+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Hi,
Yes, you and I are on the same boat, same AOR and same MR. However, CIC contacted me mid of Feb. to send them my CV.
Honestly, I have no idea what is going on and when we would receive our DM. The only thing I know is that my application got stuck at background check stage and the new deadline is end of September.
I have been in Canada since "2008" and got my Master's and PhD degrees and also worked as a postdoc and still am waiting for my permanent residence of Canada. I cannot even apply for jobs, as almost all of employers normally ask me about my status in Canada at first and my eligibility to work in Canada.
I got 8 month visitor permit starting from Jan. 2017, as I thought I probably would receive my PR by the end of July. However, due to the long processing time, I have lately extended my visitor permit 6 months more again.
I have not called CIC regarding my application yet. Do you think calling CIC would influence the processing time of our application?
Best,
Amir
Hi @Amir-IR
Your situation is more critical than me, it is not bad idea to call the CIC and discuss what may cause a delay in your file. OR you can also submit an inquiry through the webform of the CIC. I thought someone like you with master and PhD from Canadian institution can have their PR easier and faster, but apparently it is not like that. What makes you think you were stuck in the background check stage, didnt you provided the police certificates as requested?
For me, I still didnt reach to background check, but I'm waiting for CIC to request the police certificate as I didnt submit them from the beginning, hope this will not delay my application. I was thinking to call them to see if I can submit the police certificate before they ask for it, or I should get a cover letter form them, hope I can get an answer.

Regards.
Ahmed

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
I got 8 month visitor permit starting from January and have recently applied for 6 months more, as my visitor permit would expire by the end of August.
This is weird to me. I believe you can work under implied status until you receive your work permit. It happened to me when I was doing my postdoc at university and HR and department gave me a permission to work in the lab under implied status.
@Amir-IR
You are right, only if you continue under the same title and same position ( I mean as post Doc) so you can work under implied status. but for me I changed my title from Post-Doc to associate and the later is different, so they refused to allow me working before receiving the WP.

Reactions: Amir-IR

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi,
Yes, you and I are on the same boat, same AOR and same MR. However, CIC contacted me mid of Feb. to send them my CV.
Honestly, I have no idea what is going on and when we would receive our DM. The only thing I know is that my application got stuck at background check stage and the new deadline is end of September.
I have been in Canada since "2008" and got my Master's and PhD degrees and also worked as a postdoc and still am waiting for my permanent residence of Canada. I cannot even apply for jobs, as almost all of employers normally ask me about my status in Canada at first and my eligibility to work in Canada.
I got 8 month visitor permit starting from Jan. 2017, as I thought I probably would receive my PR by the end of July. However, due to the long processing time, I have lately extended my visitor permit 6 months more again.
I have not called CIC regarding my application yet. Do you think calling CIC would influence the processing time of our application?
Best,
Amir
I would strongly suggest that you call CIC ASAP to see what is going on and if there is any ETA on the application as it already passes the 13 months threshold. No matter it will directly facilitate the process or not, this is the only thing I can think of that we can do to let them know that we're still out here waiting for their processes. After all, at least we've tried everything we can, and we will have no regrets in terms of trying everything to facilitate the long waiting process...

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Hi @Amir-IR
Your situation is more critical than me, it is not bad idea to call the CIC and discuss what may cause a delay in your file. OR you can also submit an inquiry through the webform of the CIC. I thought someone like you with master and PhD from Canadian institution can have their PR easier and faster, but apparently it is not like that. What makes you think you were stuck in the background check stage, didnt you provided the police certificates as requested?
For me, I still didnt reach to background check, but I'm waiting for CIC to request the police certificate as I didnt submit them from the beginning, hope this will not delay my application. I was thinking to call them to see if I can submit the police certificate before they ask for it, or I should get a cover letter form them, hope I can get an answer.

Regards.
Ahmed
Thanks for your suggestion. I will call them today and talk to them about my critical situation.
I found out from my GCMS note. If you submit your request for the first GCMS note, you will receive it in a month. However, for the second GCMS, it will take only two weeks to be prepared.
Generally, background check contains two processes:
-Criminal check process (police certificate, RCMP report, Interpol report and ....)
-Security check process
From my recent GCMS note, I realized that my criminal check has been passed and IRCC has been working on my security check since May 2017, which is the last stage.
I hope everything goes well and receive our PR soon.

All the best,
Amir

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
@Amir-IR
You are right, only if you continue under the same title and same position ( I mean as post Doc) so you can work under implied status. but for me I changed my title from Post-Doc to associate and the later is different, so they refused to allow me working before receiving the WP.
You are totally right, I thought you would work under the same position. Sorry to hear that...Hope everything goes well with your application and receive your PR soon...

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
I would strongly suggest that you call CIC ASAP to see what is going on and if there is any ETA on the application as it already passes the 13 months threshold. No matter it will directly facilitate the process or not, this is the only thing I can think of that we can do to let them know that we're still out here waiting for their processes. After all, at least we've tried everything we can, and we will have no regrets in terms of trying everything to facilitate the long waiting process...
Sure, I will call them today and speak to an agent about this matter. We can also prepare a letter explaining our situation and send it to a local MP in Montreal. This might help the processing of our application.
Have a great night,
Amir

Last edited:

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Hi guys,
Below is my Federal stage timeline; and I have a question as well.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on July 25, 2017.
In the same AoR confirmation they asked me to pay RPRF, I tried to pay, I received a receipt confirmation from CIC website in my email as well. But when I check my card balance they did not deducted the amount of $ 490 CAN, could anyone advise if is normal for all or it happened to me only?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Thanks for your suggestion. I will call them today and talk to them about my critical situation.
I found out from my GCMS note. If you submit your request for the first GCMS note, you will receive it in a month. However, for the second GCMS, it will take only two weeks to be prepared.
Generally, background check contains two processes:
-Criminal check process (police certificate, RCMP report, Interpol report and ....)
-Security check process
From my recent GCMS note, I realized that my criminal check has been passed and IRCC has been working on my security check since May 2017, which is the last stage.
I hope everything goes well and receive our PR soon.

All the best,
Amir
You can also reach out to CSICS for security ... to check if it is done or not from their end ...

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Hi guys,
Below is my Federal stage timeline; and I have a question as well.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on July 25, 2017.
In the same AoR confirmation they asked me to pay RPRF, I tried to pay, I received a receipt confirmation from CIC website in my email as well. But when I check my card balance they did not deducted the amount of $ 490 CAN, could anyone advise if is normal for all or it happened to me only?
I would call bank in this case to see if it reflects on your card statement, looks like a glitch, but if you have reciept, it is a confirmation that CIC has received the payment.
But Make sure it is linked with your profile.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi Guys...
I got this reply from CIC...
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office. Rest assured that they will communicate with you if further information is required.

Since your file is currently located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

· Submit a withdrawal request, if applicable,
· Report important changes,
· Provide documents,
· Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
· Enquire on an outcome to a request.

Any idea that what it could be??..
Thanks in Advance

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I filled & send a web form inquiring about my case as i am in my 15th month of processing & haven't received neither PPR, nor DM yet

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Hello Guys,

A quick update.
I got an email for passport request on 27th July and I will be sending it today.
Strange thing: Nothing got changed on my status on CIC portal.
@Macarad You might be getting some news soon.

Good Luck to all.
Congratulation!

Reactions: HereforPR

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hello Guys,

A quick update.
I got an email for passport request on 27th July and I will be sending it today.
Strange thing: Nothing got changed on my status on CIC portal.
@Macarad You might be getting some news soon.

Good Luck to all.
Congrats

Reactions: HereforPR

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi Guys...
I got this reply from CIC...
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office. Rest assured that they will communicate with you if further information is required.

Since your file is currently located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

· Submit a withdrawal request, if applicable,
· Report important changes,
· Provide documents,
· Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
· Enquire on an outcome to a request.

Any idea that what it could be??..
Thanks in Advance
Ottawa is saying that your file is with NDVO and you should contact them directly for information.

Reactions: patel_sanket_1