+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi All

received my UCI in email from CIC NovaSCotia office which i believe is my A.O.R
My visa office will NewDelhi, India .Does Anyone know when will be Medicals & RPRF request coming through .

File Opened :Dec 2011
CSQ :Aug 2015
A.O.R for file : NOv 27 2015

Regards
Vinayak

D

David83

subtain said:
That's a very valid question. Logic suggests the following:

1 - To process 25000 refugee cases by February 2016, CIC needs trained personnel. They probably wont employ too many new officers because that will take too much time to ramp up and learn. So either they have called back retired CIC officers or have shifted current officers to process refugee cases. Considering the load, my bet is they utilized all 3 alternatives mentioned above.

2 - CIC relies on government and third party private organizations for screening, security/background & medical checks. Having to do 25000 more applications (on priority - before February 2016), on top of an already burdened schedule will surely cause immense delays from this end. I doubt private organizations will increase their staff on short term to meet CIC needs. Closest they will do is the same as part 1, which again doesn't help our case.

3 - They need more money. A lot of money to get this done. Its not a surprise, they asked for RPRF fee from many applicants a few weeks back. Even from those applicants who just received their AOR. ("rjml123" is one of examples)

To summarize, I thing they really are focusing just on the refugees for now. They most definitely should, but I do hope they hire more Visa officers and train them so our applications can be processed along as well.
I think what you wrote makes sense, and I truly sympathize with the refugees who are fleeing war and death, but don't you think it is legitimate, if it is the case that our applications will be deferred because of this, to feel that this is not fair for us who have been waiting for so long and sacrificed so much to get our PR? I think the procedures to get the PR and what is beyond that is already a pain in the neck without the refugees issue.

swarna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
14 Dec 2015
Med's Request
30 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
6 Feb 2016 and RPRF paid on 03 Mar 2016
Passport Req..
Awaiting.....
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting.....
LANDED..........
Awaiting.....
Hello All
Need suggestions for my status.

I am on close workpermit and my job is ending in Dec 2015 in Canada, so I ahve to return back to my country.
I have CSQ, applied for the PR and awaiting the AOR.
My Workpermit and visa is expiring in Apr 2016.

Is it easy to get the new workpemit if i find the new job.
I mean how long it takes to get the new workpermit, since the employer dont want wait for long time ( 3 to 4 months ) to join the company.

Any one knows how to get the new workpermit in shortime.

please suggest me.

Thanks

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
swarna said:
Hello All

I am on close workpermit and my job is ending in Dec 2015 in Canada, so I ahve to return back to my country.

I mean how long it takes to get the new workpermit, since the employer dont want wait for long time ( 3 to 4 months ) to join the company.

please suggest me.

Thanks
Hi
Processing time for inland work permit is 3 months, I don't think there is a way to get it faster unless CIC speed up processing applications in a faster pace like 2 years ago it took 40 days for my work permit renewal now it is taking 3 months.
What i suggest is to apply a s a p if your employer can wait, if not , just extend your TRV so you won't be out of status after April 2016 (( unless you want to go back to your country then do your landing once your PR is approved)) ..
I hope i was helpful , i am in the same situation and i could not find an employer who can wait 3 months for work permit, so i extended my temporary permit while waiting for PR, expected to be finalized in 2 months .

Good luck

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
csvinayak said:
Hi All

My visa office will NewDelhi, India .Does Anyone know when will be Medicals & RPRF request coming through .

Regards
Vinayak
Congrats Vinayak, hope u will get your medical very soon.

quebec100

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swarna said:
Hello All

please suggest me.

Thanks
If u have applied PR and u have AOR number u can get bridging open work permit till u dont get PR. Check on internet u will find how to do that. And u dont need an employer for that.

amrsoudy

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csvinayak said:
Hi All

Regards
Vinayak

congratulation bro

can you tell me when did you sent you file to fedral (when they received it ?)?

adones07

Nov 29, 2015
Good day everyone. my name is adones an applicant for Quibec skilled worker. i already sent all my documents required by the said program a year form now. and i already recieved a letter from Montreal, Quibec last September 2,2014 that said they already received my documents and i will just wait to any informationa and updates. But until I dont received any news in my application and now i am worried maybe my dreams in working and living in Canada is gone.

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
quebec100 said:
If u have applied PR and u have AOR number u can get bridging open work permit till u dont get PR. Check on internet u will find how to do that. And u dont need an employer for that.
Bridging open work permit is not workable for Quebec , I had the same situation and I checked with CIC and they said the only option for QSW is to apply for closed work permit with specific employer,,

these are the conditions for bridging open work permit ((QSW not listed)):
the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
the Canadian experience class (CEC);
the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
the provincial nominee class (PNC) (with the exclusion of nominees identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luc22 said:
Bridging open work permit is not workable for Quebec , I had the same situation and I checked with CIC and they said the only option for QSW is to apply for closed work permit with specific employer,,

these are the conditions for bridging open work permit ((QSW not listed)):
the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
the Canadian experience class (CEC);
the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
the provincial nominee class (PNC) (with the exclusion of nominees identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination).
There *are* some options for a CSQ holder to get an OWP:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
Lammawitch said:
There *are* some options for a CSQ holder to get an OWP:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html
Hi Lammawitch
Exemption to get LMO, but not to get OPEN WORK PERMIT , you still need a job offer unlike other provinces / categories where you are eligible for Open work permit after AOR (without an job offer).
I had the same case and CSQ helped me in the LMO exemption only.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luc22 said:
Hi Lammawitch
Exemption to get LMO, but not to get OPEN WORK PERMIT , you still need a job offer unlike other provinces / categories where you are eligible for Open work permit after AOR (without an job offer).
I had the same case and CSQ helped me in the LMO exemption only.
I was referring to this post:
swarna said:
Hello All

please suggest me.

Thanks
I should have been more specific, sorry.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
Hey guys.....what's the email address for cic Nova Scotia if I would like to email and query file?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanarf said:
Hey guys.....what's the email address for cic Nova Scotia if I would like to email and query file?
You can send a CSE:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

stujen

Jun 5, 2013
Hi subtain
thank you for the detailed post.As ,you are right about the landing fee payment.Because i too got immediate mail after AOR to pay the landing fee and RPRF.