+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
Yeah, I want to go to Portugal to see my friends and 2 weeks ago roundtrip was around 800$ and now it's almost 1200$ already :(

Sorry for the off topic folks! PLAN YOUR VACAY NOW!
Yeah I am looking for round trip ticket on premium economy, air canada is costing 8~900 more than what I used to pay, but I found cheaper ticket with Lufthansa so...i may be fly with them then.

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
What bothers me is that traveling isn't for vacations but for solving problems that can't be solved even with an assigned attorney.
Tabarnak. :D

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Has anyone on this forum successfully obtained the illusive BOWP that’s supposed to be available as a result of PR application? If so what was your timeline (when you applied and when you received)? It was to serve as my backup plan while I waited for PR but eligibility hasn’t yet started. Wondering if I try for closed permit, but if the processing time is the same (IRCC website only shows WP inside Canada new & extension and does not distinguish between open or closed), it’s not worth it since the BOWP would have the earlier lock in date.

Lorena Marins

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
41 months passed since IRCC has received my file.

Yesterday I got a response from my local visa office after my 3rd consecutive email. (they haven’t even replied the other 2 before that)

The application is in process and please rest assured that you will be advised as soon as possible when the case is finalized or if any action is required on your part. Please understand that sending repeated enquiries consumes valuable time and resources which could be used to process applications. Our office cannot provide you with updates on a regular basis. Thank you for your understanding.

This was my 10th email from June 2021 and my file is still waiting there “untouched”.

This is totally unacceptable. While people get their PRs within a year for the same program, why we “outlands” have to wait extremely long times.

And why nobody speaks about this craziness louder!

Is it really normal to wait 4 years to get PR after you’ve already waited many years for CSQ?

How people, ministry, member of parliaments etc. keep their mouth’s shut against this unfairness and dysfunctional immigration system?

There was no express entry stream when I’ve first applied for QSW program in 2014.

4 years for CSQ + 4 years for Federal = 8 years

I sent my files when I was 24, now I am 32.

I would easily apply to a dummy college with a low IELTS score and at most spend around 30k$ to get PR. And I would’ve been a Canadian citizen for years.

But instead I believed in the immigration system of Canada.

Same here!
after so long, there is nothing left but wait some more :(

JRichards

Dec 9, 2021
So... I never got the first email, decision made since 14 avril, but on the advice of someone else in a facebook group I sent my answers to the questions to the portal email yesterday of my own accord. Right away I got an automatic email saying you have to be invited and it won't work, you have to wait for the agent. Then about 3 hours later i got the second email letting me log in and submit my address and photos. This is after I spoke to an agent on the phone on my 163rd try or so who confirmed everything was passed for me.

Lorena Marins

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
So... I never got the first email, decision made since 14 avril, but on the advice of someone else in a facebook group I sent my answers to the questions to the portal email yesterday of my own accord. Right away I got an automatic email saying you have to be invited and it won't work, you have to wait for the agent. Then about 3 hours later i got the second email letting me log in and submit my address and photos. This is after I spoke to an agent on the phone on my 163rd try or so who confirmed everything was passed for me.
Hi

What number did you call?

Thanks

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Was able to talk to an agent and asked if she could do anything to process my wife's card. Just had a ghost update on her linked process. Her card was sent to production. My card remains the same, but mine isn't a priority.

Reactions: ValeriaS

zhuzhu15

Sep 29, 2020
I received Portal 1 email this morning asking to confirm info such as name, address, date of entry etc,

However in my CIC account my PR application status still shows as "submitted, in progress"

Is this normal? I thought you're suppose to get an DM email or status change in your cic acc. before getting a portal 1 email?

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I received Portal 1 email this morning asking to confirm info such as name, address, date of entry etc,

However in my CIC account my PR application status still shows as "submitted, in progress"

Is this normal? I thought you're suppose to get an DM email or status change in your cic acc. before getting a portal 1 email?
Yes its normal it will remain submitted until you receive COPR.

zhuzhu15

Sep 29, 2020
Yes its normal it will remain submitted until you receive COPR.
Thank you for your reply, your timeline inspires me as I noticed that you've had a ":D ecision made" on the same day you received your portal 1 email, yet in my case I've only got that portal 1 email and in my CIC account it still shows "your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

I thought a "decision made" update (in CIC acc.) is given prior to issuing the protal 1 email? am I not understanding something here...o_O

Andrijana

Apr 21, 2022
Got my medical request today, hence updating the timeline. I'll be going to the Clinique de Medecine Industrielle, I think I saw some positive feedbacks regarding it in this thread =)

4th of June 2021 -> Documents received in Sydney
4th of March 2022 -> AoR and request for biometrics
8th of March 2022 -> biometrics submitted
17th of March 2022 -> pre-arrival letter
27th of April 2022 -> medical request
3rd of May 2022 -> medical appointment scheduled