+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hi everyone,
I've been digging through the tables and data we have available, and there is a strange mismatch that is preventing me from going any further.
1) This article from ledevoir says that the Quebec lobby (AQAADI) asked Immigration Canada and were told that as of October 2020, there are 27,000 files in process - meaning that is the current In Process Inventory. Also means the number of AORs sent out anytime prior to October 2020, but have not received PR yet.
2) Strangely, I see in today's quota table that there will be 27,000 Quebec PR admissions this year, meaning 27,000 AORs sent out in 2020.

Those 2 data points don't really match. If taken as is, this would mean that in January 1st 2020, there were 0 files in process. Why? 0 files in process in January + 27,000 AORs released in 2020 ~ Inventory of 27,000 files on October 2020. We know that isn't true, so I think the In Process Inventory data point we have coming from the article was either misexpressed or misunderstood by whoever wrote the article. Sounds like the 1) article speaks about the same number as today's quota table, but presents it as something else.

Long story short, we can't make estimates if we don't have at least 1 data point on the number of applications received and not opened (no AOR sent), at any point in time. Once we have that, we could maybe work further.
These numbers don't mean AOR's, these numbers mean when the PR process is completed.

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
What do you think it means for 2018 applicants still waiting on medical requests? Many 2018 november / december applicants recieved their MR this week but all them were either individuals or couples, does anyone know if family files take longer to process?
(Inland)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
What do you think it means for 2018 applicants still waiting on medical requests? Many 2018 november / december applicants recieved their MR this week but all them were either individuals or couples, does anyone know if family files take longer to process?
(Inland)
Couple of days back, on the french FB page saw a post by inland french family of 4 getting PR - applied in March 2019. Don't see a streamlined pattern, unfortunately.

Reactions: aeya

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The part that doesn't sit well with me is that covid-19 hasn't affected Outland applications as much as theirs a almost complete blockage of inland applications after July 2019. Those who are here and still holding on to their jobs or have finished their studies also deserve a fair treatment. Quota and covid-19 restrictions shouldn't hold their career at stake. Is this a ploy to stave off inlands after ripping them off their fees money (I know it's my far fetched thinking but nothing makes sense to me)

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Couple of days back, on the french FB page saw a post by inland french family of 4 getting PR - applied in March 2019. Don't see a streamlined pattern, unfortunately.
Nikhil who was active in this thread until he got his PR was also Jan 2019 applicant. He got his PR DM in Sep 2020. So that was 18 months in total processing time including pandemic delay.

Some profiles being less complicated (less travels/degrees from reputed universities/US visa acceptance previously/all documents in place with applications having no irrelavent information/civil war countries/single or married eith children with different travel history et cetera) might be processed quicker than others. IMO

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Nikhil who was active in this thread until he got his PR was also Jan 2019 applicant. He got his PR DM in Sep 2020. So that was 18 months in total processing time including pandemic delay.

Some profiles being less complicated (less travels/degrees from reputed universities/US visa acceptance previously/all documents in place with applications having no irrelavent information/civil war countries/single or married eith children with different travel history et cetera) might be processed quicker than others. IMO
I remember Nikhil but he had fair bit of travel history if I am not mixing it up with someone else. He was in US for sure. You are absolutely right about such instances but there are a lot from 2018 with fairly straightforward file still waiting for MR.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I tend to agree with Immstu. What is for sure is people from politically “troubled” countries will take longer. The opposite is not the case. Sometimes it sounds like it’s just a matter of where your file ends up on a list. We’re trying to find logic where there is no logic! Unless we get more concrete data points in terms of cases open, received at any point in time, we’ll just be guessing!

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
I have question please if I got PR before my csq expired can I travel to Canada any time after my csq expired or I have to travel before csq deadline?

Last edited:

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
From David Chalk, let's see what will happen.....

"We have just been advised on the monthly call with IRCC that as of November 5, letters will start to go out acknowledging that the applications of Quebec Skilled Workers (QSWs) have been received at CPC-Sydney. They will NOT confirm that the application has been judged to be complete. There is still hope that a public policy may be issued in the coming weeks which will provide that applications in the QSW category will NOT be returned where to do so would leave the applicant with a CSQ that has either expired or will soon expire. Watch this page..."

Reactions: Rafochacin

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
I am confused. Is the priority for CSQ level or Federal PR level?

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1745261/immigration-quebec-legault-pandemie-girault
Les 7000 actuellement pour lesquels on va faire un rattrapage sont des gens qui sont déjà au Québec, a expliqué Nadine Girault, ministre de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration, en entrevue avec Radio-Canada. [...] On travaille très étroitement avec le gouvernement fédéral pour commencer vraiment à admettre des gens qui sont déjà sur le territoire