+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I spoke to the agent and he said the criminality part is done but they haven't started my background yet. He also said the current processing time is 26months. Said everything seems to be as per normal.
so its security check which is remaining...once that is done they will send medical as per current process but you know they can change the process...

Reactions: splat_plume

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
so its security check which is remaining...once that is done they will send medical as per current process but you know they can change the process...
My medicals came in before the criminality check was done. After I passed my medicals, 5 days later they sent a message for the Police Certificates. Then, I saw background check is in progress. Up to date, it still shows the same and my medicals expired in November 2020! So I guess there is still no correlation on how IRCC performs their requests for each case. They can ask for documents in different timings according to each case. As such it is really hard to determine or predict where the file stands.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
My medicals came in before the criminality check was done. After I passed my medicals, 5 days later they sent a message for the Police Certificates. Then, I saw background check is in progress. Up to date, it still shows the same and my medicals expired in November 2020! So I guess there is still no correlation on how IRCC performs their requests for each case. They can ask for documents in different timings according to each case. As such it is really hard to determine or predict where the file stands.
Since mid october 2020 applicants who are receiving medical have all security steps cleared and once they pass medical ( in around 3 weeks ) they get DM in few days and copr in next few days or week. Many people on facebook grp ( from Oct, Nov , Dec 2018 , Jan , Feb and March 2019 ) have received COPR and they have same trend. I myself have passed my medical on 17th Nov 2020 and I got DM on 18th Nov and I am waiting for COPR. So this is latest trend which might change because its IRCC and no one can predict them.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeya

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
unfortunately no DM yet. I just called IRCC this morning and they told me that my background check and eligibility were still in process ( security not started yet.) I am really confused. Actually my situatiuon is complicated. Somehow my representative didn't receive an email from IRCC asking for additional information and they only found out 4 months later after receiving another email. So I think that my case is far from finalizing....... I am just wondering whether the Montreal local office means anything else other than finalizing.
Someone posted this on FB group where some cases are moved to local Montreal CIC office and this might be useful info.

Hi everyone,
From what I understood from an IRCC telecentre agent, I came across a pretty nice Quebec who explained a very interesting piece for the 2018 claimants:
Some of the 2018 PR claimants have had their files transferred to a Claim Processing Office located in Montreal. This solution was adopted because many PR requests were received in summer 2018 which is beyond IRCC (Central Office) capacity. From his experience, the agent told me that requests that pass through this Montreal office delay much longer than other treaties in the IRCC central office as they do more in-depth background checks and criminality compared to what they do. requires IRCC. From what he told me this might explain the delay for the 2018 (including myself)

grid93

Jun 4, 2017
Just got my COPR today, with no separate update for DM prior to that. Hoping this might give some hope to people who got their medicals approved and then saw a lot of others getting DM within a few days but didn't themselves :)

Timeline -
App: 2019-02-07
AOR: 2019-04-27
Pre-arrival letter: 2020-03-10
MR: 2020-11-13
Medicals approved: 2020-11-30
DM/COPR: 2021-01-13

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Since mid october 2020 applicants who are receiving medical have all security steps cleared and once they pass medical ( in around 3 weeks ) they get DM in few days and copr in next few days or week. Many people on facebook grp ( from Oct, Nov , Dec 2018 , Jan , Feb and March 2019 ) have received COPR and they have same trend. I myself have passed my medical on 17th Nov 2020 and I got DM on 18th Nov and I am waiting for COPR. So this is latest trend which might change because its IRCC and no one can predict them.
I am a july 2018 applicant. Many applicants with months prior to 2018 were not processed, which is very sad as they are older than oct, nov, dec 2018 and jan, feb, march 2019. This is why I say there is no correlation in depicting when anything in the applications is processed and how it is processed!

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I am a july 2018 applicant. Many applicants with months prior to 2018 were not processed, which is very sad as they are older than oct, nov, dec 2018 and jan, feb, march 2019. This is why I say there is no correlation in depicting when anything in the applications is processed and how it is processed!
Totally Agree...in my case also people who got DM a month after me already got copr...so its very random..

Reactions: bassamkaaki

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Just got my COPR today, with no separate update for DM prior to that. Hoping this might give some hope to people who got their medicals approved and then saw a lot of others getting DM within a few days but didn't themselves :)

Timeline -
Congratulations!!

• Love
Reactions: grid93

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017

Timeline -
Congratulations which immigration program you are? Are you inland or Outland? And where are you originally from?
Thanks

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
Hello, I am still waiting for the medical request, the applica. says they are still processing my background check. Now my question is, how are they doing with the medicals with this covid situation, specifically here in Montreal (are the clinics open?) does this will delay the process even more??? Thanks

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Seems like if you got MR recently you will get DM soon no matter the timeline, for those people who did Medical in late 2019/early 2020 are pending even they are mid 2018 applicants, surffering in the 31month.

Reactions: izc2693

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hello, I am still waiting for the medical request, the applica. says they are still processing my background check. Now my question is, how are they doing with the medicals with this covid situation, specifically here in Montreal (are the clinics open?) does this will delay the process even more??? Thanks
The clinics are open to work. If you read the posts here so many people have done it recently.

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
Unfortunately, it looks they are given priority to the applicants that are inland.
Even inland applicants is taking very long. I had applied since September 2018 and I did everything (MR, PC, etc) and I have no news since 4-6 months).