+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bodem

Jun 3, 2019
“The safety and security of Canadians remains our top priority as we look to support the careful and safe arrival of new permanent residents to Canada over the next year. These new permanent residents will finally be able to start their new life in Canada and Canada will benefit from their skills when we pivot to post-pandemic economic recovery. At the same time, we’ll continue to offer protection to those who need it most, and keep our place as a global leader in providing a safe haven for refugees.”

The Honourable Marco Mendicino
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/06/government-of-canadas-first-phase-to-easing-border-measures-for-travellers-entering-canada3.html

Does that mean that the COPRs are over for this year for outlander ?

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
Yes not yet, I have already seen some applicants who get the same email with some info requested from ircc, I think you should reply to this email, and you will receive another email in couple days with RP portal credentials

Do you know when your background check (criminality, security) has passed ?
i requested some gcms notes. it showed that my criminality passed last year, and security passed just a few days after medical exam had been approved.

i have one question. what's the difference between ecopr and paper copr. if i have ecopr, do i still need to send the passport to cic??? thanks

kiman

Jun 24, 2020
i requested some gcms notes. it showed that my criminality passed last year, and security passed just a few days after medical exam had been approved.
Thanks @LeonKennie,
Could you provide a completion date for a security please, because I got today a GU for my security and I would like to know how many days you waited between a security approval and the 1st email for the PR confirmation portal.
i have one question. what's the difference between ecopr and paper copr. if i have ecopr, do i still need to send the passport to cic??? thanks
eCoPR it's the electronic confirmation of the permanent residence, if you are actually in Canada you don't need to send your passport, you will use your eCoPR and your photo through the portal to request your PR card, no longer need visa anymore :)

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
Thanks @LeonKennie,
Could you provide a completion date for a security please, because I got today a GU for my security and I would like to know how many days you waited between a security approval and the 1st email for the PR confirmation portal.

eCoPR it's the electronic confirmation of the permanent residence, if you are actually in Canada you don't need to send your passport, you will use your eCoPR and your photo through the portal to request your PR card, no longer need visa anymore :)
actually i don't know the exact completion date. I only remember the last time i requested gmsc notes is May this year, which showed that security not started. And i received medical exam in March, then in june i got pr confirmation portal email. i think for me, security doesn't take much time.

if i don't need to send visa then it's boring. i wanna go to the US-CANADA border for sightseeing, never been there

kiman

Jun 24, 2020
actually i don't know the exact completion date. I only remember the last time i requested gmsc notes is May this year, which showed that security not started. And i received medical exam in March, then in june i got pr confirmation portal email. i think for me, security doesn't take much time.

if i don't need to send visa then it's boring. i wanna go to the US-CANADA border for sightseeing, never been there
hopping to get email this week !
Unfortunately it's because the border is closed, otherwise you are allowed only to do a flag pole, only if you already have a visa to visit US, believe me there is nothing to see at the border.

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
hopping to get email this week !
Unfortunately it's because the border is closed, otherwise you are allowed only to do a flag pole, only if you already have a visa to visit US, believe me there is nothing to see at the border.
do you know any benefits that new immigrants could have?

kiman

Jun 24, 2020
A lot, depending on your immigration objective: you can apply for citizenship after a certain period of time, you are more free for work, no document to renew, buy a car, house, pay less to study ...

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
A lot, depending on your immigration objective: you can apply for citizenship after a certain period of time, you are more free for work, no document to renew, buy a car, house, pay less to study ...
30 months of waiting, geez, it's time for me to start a new life

Reactions: DAS_1

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
Today I get my eCOPR letter. I hope you guys get that golden letter soon. When I logged into my IRCC account I found out something interesting for you guys. It took me 15 months to get AOR. My background check completed the same day that I got AOR! They updated it today.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Today I get my eCOPR letter. I hope you guys get that golden letter soon. When I logged into my IRCC account I found out something interesting for you guys. It took me 15 months to get AOR. My background check completed the same day that I got AOR! They updated it today.
Congrats. Did you get your PR 10 months earlier than average processing time?