+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
eCOPR received2 days ago, finnally my battle is over.

I have a question about my permanent residence card, I am trying to apply by online several times but the system does not allow me to submit my application, I filled the electronic forms but it looks like there is something wrong, the photo is fine, is it better to send the application by paper?
Congratulations! What do you mean by apply? If you received eCOPR, then in a few days you’ll be able to download your doc (if you haven’t been able to already). Image and address for me remain in review.
I went ahead and linked my pr card application to my ircc account so I can keep up with progress outside of the PR portal which just shows “in review” for everything. Hope to hear back soon so I can finally FINALLY be fully done. One note on linking my PR card app. I logged into my IRCC account and clicked on “link an application” then selected the option of UCI and family name. On multiple tries it couldn’t find my app when I input my info like city/town of birth and I figured out through a forum you have to copy it EXACTLY as it’s written on your passport (caps locks and all) or it won’t be able to find and link. Good luck to you!

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Congratulations! What do you mean by apply? If you received eCOPR, then in a few days you’ll be able to download your doc (if you haven’t been able to already). Image and address for me remain in review.
I went ahead and linked my pr card application to my ircc account so I can keep up with progress outside of the PR portal which just shows “in review” for everything. Hope to hear back soon so I can finally FINALLY be fully done. One note on linking my PR card app. I logged into my IRCC account and clicked on “link an application” then selected the option of UCI and family name. On multiple tries it couldn’t find my app when I input my info like city/town of birth and I figured out through a forum you have to copy it EXACTLY as it’s written on your passport (caps locks and all) or it won’t be able to find and link. Good luck to you!

the document was sent to my email directly 2 days ago, I want to apply by online to get my Permanent residence card but I have some questions about this.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Sure bro… gd luck to u too
Hi,

I sent them 2 forms and got the same standard reply. However I received last week my wife and daughter cards, still pending for my son and myself. I am currently outside Canada and need the PR cards to get back :)

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
the document was sent to my email directly 2 days ago, I want to apply by online to get my Permanent residence card but I have some questions about this.
Ok I can’t tell from your signature if you more outland or not but I’m inland and I didn’t receive eCOPR by email. It was in the pr portal for download. Maybe call ircc on Tuesday to make sure.

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Ok I can’t tell from your signature if you more outland or not but I’m inland and I didn’t receive eCOPR by email. It was in the pr portal for download. Maybe call ircc on Tuesday to make sure.
I received the letter directly by immigration like this in pdf including a message:

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)

inlander

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Any suggestion abt the phone number to reach IRCC from here in Montreal. Best time to make calls to get the line through ? Please.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
I received the letter directly by immigration like this in pdf including a message:

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)

inlander
Ok so this is just your approval email. True eCOPR is within the PR portal which you will receive access to typically 2-10 days after getting that email.

Once you’re in, you’ll be able to upload your photo, confirm you’re in Canada, and then you’ll get a downloadable eCOPR document.

it’s an actual PDF and you’ll get an emailsay congratulations you are a permanent resident. You’re not quite there yet. Almost though!

Reactions: govanotiforever1987

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Ok so this is just your approval email. True eCOPR is within the PR portal which you will receive access to typically 2-10 days after getting that email.

Once you’re in, you’ll be able to upload your photo, confirm you’re in Canada, and then you’ll get a downloadable eCOPR document.

it’s an actual PDF and you’ll get an emailsay congratulations you are a permanent resident. You’re not quite there yet. Almost though!
Thanks so much, even until last night I realized by myself that I have to wait until IRCC gives me access to the portal because I answer their email where I provided some basic information.

Reactions: Thursty9

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
No, my brother had been working in Quebec up until 3 weeks ago. He had applied for a renewal of his work permit but realized it was refused, he received a message to pay some fees and was given 7 days for that, but he was never notified by email so by the time he connected to his account he realized he had that message and it was too kate, his work permit renewal was refused because of that. Overnight, he had to stop working, he has a mortgage to pay. He is a project manager for a big developer in Montreal, his boss reached out to the MP for the follow up request to IRCC. He filed a request to revoke his working status but he is hoping that the PR approval comes sooner so that he can go back to work.
Ok I’m sorry to hear that. Does he have a lawyer? I would double check on my statements but I’ve been here almost 9 years and have been in a similar situation.

in this case he should redo the work permit renewal application (there’s an option to restore status if it’s lapsed) and pay all the fees. That will give him implied status to begin work again with the same employer (he can’t switch jobs unless he was on an open permit). He won’t be able to leave CA while it’s in progress, but at least he can begin work again.

I was laid off on a closed permit and applied for an BOWP (open permit) while my pr was in progress (I had already passed medical) and had to cease work for 5 months! It was a nightmare as I have twin toddlers, inflation, no family support…all the things. So I understand completely. But ultimately the WP came first…not the PR and the WP took as long as it said on the IRCC site (165 days). I called, begged, cried, cussed. Nothing helped but to wait.

So if he’s not going to reapply for WP and instead chooses to take a chance on PR coming soon, then he is a visitor here with no status and won’t receive EI benefits or anything like that. If he works under the table or receives any funds, he’s at risk for being kicked out the country. You’ll likely have to be a supportive sister for him while this is all happening.

Also a note that once PR is confirmed there’s a process for securing the eCOPR document which allows him to get a new SIN…all that stuff that would impact him getting back to work right away.

Finally, now that he has a rejected WP application he’ll need to declare that on the PR app :(. It’s one of the most important questions on the app. He can update it by web form.

Its surprising I’ve never seen a WP rejected due to nonpayment of something so that is a first for me. There’s usually a reason like they don’t believe you’ll leave or you have ties to Canada etc.

In the end, it never hurts to have the WP application in progress as a backup so he can get back to work. If the PR comes fast great. If it doesn’t, he’s still covered.

Again double check with a lawyer and if he doesn’t have one, Cohen Immigration attorneys will answer your questions.

All the best!

bacard

Jun 29, 2022
Congratulations! How do you see/know when pr card is mailed?
Thank you! :)

You can see the status of your PR card by linking your PR card application to your IRCC account. Once you do, when they mail your card you will get a message on your IRCC account/email

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Ok I’m sorry to hear that. Does he have a lawyer? I would double check on my statements but I’ve been here almost 9 years and have been in a similar situation.

in this case he should redo the work permit renewal application (there’s an option to restore status if it’s lapsed) and pay all the fees. That will give him implied status to begin work again with the same employer (he can’t switch jobs unless he was on an open permit). He won’t be able to leave CA while it’s in progress, but at least he can begin work again.

I was laid off on a closed permit and applied for an BOWP (open permit) while my pr was in progress (I had already passed medical) and had to cease work for 5 months! It was a nightmare as I have twin toddlers, inflation, no family support…all the things. So I understand completely. But ultimately the WP came first…not the PR and the WP took as long as it said on the IRCC site (165 days). I called, begged, cried, cussed. Nothing helped but to wait.

So if he’s not going to reapply for WP and instead chooses to take a chance on PR coming soon, then he is a visitor here with no status and won’t receive EI benefits or anything like that. If he works under the table or receives any funds, he’s at risk for being kicked out the country. You’ll likely have to be a supportive sister for him while this is all happening.

Also a note that once PR is confirmed there’s a process for securing the eCOPR document which allows him to get a new SIN…all that stuff that would impact him getting back to work right away.

Finally, now that he has a rejected WP application he’ll need to declare that on the PR app :(. It’s one of the most important questions on the app. He can update it by web form.

Its surprising I’ve never seen a WP rejected due to nonpayment of something so that is a first for me. There’s usually a reason like they don’t believe you’ll leave or you have ties to Canada etc.

In the end, it never hurts to have the WP application in progress as a backup so he can get back to work. If the PR comes fast great. If it doesn’t, he’s still covered.

Again double check with a lawyer and if he doesn’t have one, Cohen Immigration attorneys will answer your questions.

All the best!
Thanks for the detailed feedback. He had already applied to restore his status, but that doesnt give him the right to work until it is approved, he consulted with two lawyers. Yes, I am now supporting him and wouldnt mind doing that until he gets an approval either for the work permit or PR. In this work permit refusal, the agents specifically said it was because of him not paying the fees that he requested in that message that my brother wasnt notified about. He did not send a webform to inform IRCC that his work permit was refused, are you sure he needs to do that, that was not mentioned by the consultants/lawyers that he worked with.
Appreciate all the valuable info

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Thanks for the detailed feedback. He had already applied to restore his status, but that doesnt give him the right to work until it is approved, he consulted with two lawyers. Yes, I am now supporting him and wouldnt mind doing that until he gets an approval either for the work permit or PR. In this work permit refusal, the agents specifically said it was because of him not paying the fees that he requested in that message that my brother wasnt notified about. He did not send a webform to inform IRCC that his work permit was refused, are you sure he needs to do that, that was not mentioned by the consultants/lawyers that he worked with.
Appreciate all the valuable info
Ok if the lawyers and consultants don’t think it necessary ignore my comment on the updating the web form. It stinks he can’t work while trying to restore status. Wow what a predicament! I’m sending app the positive vibes your way! Good luck hopefully he gets approved for something soon!