+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

iamblue

Mar 11, 2017
I've seen a few people here saying that the inland applications were delayed. Can anyone tell me more about that?

I forgot to sign two forms in April so I sent my package again in July while I was back in my hometown for a while. The office should have received my package in early August but the office hasn't sent me a message to confirm that they have started reviewing my application. I included everything expect the medical exam result.

I am very worried that they didn't have my application. The postmen in my hometown didn't know that the normal registered mail service doesn't work in Canada (which costed me $9 CAD). Only the most expensive express service (which would have costed me $40 CAD) can track the mails after arriving in Canada. So all I know is that on July 15 my package crossed the border. :(:(:(

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
@mriekje, I got my VOG by sending the CIC web site screenshot page that explain about the required police certificate along with the letter of medical request from CIC. That worked for me. And of course, you need to provide other necessary documents passport copy, payment, VOG form etc...
Nice, thanks. I don’t have my MR yet but I’ll give it a shot when I’m there. Who knows ;)

hello1992

Nov 2, 2017
I submitted my PR through the PEQ program back in October 2016 and received my AOR in February 2017. I had to ask CIC to send me my Medical request forms in May, since i never received them when they sent them initially. I ordered my GCMS notes in May 2017 and my Criminality check was the only thing in progress. 12 months into my application process and i have ordered my second set of notes and it seems like nothing has changed. The only updates are that I passed my medical, but my Criminality check is still in progress and both security or eligibility haven't been started.. Anyone in a similar situation ?

LeonChou

Oct 25, 2017
I submitted my PR through the PEQ program back in October 2016 and received my AOR in February 2017. I had to ask CIC to send me my Medical request forms in May, since i never received them when they sent them initially. I ordered my GCMS notes in May 2017 and my Criminality check was the only thing in progress. 12 months into my application process and i have ordered my second set of notes and it seems like nothing has changed. The only updates are that I passed my medical, but my Criminality check is still in progress and both security or eligibility haven't been started.. Anyone in a similar situation ?
Hi no worry. What does your GCKey status display? Do you see "We are processing your background check...?

Jen2Can

Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!! Could someone please help me with this.....our fed application was received on 29th Dec, 2016. We filed for our baby's CSQ in March 2017. Any idea on how long it takes to receive child's CSQ? And will my DM/PPR be delayed coz of this? Need some clearance on this...please help

app_16

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
1/12/2016
Hi everyone!! Could someone please help me with this.....our fed application was received on 29th Dec, 2016. We filed for our baby's CSQ in March 2017. Any idea on how long it takes to receive child's CSQ? And will my DM/PPR be delayed coz of this? Need some clearance on this...please help
@Jen2Can, I applied my baby's CSQ on April 2017 and got on October 20. I suggest you to call them coz when I call them on first week of October they said me that they are clearing April CSQ applicants.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I received my second GCMS notes. They are exactly the same as previous ones, so nothing happened.... they didn't even record the RPRF payment I did.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I received my second GCMS notes. They are exactly the same as previous ones, so nothing happened.... they didn't even record the RPRF payment I did.
I will suggest reach out to your MP ... when MP's call usually program director's have to reply on case ..which may help so that someone look at your case..

Last edited:

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018

strider07

Sep 29, 2017
Hi everyone,
I hope someone on this forum can answer this question: if you get married while your application is in federal stage (after CSQ), and you want to add your spouse as non-accompanying, do you still need to send your CSQ back and get a new one? I have got really confusing information from MIDI about this.

Here is my case: I got married and my wife wants to study in Canada, so she has already applied for her study permit. She has an admit from McGill so we don't think it will be a problem. I have sent information about her to NDVO (marriage certificate, her passport etc.) and added her as non-accompanying spouse to my federal application. But when I called MIDI, they just told me that unless she is being added as accompanying spouse, there is no need for any additional documents, nor do I have to return my CSQ. But when I emailed them (because I wanted to have something in writing), I just got a stock answer saying you need a new CSQ for accompanying spouse.

Has anyone here (or if you know someone) added a non-accompanying spouse to their PR application?
Thanks a lot for your help!