+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Hi, I am renewing my work permit and waiting for my PR at the same time. It occurs to me that while my WP is being renewed(can take up to 100 days) I won't have a valid SIN, which as a few of you here explained is ok. But what about my health insurance? Can I extend my ramq without having obetained my WP and SIN?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hi, I am renewing my work permit and waiting for my PR at the same time. It occurs to me that while my WP is being renewed(can take up to 100 days) I won't have a valid SIN, which as a few of you here explained is ok. But what about my health insurance? Can I extend my ramq without having obetained my WP and SIN?
Call RAMQ and tell them that your WP in progress. Your card will be valid until you get new WP.

NAF_star20

Feb 19, 2022
Call RAMQ and they send u forms. When u recieve them send ur WP confirmation with forms they send u. In 14-20 days u recieve a temp ramq card to use

Reactions: 00iris00

rafiqandafshan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/04/2014
My spouse and I had medical done in October 2021. I had a baby born last year so I applied for her permanent residency and medical done in February 2022. Now Federal is requesting CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion) for my daughter. Can anyone please advise me what documents, or a form and fees needed to be submitted?

Last edited:

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Is there any news from outland friends?

I am officially in my 39th month since my file is delivered to IRCC office - 1161 days to be exact.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Oh also, for everyone who will try to create a new CRA account (and we need to do it with a new SIN).
I got an error 210 and I called CRA, and I waited for 1h on the line to get a response: between SIN reception and the ability to create a new CRA account around a week should pass, because CRA and Service Canada exchange info between each other.

I just don't want you to waste your time on CRA line in case you will face the same error :)
If you need to create a new CRA account, I assume you also need to create a new Revenu Quebec with your new SIN number.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
If you need to create a new CRA account, I assume you also need to create a new Revenu Quebec with your new SIN number.
I don’t think so, I read on their website that if you change your SIN, you need to submit taxes with new SIN and add a note that your SIN was changed.
I think maybe after that you will be able to login to your profile with new SIN.

Reactions: LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I don’t think so, I read on their website that if you change your SIN, you need to submit taxes with new SIN and add a note that your SIN was changed.
I think maybe after that you will be able to login to your profile with new SIN.
Good to know, so after eCoRP what else do we have to update?

SIN, then CRA, Service Canada, RAMQ, Bank accounts(inform new SIN and permanent status), Retraite Quebec. Anything else I am missing?

Ah Valeria, after obtaining eCoRP. Is it necessary to apply for the PR card or that is automatically done and we just wait for it? this was unclear as some documents say they will send the card "2 weeks after" the ecorp is received, which seems fishy.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Good to know, so after eCoRP what else do we have to update?

SIN, then CRA, Service Canada, RAMQ, Bank accounts(inform new SIN and permanent status), Retraite Quebec. Anything else I am missing?

Ah Valeria, after obtaining eCoRP. Is it necessary to apply for the PR card or that is automatically done and we just wait for it? this was unclear as some documents say they will send the card "2 weeks after" the ecorp is received, which seems fishy.
1. SIN - it’s a service canada, so they will know about PR after you apply for SIN. Also SC sends new SIN to CRA, so you don’t need to notify CRA, but you need to create new account with new SIN and also submit taxes with new SIN.
Also you need to notify bank (Scotiabank said I should do it directly in branch) and your employer.
RAMQ.
Retraite Québec I am not sure, I never communicated with them before. My employer maybe send taxes there, but I never had account or so thing like that.
2. No, cards will be send automatically. You can track them too on the CIC account. Just link new application like for PR, but for PR cards and you will be able to track progress.

Reactions: LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
1. SIN - it’s a service canada, so they will know about PR after you apply for SIN. Also SC sends new SIN to CRA, so you don’t need to notify CRA, but you need to create new account with new SIN and also submit taxes with new SIN.
Also you need to notify bank (Scotiabank said I should do it directly in branch) and your employer.
RAMQ.
Retraite Québec I am not sure, I never communicated with them before. My employer maybe send taxes there, but I never had account or so thing like that.
2. No, cards will be send automatically. You can track them too on the CIC account. Just link new application like for PR, but for PR cards and you will be able to track progress.
As always, you are really helpful Valeria. Thank you.
Cheers

Reactions: ValeriaS

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
I have a strange question to ask, has anyone ever been exempt from providing a police report from a place?
I was required to submit a police report from a place I stayed for 2 years 10 years ago. This place is right now undergoing its worst covid surge with hundreds of people dying everyday. With their limited government function and their weird policy of only accepting request through appointment, and only issue the police report through mails, it looks like it will take me 4 months or so to get it. IRCC gave me a deadline in 2 months, but their earliest appointment is in 2 month. And they take 4 weeks to process the request then send a regular mail out to IRCC.... which takes probably a month or two to arrive...
For those who might ask, why didn't you have the police report ready before RICC asks? Well, this place only issues police report when you can provide them an official letter from IRCC.

Anyways, I find myself to be in this incredibly difficult situation and I wonder if there is any chance someone might say, oh well, it can be exempted in speical circumstances. Or like NO WAY, get your report even if it takes a year.

Reactions: Sarahqsw

Friend22

Feb 22, 2022
Hello All,

I have sent requested documents on 25th Feb 2022 and completed Medicals on 3rd Mar 2022 and I see its updated as Passed on 10th Mar 2022.
Still it shows : The additional documents you provided have been uploaded

Some one please advise , what is going on ? Thank you in advance
Hello All,

I just received PPR request along with photos to issue VISA and CoPR
Its very quick after medicals,

MR : Feb 22 2022
Test Done : Mar 3rd 2022
MR Passed : 10th Mar 2022
PPR received on : 14th Mar 2022
You can refer my time lines, with chain of my updates

I think files are moving fast now, Good Luck all !