+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

sahil05

Feb 14, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my timeline and see if there's someone else in the same boat as me:

September 2018: CSQ Received under PEQ
February 2019: Federal PR applied
April 2019: Received from IRCC saying, "We have started processing your application"

Since then, no update. It's been almost 36 months. Inland application. Applied for extension of my work permit under the new rules for the applicants who are experiencing PR delays.

Any advice on what can be done here? Thanks

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Can you share your online account status ?
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my timeline and see if there's someone else in the same boat as me:

September 2018: CSQ Received under PEQ
February 2019: Federal PR applied
April 2019: Received from IRCC saying, "We have started processing your application"

Since then, no update. It's been almost 36 months. Inland application. Applied for extension of my work permit under the new rules for the applicants who are experiencing PR delays.

Any advice on what can be done here? Thanks

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Now they are open. I did my last week. Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle border or the Saint Armand/Philipsburg border,
Thank you. Many people told me they stopped doing it from March 5 and I ended up submitting an application online--which makes it impossible to travel. I should have tried the border first. Which place did you go to specifically? Saint Armand/Philipsburg ?? Or Saint Bernard de Lacolle?

sahil05

Feb 14, 2019
Can you share your online account status ?
I haven't linked my paper application to the online account yet as it will remove the access for my lawyer to get updates. I check my status on the CIC "check application status" website. It says as below:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 27, 2019.
I have asked my lawyer as well and there are no updates to my application as of yet. Thanks

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
You should apply for GCMS notes to see what’s going on in your file. I am sharing the link :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
I haven't linked my paper application to the online account yet as it will remove the access for my lawyer to get updates. I check my status on the CIC "check application status" website. It says as below:

Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 27, 2019.
I have asked my lawyer as well and there are no updates to my application as of yet. Thanks

jbanjeet

Jan 22, 2021
Hello All,

I an in Federal Stage
Application Received: Feb 2021
Application processing started: March 2022
Biometric: March 2022

Please help me with these:
1. Will they ask me for Proof of Fund, if yes: how much
2. When they ask for passport, do i send it to the local VAF office or to Sydney office (i am outland)
3. When u finally get the PR, is there a set time within which i need to travel to Canada (what is the interval)

Last edited:

seeker11

Dec 8, 2021
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-01-2021
AOR Received.
08-12-2021
Here are the all stages.
  1. Background check: Not Applicable (NA1)
  2. Medical Passed (MEP)
  3. Background check IN Progress (IP1)
  4. Background check: Not Applicable (NA2) (this is when your eligibility is checked)
  5. Background check IN Progress (IP2)
  6. Background check: Not Applicable (NA3) (this stage won’t be seen by many applicants)
  7. PPR: passport request
  8. CoPR: confirmation of permanent resident

My background check shows "Not Applicable" at the moment.
Normally PPR should be the following step in less than a month.

But I think this won't be the case for my file because my eligibility and criminality completed 2 years ago - 03 March 2020.
These checks are only valid for 2 years (till March 2022), I am able to see their validity dates on my GCMS notes.

So, nothing happened in my file within this 2 years and validity of those checks are expired and the status changed from In progress to Not Applicable again (Backward)
  • (IP2 to NA2) instead of (IP2 to NA3)
Where do you see this status? I have linked my profile in CIC, under "Application Status and Messages" I see only "We are processing your application....."

sunkad

Mar 18, 2022
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you. Many people told me they stopped doing it from March 5 and I ended up submitting an application online--which makes it impossible to travel. I should have tried the border first. Which place did you go to specifically? Saint Armand/Philipsburg ?? Or Saint Bernard de Lacolle?
Welcome. I went to Saint Bernard de Lacolle. I would say get confirmation from authorize person.

Prestinharis

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019

Permanent Residence
Have you received medical yet?? Where are you from

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Where do you see this status? I have linked my profile in CIC, under "Application Status and Messages" I see only "We are processing your application....."
There are 2 places to check your application progress. Ecas is the short version where you can use your UCI to gain status. The longer form gckey/bank login is the official IRCC status with all of the detail. Make sure you have them both setup. If you’ve ever applied for a work permit on your own those will show up there as well. If a lawyer is handling your case, sometimes you can only access Ecas and they’ll have access to a lawyer portal that won’t be visible to you.

Reactions: seeker11