+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Normally when you link your account you can see the number of your request. If you got any emails check of they contain a number that start with EP.
Yea i haven't received any email sonce the 25th that i applied. And I'm kinda getting worried to be honest because everyone seems to have received at least some emails withit 4-5 days of submitting

masrournoufel

Jul 17, 2023
Yea i haven't received any email sonce the 25th that i applied. And I'm kinda getting worried to be honest because everyone seems to have received at least some emails withit 4-5 days of submitting
If you want to win time you will do medical in advance, a lot of people i know did it and it saves a lot of time. For your case i will only ask you to be more patient and remind my self to do the same. Because i know that people get their pr in 4 months now, i have a friend in land who submits his pr in march he is still waiting and a another outland submited their pr in may and they got their ready for visa email like a week ago

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
If you want to win time you will do medical in advance, a lot of people i know did it and it saves a lot of time. For your case i will only ask you to be more patient and remind my self to do the same. Because i know that people get their pr in 4 months now, i have a friend in land who submits his pr in march he is still waiting and a another outland submited their pr in may and they got their ready for visa email like a week ago
Yea i guess patience is the key. The thing is that I've been waiting for so long for this day and i really hope it won't take 20 months as they say online. It depends on the officer who gets assigned for the file i assume. For the medical i will call and see if it is possible to do it now since to be honest i don't know people who applied through QSWP and i don't have info at all
But thanks again for your suggestions and your info. I'll keep you posted if anything changes on my side and I'd appreciate if you updated me too!

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,
I applied at the beginning of July, still did not receive AOR, but i have received my Pre-Arrival email.
The invitation to link the application is the AOR. It’s just an acknowledgement that they received your application and give you an application number to track it from CIC now. After pre arrival letter should be a medical exam request

Reactions: PBBB

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
Yea i guess patience is the key. The thing is that I've been waiting for so long for this day and i really hope it won't take 20 months as they say online. It depends on the officer who gets assigned for the file i assume. For the medical i will call and see if it is possible to do it now since to be honest i don't know people who applied through QSWP and i don't have info at all
But thanks again for your suggestions and your info. I'll keep you posted if anything changes on my side and I'd appreciate if you updated me too!
Hey don’t worry too much. I applied at the beginning of March worrying about the processing time 20 months as well. I did not hear back anything until the end of May. After that everything went very quickly. I think they are processing the applications much faster now. You can do an upfront medical exam but I think it’s better to wait for their request and instruction. It doesn’t take much time. Relax, everything will be fine :)

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
The invitation to link the application is the AOR. It’s just an acknowledgement that they received your application and give you an application number to track it from CIC now. After pre arrival letter should be a medical exam request
Ah i see so once we receive the link invitation it basically means they have opened the application and everything is fine

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hey don’t worry too much. I applied at the beginning of March worrying about the processing time 20 months as well. I did not hear back anything until the end of May. After that everything went very quickly. I think they are processing the applications much faster now. You can do an upfront medical exam but I think it’s better to wait for their request and instruction. It doesn’t take much time. Relax, everything will be fine :)
And if i remember correctly you are waiting for the pr cards now right? Because i remember you have posted your timeline before. I really hope it won't take long cuz now that i know it doesn't i am even more impatient hahaha. Did you end up receiving your card?

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
are we allowed to move to other province after getting pr?
does that effects Canadian citizenship?
From what i know and law wise no effect, but depending on the officer he might question why didn't you stay in quebec since you were chosen by them to work in this province

Last edited:

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
And if i remember correctly you are waiting for the pr cards now right? Because i remember you have posted your timeline before. I really hope it won't take long cuz now that i know it doesn't i am even more impatient hahaha. Did you end up receiving your card?
Not yet I think it might take 1-2 months now

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
are we allowed to move to other province after getting pr?
does that effects Canadian citizenship?
Hey Abin, the law does not forbid you to move to another province but it’s best to stay in the province that nominated you for PR for at least a year. Moving right after getting PR might leave a bad impression on your citizenship application later. I know some cases having troubles when applying for citizenship because they moved to another province right away. They had to hire a lawyer for that. Unless you can prove to IRCC that you cannot get a job in the current province and that other provinces can offer you a much higher pay.
I don’t know, maybe you can get lucky with it but it’s still risky.

Reactions: abin jerson

abin jerson

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Hey Abin, the law does not forbid you to move to another province but it’s best to stay in the province that nominated you for PR for at least a year. Moving right after getting PR might leave a bad impression on your citizenship application later. I know some cases having troubles when applying for citizenship because they moved to another province right away. They had to hire a lawyer for that. Unless you can prove to IRCC that you cannot get a job in the current province and that other provinces can offer you a much higher pay.
I don’t know, maybe you can get lucky with it but it’s still risky.
thanks for you kind reply.
I would also like to ask, did you receive your PR card?
thanks