.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello, I applied for federal process when I was in Canada and I came to India for wedding in October 2022, and I had return flight of 18th Feb 2023. My wife got Spouse Open Work Permit in December 2022. I received COPR today which is 6th Feb, 2023. Can my wife travel with me?

Any help will be appreciated.
That was a long wedding, Indians know how to celebrate! haha
In all seriousness, yes, as I understand she got the spouse open work permit because of you, so most likely she needs to enter Canada for the first time with you or after you, as she seems to be dependent on you in the application. Although this last point may not even matter as you were already living in Canada. So shouldn't be any issues.

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
Good day!. Hope everyone is doing ok!. So I received a message on my IRCC account asking for some documents, one of which is the police certificate. I uploaded all the required documents, however, I could not find a way to upload the police certificate one. Is that normal?. when I log into my account now, it does not require me to upload any documents, another question, they have requested my to do the biometrics, am I required to do anything after doing it? like sending them something? and how long does you think it takes after the biometrics for the process to finalize?. Thank you in advance!.

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
When did you start your application? Is this the first email that you received from IRCC in the federal stage of the application? When I did mine on paper it took around 7 months to get AOR, more recently times are much shorter, my wife took only 2 months for AOR.
Sorry for my late answer, I just saw your reply. I submitted my application on 09-12-2022, and yes it’s my first time to hear from IRCC. I think the processing time of online applications is way shorter!.

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
Good day!. Hope everyone is doing ok!. So I received a message on my IRCC account asking for some documents, one of which is the police certificate. I uploaded all the required documents, however, I could not find a way to upload the police certificate one. Is that normal?. when I log into my account now, it does not require me to upload any documents, another question, they have requested my to do the biometrics, am I required to do anything after doing it? like sending them something? and how long does you think it takes after the biometrics for the process to finalize?. Thank you in advance!.
You need to combine multiple documents if you don't have much inputs for uploading more documents. Write an index of files if you are combining multiple documents in a single PDF. I was provided 3 inputs for 15 documents, I combined multiple documents in single file and it worked.

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
I applied for federal process from Ontario. I have now received my PR card request. Can I order card in Ontario or do I need a Quebec address? Also, if I can order card in Ontario, how soon I have to move to Quebec? I recently signed 6 months of lease for a house in Ontario.

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
Received eCoPR today! About 2 weeks from uploading the photos. Detailed timeline below in the signature. Good luck to everyone who's waiting!
Did you gave Quebec address for PR card? I am staying in Ontario and I received the PR card request, I am not sure if I can give Ontario address to get my PR card.

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
You need to combine multiple documents if you don't have much inputs for uploading more documents. Write an index of files if you are combining multiple documents in a single PDF. I was provided 3 inputs for 15 documents, I combined multiple documents in single file and it worked.
I sent them the police certificate through the portal instead of the IRCC account documents option, and they acknowledged that they received the files.

Lorena Marins

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
outland?

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Did you gave Quebec address for PR card? I am staying in Ontario and I received the PR card request, I am not sure if I can give Ontario address to get my PR card.
I live in Quebec so, yes, I gave my Quebec address. I don't know what happens if you give an Ontario address.

One of the required documents for Quebec skilled worker federal application is the Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec which you would have signed. Providing an Ontario address for PR card might be a red flag with respect to this declaration. But, I don't know anyone who was in a similar situation as you so I don't know what can realistically happen in this case.

A safer option might be to provide a friend's or a relative's address in Quebec who can then mail the PR card(s) to you in Ontario.