+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Can I extend my current pgwp or apply for a new work permit if i could not get pr process finalized before the expiry date of pgwp? if yes, when would be a good time to apply for? like 3 months in advance? Thanks
Yes you can if you have a valid job offer. You are exempt from LMIA because you hold a CSQ. They recommend to apply 30 days in advance, but currently the processing time is about 75 days. However, if you apply before it expires and you don't get it renewed before it does, you'll be on implied status and you can keep working according to the conditions of your old permit until the new one gets approved. The new one will be a closed work permit.

If you can apply 3 months in advance I'd say do it. But I've done it in the past a day before it expired... So if you want to wait a bit to see if you get PR...

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just now, I tried to contact the CIC. I chose the Quebec immigration 5 times. They always said too busy......I have no method but to choose the CEC immigration. They directly put me on the waiting ......... :D:D:D:D Maybe ... don't like us...

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Just now, I tried to contact the CIC. I chose the Quebec immigration 5 times. They always said too busy......I have no method but to choose the CEC immigration. They directly put me on the waiting ......... :D:D:D:D Maybe ... don't like us...
Maybe... But when I called for my work permit I had to call 17 times before I was put through (to go on hold for 38 minutes...). And I tried both English and French, same thing...

KTPU

Mar 22, 2017
Maybe... But when I called for my work permit I had to call 17 times before I was put through (to go on hold for 38 minutes...). And I tried both English and French, same thing...
Hey@mkrieje
I guess you have not received your MR yet.. We are just 2 days apart with AOR..
Anxious.

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Hey@mkrieje
I guess you have not received your MR yet.. We are just 2 days apart with AOR..
Anxious.
No, I haven't. It's been ridiculously quiet...no one got MR for the last 3 months....
But I got my new CSQ...which CIC must have requested...which means they have done something with my file.... right... stay positive.....

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Yes you can if you have a valid job offer. You are exempt from LMIA because you hold a CSQ. They recommend to apply 30 days in advance, but currently the processing time is about 75 days. However, if you apply before it expires and you don't get it renewed before it does, you'll be on implied status and you can keep working according to the conditions of your old permit until the new one gets approved. The new one will be a closed work permit.

If you can apply 3 months in advance I'd say do it. But I've done it in the past a day before it expired... So if you want to wait a bit to see if you get PR...
what if I have no job offer and my Post graduate work permit get expired while waiting for this PR background check?
(because many employers ask before hand if you have valid work permit or not)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
what if I have no job offer and my Post graduate work permit get expired while waiting for this PR background check?
When does your PGWP expire? Cause right now you can get a job with that. Then, you can extend/renew it through the new employer after you’ve started. You don’t have to renew before you start the new job, because your current work permit is open. So if they ask if you have a valid permit the answer is yes. And renewing will cost the employer 230$ to pay for doing the online job offer at CIC employer portal.

Reactions: telegram

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I guess visitor visa then. Some lucky people got an open work permit or bridging open work permit, but as you will find, by the book QSWP applicants are not eligible for them... but some were able to confuse the officer or whatever happened... Try if you want, maybe you'll be lucky too! But the official answer is that CSQ holders can only get employer-specific work permits as LMIA exempt , and therefore you need a job offer. It sucks.

Edit. Unless you can do what mriekje told you to do!

Reactions: telegram

app_16

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
1/12/2016
Dear all,

I am new in this forum. Application received by CIC on 1 Dec 2016, AOR in February and medical passed in April. But background check not started. My question is that can I send VOG (PCC from Netherlands) without asking by CIC? The VOG I got from The Netherlands by using screenshot of CIC page. Any one in the same boat? Your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Dear all,

I am new in this forum. Application received by CIC on 1 Dec 2016, AOR in February and medical passed in April. But background check not started. My question is that can I send VOG (PCC from Netherlands) without asking by CIC? The VOG I got from The Netherlands by using screenshot of CIC page. Any one in the same boat? Your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
A couple of months later and no MR yet, but yeah also waiting for CIC to request the VOG. I had looked at the form, but they actually have to answer some questions on there. I’m going home for a visit next week and will be close to Den Haag though, so maybe I’ll just go ask. I remember back in 2005 for my study permit it took about 20 min to get it at Delft city hall....

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Dear all,

Thank you.
But wait, you already got yours? Interesting. Please tell me how you went about that.

app_16

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
1/12/2016
But wait, you already got yours? Interesting. Please tell me how you went about that.
@mriekje, I got my VOG by sending the CIC web site screenshot page that explain about the required police certificate along with the letter of medical request from CIC. That worked for me. And of course, you need to provide other necessary documents passport copy, payment, VOG form etc...

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Thanks for the good Wishes.

A few minute ago I got an update in my CIC account about "Invitation to Pre-arrival services".

It seems things are moving forward.
Congrats for your ppr / copr

Your process took exactly 13months

Last edited: