+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello, I applied PR in April 2020 after receiving CSQ(22 months). Now with processing time around 26 months, I expect to receive PR by 2023. should I decide to move to different province and apply Canadian Experience class under express entry. What do you think are pros and cons with it?
If you are eligible for express entry, sure do it.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello, I applied PR in April 2020 after receiving CSQ(22 months). Now with processing time around 26 months, I expect to receive PR by 2023. should I decide to move to different province and apply Canadian Experience class under express entry. What do you think are pros and cons with it?
Pros - You get PR in 6-12 months max.
Cons - You would miss the anxiety and stress coz of newly found peace of mind (joking)

You need to provide a letter of explanation for your EE as you already hold csq from Quebec.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
House, need some advise please

I recently sent my PR docs to NS office & looks like I missed to submit the 'certified true copy' of the translated docs like birth certs, marriage cert. W
Can we not send only the missing docs? because for some of the docs like police cert, translated docs, i just had a single original copy
I think we have to send Police certs originals and not copies.

For birth/marriage cert if the content is in both native language and english then no need to translate and notarize it. Stamps/seals shouldn't matter IMO. So i beleive what you already sent is good enough. Except doibke check if you sent copies of police cert or the originals.

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Can we not send only the missing docs? because for some of the docs like police cert, translated docs, i just had a single original copy
You can try sending the missing Docs, but i guess, there is no file number for your application, so I am wondering how will determine these documents refer to which file, the kind of backlog they have I doubt if they will entertain it.. My initial application was June 2018 and they are returned my file in November 2018, as I was missing the Schedule A for my Wife who is not accompanying.
So it completely depends on the officer handling your file.

One of my friend was also missing a document, however, to her they only asked for the missinig document, did not return the file like they did to my file...

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
If you have your UCI number you can submit a webform with the missing documents.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
No any documents are requested as certified true copies ,It is only copies from where you got this info ?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
In the 2nd para of IMM 5690e, you can see "...translation with a certified copy of the original doc..." and here is the definition for certified true copies (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html):
Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • their name,
  • their official position or title, and
  • their signature.

So, i overlooked this statement and just submitted a photo copy (instead of certified true copy) of the certificates, along with the translated copies.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I think we have to send Police certs originals and not copies.

For birth/marriage cert if the content is in both native language and english then no need to translate and notarize it. Stamps/seals shouldn't matter IMO. So i beleive what you already sent is good enough. Except doibke check if you sent copies of police cert or the originals.
Yes, i did send the police cert the originals. I had to transalate the birth certs (myself, spouse & kid) & marriage as they have some seals & logos in native language (rest of the content are in both english & native language), for which i just submitted a photocopy along with the translated copies, instead of a certified true copy as they have mentioned checklist & guide-q7000

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
You can try sending the missing Docs, but i guess, there is no file number for your application, so I am wondering how will determine these documents refer to which file, the kind of backlog they have I doubt if they will entertain it.. My initial application was June 2018 and they are returned my file in November 2018, as I was missing the Schedule A for my Wife who is not accompanying.
So it completely depends on the officer handling your file.

One of my friend was also missing a document, however, to her they only asked for the missinig document, did not return the file like they did to my file...
Can we not send with UCI # , CSQ # along with full name, DOB, Country etc?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
If you have your UCI number you can submit a webform with the missing documents.
I do have an UCI #, but can we send certified true copies as soft copies? Please confirm. Wondering if anyone tried sending certified true copy via wbform & if it was accepted by CIC

Here is what it says,

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• their name,
  • their signature.

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
I do have an UCI #, but can we send certified true copies as soft copies? Please confirm. Wondering if anyone tried sending certified true copy via wbform & if it was accepted by CIC

Here is what it says,

Certified true copies

• their name,
  • their signature.
It won't be accepted through webform. They need the certified copy with the stamp and signature of the Certified Translator.

Just get the certified copy, send it by mail with the information about your application (yours, your wife and kid's UCIs), and once it's received by IRCC you send a Webform with the soft copy attached informing them that you sent the missing document my mail and asking them to confirm its receipt.

Reactions: aeya

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
[/QUOTE]
It won't be accepted through webform. They need the certified copy with the stamp and signature of the Certified Translator.

Just get the certified copy, send it by mail with the information about your application (yours, your wife and kid's UCIs), and once it's received by IRCC you send a Webform with the soft copy attached informing them that you sent the missing document my mail and asking them to confirm its receipt.
btw, i do have the certified translated copies submitted. But, looks like they also need a 'certified true copy' of the same doc, for which i just submitted a photocopy...

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes, i did send the police cert the originals. I had to transalate the birth certs (myself, spouse & kid) & marriage as they have some seals & logos in native language (rest of the content are in both english & native language), for which i just submitted a photocopy along with the translated copies, instead of a certified true copy as they have mentioned checklist & guide-q7000
Like i said i do not think you need translations for logos or stamps if the content is in english but i can be wrong.