+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
This year i can see the stagnation
As those who got AOR between May to September 2016 they get their eligibility and Medical done in time but after MIDI start the french Issue IRCC stop everything they stop processing the old file plus the new file but the good thing for those who apply between May to Sept that their Eligibility and medical was already done but to those who apply at the end of 2016 for long time IRCC didn't even ouch their file ( I am talking about PEQ applicants specifically)
I am at 11 months 2 weeks no MR so far, they doing my Criminal since March

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
As those who got AOR between May to September 2016 they get their eligibility and Medical done in time but after MIDI start the french Issue IRCC stop everything they stop processing the old file plus the new file but the good thing for those who apply between May to Sept that their Eligibility and medical was already done but to those who apply at the end of 2016 for long time IRCC didn't even ouch their file ( I am talking about PEQ applicants specifically)
""but to those who apply at the end of 2016 for long time IRCC didn't even ouch their file"> this is observed for even regular applicants ...they might be scrutinizing files ...

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
""but to those who apply at the end of 2016 for long time IRCC didn't even ouch their file"> this is observed for even regular applicants ...they might be scrutinizing files ...
You are right, I guess when MIDI start the French Issue CIC officer take advantage of it and didn't even bother to process unless MIDI finally come to the conclusion.

Last edited:

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hey my friend this is not quite true. A bunch of us applying through regular program at mid-end oct still have our criminality check going :/

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
You are right, I guess when MIDI start the French Issue CIC officer take advantage of it and didn't even bother to process unless MIDI finally come to the conclusion. Paid no working days.
Your argument might be valid , as i am not- sure isn't there way to distinguish "CSQ" issued for PEQ or for skilled worker? as on GCMS i can see it has filled called ""SW1 -QC"...

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hey my friend this is not quite true. A bunch of us applying through regular program at mid-end oct still have our criminality check going :/
Yeah that's the question here don't they have way to figure out from CSQ whether it is issued for PEQ program or skilled worker ... if they have clear to distinguish this then its CIC who is not looking at files ..

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Your argument might be valid , as i am not- sure isn't there way to distinguish "CSQ" issued for PEQ or for skilled worker? as on GCMS i can see it has filled called ""SW1 -QC"...
There is. If you apply through PEQ, There would be a F (if my memory serves right) on your CSQ indicating french, while for regular, there is a NF indicating non french. Although I'm not sure what marks they have for those who applied through regular program but also submitted french proficiency...

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
There is. If you apply through PEQ, There would be a F (if my memory serves right) on your CSQ indicating french, while for regular, there is a NF indicating non french. Although I'm not sure what marks they have for those who applied through regular program but also submitted french proficiency...
But this at least could help CIC to distinguish those through regular program without french right

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
But this at least could help CIC to distinguish those through regular program without french right
Yeah if they have means to distinguish then there shouldn't be reason as mentioned above for delays

Last edited:

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Yeah if they have means to distinguish then there shouldn't be reason as mentioned above for delays for delaying...
True. What I'm worried about is that there might be some delay for the third-party process (for example there is some problem between the agency doing the criminality check and CIC etc.).. Don't know if this can happen or not...

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
what do you mean MIDI started french issue? Is there going to be a problem obtaining PR for people who obtained CSQ with having NF regardless of PEQ or REG? pls elaborate.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
My theory is that there has been someone not very knowledgeable working with mid-end October 2016 applications, who has placed them in the QC-Inventory file by accident (at least that is where mine is, and apparently many others too). Almost everyone else has had their file in QC-Pending according to GCMS notes, and people here were pretty surprised that my file was still in Inventory at the end of September... And by the way, still in October.
Edit. I have ordered my third set of GCMS and I'm pretty sure I can still confirm the same thing, that my file is not pending but is in the inventory (it'll be 13 months since my application in about a week).

Reactions: csparrow and devmtl