+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

raja06042016

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
tathspts said:
When was your file received by them?, as 13 months period is counted from the time they received your file, I confirmed that with them over the phone. because I know few Inland Applicants with who's file was received in April still waiting for decision and few I know this forum waiting who had their file received in March.

BTW correction, my AOR date is in July, 2nd May was my file receipt date.
Still your BG check says Not Applicable ?

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
raja06042016 said:
Still your BG check says Not Applicable ?
yes it still says not applicable, how about you?

I think this is a step forward after in review status, as few people commented here today saying their background status changed to not applicable.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
tathspts said:
My work permit expires at 30th June and my AOR was on 2nd May 2016. So I am hoping to receive my PR before my work permit expires. But I am preparing for WP extension just in case and will do it by May of this year.

You mentioned your friend did it at border, I also heard the similar situation with someone else and learned it is very easy to do it on border.

I want to ask, did your friend pay that fee or his employer did? also did his employer do that offer letter from the portal for him? Did your friend have to fill any form or just proof of fee paid and CSQ was enough?

This offer letter from portal is something new to me and I am not sure if my employer will be willing to do that as well or not and I also heard that at border all they care about is if you have a valid job offer and you fee is paid.

Correct me if I am wrong though.
So my friend he asked a lawyer to instruct him to work with his employer to do the stuff, not sure about the exact procedures...not sure about the portal stuff either...but for sure, the system at the border cares only about the Job Offer and the Compliance Fee...

But sounds like he would get a Number after his employer paid the Compliance Fee; then he went to the Border with Employment Verification, the Number and CSQ, and boom he got his new closed WP extended for another two years; I have nearly all the exact same materials he had except for the Number (which I did not know in advance and got rejected at the Border, but I heard there will be no rejection record at the CIC etc at the Border).

That said, if still no updates from CIC one month before current WP expire, then I will apply for the BOWP; then we should be good, still can legally live and work in Quebec before the result of WP decision made by CIC...

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
tathspts said:
When was your file received by them?, as 13 months period is counted from the time they received your file, I confirmed that with them over the phone. because I know few Inland Applicants with who's file was received in April still waiting for decision and few I know this forum waiting who had their file received in March.

BTW correction, my AOR date is in July, 2nd May was my file receipt date.
My file was received by them at end of June, 2016...so it would be July if it is 13 months counted from the time they received our files...

raja06042016

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
tathspts said:
yes it still says not applicable, how about you?

I think this is a step forward after in review status, as few people commented here today saying their background status changed to not applicable.
Mine is not applicable..

i heard like before we get our dm, bg check shd change to inprocess from not applicable

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
raja06042016 said:
Mine is not applicable..

i heard like before we get our dm, bg check shd change to inprocess from not applicable
Are you 100% sure about that? Because if that's true then it means they are pushing it back, because it got changed to not applicable from in review for many today

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
JL-HN said:
So my friend he asked a lawyer to instruct him to work with his employer to do the stuff, not sure about the exact procedures...not sure about the portal stuff either...but for sure, the system at the border cares only about the Job Offer and the Compliance Fee...

But sounds like he would get a Number after his employer paid the Compliance Fee; then he went to the Border with Employment Verification, the Number and CSQ, and boom he got his new closed WP extended for another two years; I have nearly all the exact same materials he had except for the Number (which I did not know in advance and got rejected at the Border, but I heard there will be no rejection record at the CIC etc at the Border).

That said, if still no updates from CIC one month before current WP expire, then I will apply for the BOWP; then we should be good, still can legally live and work in Quebec before the result of WP decision made by CIC...
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to process any application without a payment made to process that application.

raja06042016

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
tathspts said:
Are you 100% sure about that? Because if that's true then it means they are pushing it back, because it got changed to not applicable from in review for many today
Sure.

BGC -- Not started--->In process(Eligibility , Criminality will be completed in NS)
In process(NS)----->Not Applicable(Officer will randomly initiate security check at this stage in Ottawa(Not for all))
Not Applicable(Ottawa)----->Inprocess (Before PPR )
Inprocess------->Complete( When visa in PP with Copr)

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
raja06042016 said:
Sure.

BGC -- Not started--->In process(Eligibility , Criminality will be completed in NS)
In process(NS)----->Not Applicable(Officer will randomly initiate security check at this stage in Ottawa(Not for all))
What is your source of information for this?

Does this mean whoever have their status changed to not applicable will go through additional security check? Because many of people I know never had their background check changed to not applicable.

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
raja06042016 said:
Sure.

looks like they are doing it as per express entry then?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-january-2017-connect-here-t467258.5010.html

very jealous of these express entry people who are getting their file processed in 3 months.

raja06042016

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
tathspts said:
looks like they are doing it as per express entry then?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-january-2017-connect-here-t467258.5010.html

very jealous of these express entry people who are getting their file processed in 3 months.
Yeahh their processing time for some people is less than 3 months.

loddion

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Med's Request
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
Who knows...
mordabenilofari said:
how long does it take to get PR after CSQ in Canada?
It depend by VO, and how easy can verify the information.

not to discouraged but see my timeline.

Csq ............: 3 November 2015
Visa Office......: Sydney,NS/Rome
App. Filed.......: 29-11-2015
AOR Received.: 02-02-2016
Med's Request: 27-07-2016
Med's Done....: 03-08-2016
Passport Req..: Who knows

ramakhadka

Mar 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
cmack said:
What does it say about medical? The current message is a indication that the background check process / review is the next step. Also it does not seem that they are waiting on anything from you.
[/quo

It shows following
*Application status= we received ur application
*Review of eligibility= we are reviewing whether u meet the eligibility requirement
*Review of medical result= u do not need medical exam. We will send u message if this change
*Additional documents= not applicable
*interview= u do not need a interview
*back ground check= ur application is in progress. The next step is to conduct back ground check
*final decision= ur final application is in progress we will send u a message