+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Lpetit

Aug 25, 2020
Everyone gets security screening. If you didn't do anything wrong you should not panic. You'll probably pass it very fast.
Thanks for your reply.

I applied for the QSW through a consultant, which means that I don't have any access to GCkey, where application details are shown. I saw the application details of my friends, which only show the label "background check", and not any label "security check".

Does it mean that the system that the call agents see is different from the system that we client could see, or the label "security check" on the system is, somehow, hidden from the client-side system?

Is the "security check" the last step during the whole process of QSW?

I only have access to ECAS, and the last note is "the medical result has been received", and "In process".

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
My MP is in contact with IRCC, so they told him. By the way the agents on the phone can tell you too but they don't share this info usually. You have to trick them :) It only can be security which takes soo long. My note are incomplete.
Do you know why your security screening might be taking a while? And if you don't mind, may I ask where you're from and what countries you've lived in or visited? I applied in May 2019 and was sent a letter requesting a police certificate (since that country doesn't issue without a request) but they misspelled my name.. Lol. So I immediately sent them a message to say my name was misspelled and they replied with a new request a month later in September. My account shows that they only processed it in November. So I lost 3 months there :( the agent said my criminality and eligibility are done, the file is doing well and the security hasn't started. But your situation worries me. I'm wondering about the countries visited or country of origin now.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

I applied for the QSW through a consultant, which means that I don't have any access to GCkey, where application details are shown. I saw the application details of my friends, which only show the label "background check", and not any label "security check".

Does it mean that the system that the call agents see is different from the system that we client could see, or the label "security check" on the system is, somehow, hidden from the client-side system?

I only have access to ECAS, and the last note is "the medical result has been received", and "In process".
It's very difficult to extract information from IRCC, especially if you are within the official processing time. If they need some additional information they will contact you.
ECAS is a very basic tool, but GCKey is not better.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Do you know why your security screening might be taking a while? And if you don't mind, may I ask where you're from and what countries you've lived in or visited? I applied in May 2019 and was sent a letter requesting a police certificate (since that country doesn't issue without a request) but they misspelled my name.. Lol. So I immediately sent them a message to say my name was misspelled and they replied with a new request a month later in September. My account shows that they only processed it in November. So I lost 3 months there :( the agent said my criminality and eligibility are done, the file is doing well and the security hasn't started. But your situation worries me. I'm wondering about the countries visited or country of origin now.
Yes, I have a guess. I had 5 police certificates and we have a very extended travel history. The criminality is not a problem usually. They started my security after my file waited 20 months somewhere and 6-7 months after that the Covid started. Now, they are saying that the file is not with IRCC so they have to wait too.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Yes, I have a guess. I had 5 police certificates and we have a very extended travel history. The criminality is not a problem usually. They started my security after my file waited 20 months somewhere and 6-7 months after that the Covid started. Now, they are saying that the file is not with IRCC so they have to wait too.
Why is your file not with IRCC. Has it gone to another security agency? May I ask what your nation of origin is?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hello, this is my first post. I have been following this thread for a few months now. Today, we (my family and I) have received the CoPR document.
I'd like to share with you my timeline in case it helps, as did others sharing it before.

Category : Quebec Skilled workers
Visa office: Nova Scotia
Inland applicant (Montreal)

CSQ received: May 24, 2019
Application received: June 19, 2019
AOR: August 14, 2019
Invitation to Pre-arrival services: October 14, 2020
Medical Examen req: January 20, 2021
Background check: January 22, 2021
Review of medical results: February 3, 2021
Review of eligibility: February 9, 2021
Final decision: February 9, 2021. Your application was approved.

CoPR document: February 9, 2021
Congratulations!!!:)

Reactions: Leokun and tere2021

Italy

May 23, 2020
I don't think it's a bad thing. My MP contacted them 5 times may be, but I'm stuck in security check so the file is blocked from outside. You should ask him a specific questions. GCMS is a piece of sh.. if you ask me.
I asked him specific questions after the first disappointing reply, but no answer since.
The GCMS notes are to me the most reliable piece of info that I have received so far. At least you don't get the usual covid excuse in there.
I asked twice for GCMS notes, once to IRCC and once to CBSA. In the first it was written that some pages were removed because of a system glitch. The second had those missing pages, but no additional useful info. Pretty much the same content in both.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey All! Does anyone know if I am eligible to apply for an open work permit for my spouse who’s in another country and listed as a non-accompanying member on my application? I currently have a closed work permit which expires in 22 months.

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
Hello everyone, just to let you know that just receive my CoPR. I am going to leave below my timeline if useful for someone (I am an Inland app)

Category........QSW
App. Filed...........20-05-2019
AOR Received.....31-07-2019
Prearrival Letter..17-09-2020
Med's Request....18-01-2021
Med's Done........23-01-2021
Med's Approv.....02-02-2021
Decision Made...06-02-2021
CoPR..................10-02-2021

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone, just to let you know that just receive my CoPR. I am going to leave below my timeline if useful for someone (I am an Inland app)

Category........QSW
App. Filed...........20-05-2019
AOR Received.....31-07-2019
Prearrival Letter..17-09-2020
Med's Request....18-01-2021
Med's Done........23-01-2021
Med's Approv.....02-02-2021
Decision Made...06-02-2021
CoPR..................10-02-2021
Congratulations!

Reactions: mrpollo

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hey All! Does anyone know if I am eligible to apply for an open work permit for my spouse who’s in another country and listed as a non-accompanying member on my application? I currently have a closed work permit which expires in 22 months.
You can apply, but she will need a travel authorization too.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Apparently, as per one of the FB posts, a lady got her file returned (JULY 2019) because she was missing a signature and her birth certificate. After almost 18 months of waiting
:(
That's really sad, man. I read that one too. Does anyone know what happens after an application is returned? Does the applicant have a way to resume their application or do they have to start over from zero?