+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
In an unrelated note, I didn't know you already got your eCoPR. Congrats there Anitsuga! Finally free.
I am waiting for second email right now, almost there.
Hey!! yes I did, I think I got too exited and the celebrations lasted a month.. so now I am here back reading the blog again!
So happy for you too! now waiting for the card so I can actually travel outside Canada

Reactions: LOLR1

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
When the Canada Service officer gave me a new SIN, she said I should fill up the 2021 return with the new SIN. Also, I should create an account for CRA with a new SIN. This account will have the same info about you, but with a new SIN there.

Yes, here you can read how to track cards: https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/
Mine is still in status "Submitted".
Thanks so much! I just linked the account and says submitted too!
Regarding the SIN, since I asked it online I had no insights haha. I tried to enter in my CRA account but itmarks an error, so I will try to call tomorrow (1 hour of waiting on the phone they had today....)
Thanks again!

Reactions: ValeriaS

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Which portal do you guys check to track PR card process/delivery status? Also, I have a question regarding RAMQ issuance. Tried to call them earlier after checking their website. I am not seeing any appointments I can book through Make a telephone appointment | Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) (gouv.qc.ca). My question is, if there are no available slots to book on their portal, how am I supposed to book an appointment? Is there an alternative method?
Regarding the RAMQ, the slots become available at 6. I found one as Valeria did waking up at 7 and grabbing my phone right away to get it.

Reactions: ValeriaS and LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I tried to call them 15 times since a week
By luck today at 11 am
Keep trying every day
I need to know why the transfer from office to office
Is this bad
I can't say for sure, as an example my file was initially in Sidney and at the end of the application I started receiving mails from IRCC Montreal, showing that at some point they transfer the file. I have seeing similar examples in this forum, it could mean your file is advancing, or that they have too many applications in one place and are trying to send work to other locations, but you may never know. In any case, I don't see how it will affect you negatively.

Last edited:

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Im inland and not on an accelerated pace. In fact, some others who just today received PR, had the exact same dates as me which I used to reference where I should be in the process. I hear you on the outlanders but even for inlanders I feel forgotten. Without a BOWP (waiting month 2 now) and no insight on my PR, I’m like a toxic job applicant. I have multiple offers but see my roles posted to the internet as open because citizens and PRs can start sooner. I decided not to flagpole for NAFTA just in case the WP was rejected further hurting my plight to PR, but sitting here not working and checking my email and IRCC/Ecas account every 5 minutes isn’t healthy. If I’d started this process outland, I’d at least be eligible to work in my home country (US). I can’t even open a web form to make this case because you need to be beyond the already ridiculous timeline which I’m not right now. It’s just a difficult time right now. Not giving any leeway to the delays but literally what more can we do?
Average processing time is 28 months as of today. How long are you waiting?

It has been a year since I have passed the average processing duration while others get their PRs within a year.

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I can't say for sure, as an example my file was initially in Sidney and at the end of the application I started receiving mails from IRCC Montreal, showing that at some point they transfer the file. I have seeing similar examples in this forum, it could mean your file is advancing, or that they have too many applications in one place and are trying to send work to other locations, but you may never know. In any case, I don't see how it will affect you negatively.
Congratulations friend
I happy for you
Can you tell me when did you see the transfer of your file to Montreal
I see you got positive response
This give me some hope
Can you tell me when the transfer happened to your file

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi my application was in MTL office- and it went fast. And I know two others applicants also from MTL office and they had a good experience too.
Congratulations Mbastos
Can you tell me you are (your file) before in Sydney NS and it transfered to Montreal and when please

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Congratulations friend
I happy for you
Can you tell me when did you see the transfer of your file to Montreal
I see you got positive response
This give me some hope
Can you tell me when the transfer happened to your file
Thank you :).

I went to my email to check but I can only find that I received a message from Sidney with my AOR in October last year, and the first message from Montreal came last week March 8 with the "Decision Made" email. I do not know exactly when the transfer was made between these two dates, as I was not notified of it. The rest of the messages came from "IRCC" or my IRCC account, without specifying exactly from which office.

Good luck and keep the hopes up.

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thank you :).

I went to my email to check but I can only find that I received a message from Sidney with my AOR in October last year, and the first message from Montreal came last week March 8 with the "Decision Made" email. I do not know exactly when the transfer was made between these two dates, as I was not notified of it. The rest of the messages came from "IRCC" or my IRCC account, without specifying exactly from which office.

Good luck and keep the hopes up.
Congratulations friend
And thank you

Mbastos

Dec 4, 2021
Congratulations Mbastos
Can you tell me you are (your file) before in Sydney NS and it transfered to Montreal and when please
Hi, I received first email on March 10. My AOR was Feb 2. I have no idea when they transferred my file. I just know because in the first email they signed as MTL office.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
When the Canada Service officer gave me a new SIN, she said I should fill up the 2021 return with the new SIN. Also, I should create an account for CRA with a new SIN. This account will have the same info about you, but with a new SIN there.

Yes, here you can read how to track cards: https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/
Mine is still in status "Submitted".
Thanks for sharing this link. Mine shows submitted as well. Do you know how long it takes for PR cards get issued?