+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
I have a strange question to ask, has anyone ever been exempt from providing a police report from a place?
I was required to submit a police report from a place I stayed for 2 years 10 years ago. This place is right now undergoing its worst covid surge with hundreds of people dying everyday. With their limited government function and their weird policy of only accepting request through appointment, and only issue the police report through mails, it looks like it will take me 4 months or so to get it. IRCC gave me a deadline in 2 months, but their earliest appointment is in 2 month. And they take 4 weeks to process the request then send a regular mail out to IRCC.... which takes probably a month or two to arrive...
For those who might ask, why didn't you have the police report ready before RICC asks? Well, this place only issues police report when you can provide them an official letter from IRCC.

Anyways, I find myself to be in this incredibly difficult situation and I wonder if there is any chance someone might say, oh well, it can be exempted in speical circumstances. Or like NO WAY, get your report even if it takes a year.
I don’t think you can be exempt. You can write to IRCC to ask to extend your deadline, this one they will probably allow due to circumstances, but I doubt they will exempt documents request.

Ajay26

Mar 3, 2021
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20/10/2021
Hello All,

I just received PPR request along with photos to issue VISA and CoPR
Its very quick after medicals,

MR : Feb 22 2022
Test Done : Mar 3rd 2022
MR Passed : 10th Mar 2022
PPR received on : 14th Mar 2022
You can refer my time lines, with chain of my updates

I think files are moving fast now, Good Luck all !
Congratulations

Reactions: Friend22

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello All,

Congratulations! This just proves though that there is no order to processing files. My medical was passed Feb 24 and still nada for what I believe to be a pretty easy application to process (inland 2 people with Canadian born kids not included on app). All our timelines simultaneously give me hope and make me . LOL.

HelloBonjour

Dec 3, 2021
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2021
Nomination.....
17-11-2021
Hello All,

Many congratulations!

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
1. SIN - it’s a service canada, so they will know about PR after you apply for SIN. Also SC sends new SIN to CRA, so you don’t need to notify CRA, but you need to create new account with new SIN and also submit taxes with new SIN.
Also you need to notify bank (Scotiabank said I should do it directly in branch) and your employer.
RAMQ.
Retraite Québec I am not sure, I never communicated with them before. My employer maybe send taxes there, but I never had account or so thing like that.
2. No, cards will be send automatically. You can track them too on the CIC account. Just link new application like for PR, but for PR cards and you will be able to track progress.
I read some of the comments you made about the SIN and the CRA. I did ask for new SIN and received it. I file my taxes with an accountant, and I passed him my old SIN, since it is "last years taxes haha". You think I should do the new account, and send him my new SIN?

Also, you said that you were checking the PR card process somewhere.. is there a way to know when we will receive it?
I found an IRCC website about "applying for the first PR card" and now I got really confused. But I guess it is an old thing

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I read some of the comments you made about the SIN and the CRA. I did ask for new SIN and received it. I file my taxes with an accountant, and I passed him my old SIN, since it is "last years taxes haha". You think I should do the new account, and send him my new SIN?

Also, you said that you were checking the PR card process somewhere.. is there a way to know when we will receive it?
I found an IRCC website about "applying for the first PR card" and now I got really confused. But I guess it is an old thing
In an unrelated note, I didn't know you already got your eCoPR. Congrats there Anitsuga! Finally free.
I am waiting for second email right now, almost there.

rafiqandafshan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/04/2014
My spouse and I had medical done in October 2021. I had a baby born last year so I applied for her permanent residency and medical done in February 2022. Now Federal is requesting CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion) for my daughter. Can anyone please advise me what documents, or a form and fees needed to be submitted?

Can someone help me in my above case.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec

When the Canada Service officer gave me a new SIN, she said I should fill up the 2021 return with the new SIN. Also, I should create an account for CRA with a new SIN. This account will have the same info about you, but with a new SIN there.

Yes, here you can read how to track cards: https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/
Mine is still in status "Submitted".

Reactions: CAImmNotifyMe

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Which portal do you guys check to track PR card process/delivery status? Also, I have a question regarding RAMQ issuance. Tried to call them earlier after checking their website. I am not seeing any appointments I can book through Make a telephone appointment | Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) (gouv.qc.ca). My question is, if there are no available slots to book on their portal, how am I supposed to book an appointment? Is there an alternative method?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Which portal do you guys check to track PR card process/delivery status? Also, I have a question regarding RAMQ issuance. Tried to call them earlier after checking their website. I am not seeing any appointments I can book through Make a telephone appointment | Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) (gouv.qc.ca). My question is, if there are no available slots to book on their portal, how am I supposed to book an appointment? Is there an alternative method?
I booked appointment today, but I wake up early morning because of my cat. I woke up at 6:00 am and it was full day of appointments on March 28th. There was free appointments till 8:20am, after that everything was taken.

For PR cards CIC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

I added link few messages above how to track card.