+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
Congrats James!

Where did you see it was approved, was it on the IRCC or PR portal ?

My pr portal remains "in review" while IRCC remains "submitted"
Thank you and sorry for the bit late reply,

I linked the PR Card application into the account that I used for applying Open work permit under public policy.

The Portal is kinda useless... it never updates even though I got my card.

So it will be better to link your pr card application through your ircc account to check the process.

Mine went in for the eligibility on March 10th and got final decision on same date... took around 7 weeks,

Reactions: anotherguy

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,

My daughter visit is going to expire in April and my work permit is valid unitl end of July 2022. I need to apply for my daughter visa she is only 6 years old Can I apply only for her or is there any possibility to get extension on any border near Montreal.

Your help is required I have no update after pre arrival.

Thanks

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Thank you and sorry for the bit late reply,

I linked the PR Card application into the account that I used for applying Open work permit under public policy.

The Portal is kinda useless... it never updates even though I got my card.

So it will be better to link your pr card application through your ircc account to check the process.

Mine went in for the eligibility on March 10th and got final decision on same date... took around 7 weeks,
Thanks! My IRCC still shows as submitted (facepalm)

I am wondering why does it take so long to print a plastic card.
They have to choose between creating cones for construction or printing the PR card....

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
thanks! Now start all the ramq, sin update process
Congrats there! I am doing the same right now, new SIN number got it the same day by going to Service Canada in person.

I have a question about RAMQ though, maybe @ValeriaS can help. I already have a RAMQ card (for my work permit), now with the PR we need to re-register? Is that just a telephone appointment? or do we need to apply for a new card, take a new picture, wait for 3 months to take effect, etc?
Please if someone can chime in to what to do with this, thank you guys.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Congrats there! I am doing the same right now, new SIN number got it the same day by going to Service Canada in person.

I have a question about RAMQ though, maybe @ValeriaS can help. I already have a RAMQ card (for my work permit), now with the PR we need to re-register? Is that just a telephone appointment? or do we need to apply for a new card, take a new picture, wait for 3 months to take effect, etc?
Please if someone can chime in to what to do with this, thank you guys.
I am in the same boat!
Yes, you need to re-register. I will have call with RAMQ on Thursday, I will write details here later.

Reactions: LOLR1

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Oh also, lots of banks now can give you bigger limit on CC.
For example, Tangerine didn’t allowed me to had CC with temporary SIN, but when I got permanent I requested CC again and I got one with pretty big limit.
The same with Scotiabank (I had CC with them, but with permanent SIN you can have higher limit, if you want).

Defaulter23

Feb 2, 2022
I managed to call IRCC last Friday to get the update on my file.
They told me everything is passed and only the background check is left. Hopefully that doesn't take much time.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
I managed to call IRCC last Friday to get the update on my file.
They told me everything is passed and only the background check is left. Hopefully that doesn't take much time.
Mine's been stuck on security since a month too, everything else is passed. I don't understand how difficult it is to run a simple record check.... Seen May 2021s getting their PR and 2019s, 2020s are still waiting. :D

Reactions: Defaulter23