+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Well, when it comes from immigration consultants, it's not just assumptions. They have their network and information from inside.
There always exists the possibility not to be accurate, but they are closer to reality than us.
Well I have consulted a few lawyers too. Never heard of any possible reforms in near future.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ok so a couple of things:
1) Andremory: I really wish your theory were true. However, that assumes Quebec wants to make their PR process faster. As of today, I've always thought and assumed they make it much much slower to prevent immigrants from coming to this province in the first place (due to nationalism) - and to be able to check if the immigrant is actually staying in QC for those 1-2 years during processing to be more 'selective'. I never knew/thought the longer processing vs other provinces was a matter operational efficiency. If that is the case, then my conception of productivity just hit a new low - I didn't know it was possible to be this incompetent.

2) After reading more, it does seem like AORs have indeed been issued after July 2019. They are just super super rare and officers are just super super slow.

3) After speaking with my lawyer in length this morning, he announced 2 things
1- There is a reform/change coming up very soon on QC side that will be announced early November - so let's just be patient and see what that is.
2- He is very convinced that the very slow processing time is not due to any racist conspiracy or anything. Those officers are uneducated, stupid, lazy AF, and now they are working from home so there is no one to even supervise them. They have essentially just stopped working due to incredible laziness. He and his 'lobby' have tried to contact MIFI many many time asking concretes questions like "what % of officers are working from home?", "How many applications are you processing in a day on average?" - very very basic simple questions and MIFI would just never give a concrete answer. The only explanation left is just incompetency and pure laziness and MIFI is covering that up.

I would thus probably suggest to stop thinking too much about why/scenarios etc, and wait for the reform/changes coming up which will most likely bring more clarity for everyone. I am holding off on sending my PR application until then and will try to move to Ontario in the mean time.
From your subpoint 2 in Pt. 3, it seems your lawyer was talking about CSQ process and not PR applications. MIFI got nothing to do with slow PR application.
As to reform, the only one I have heard is to tackle this pile up. They want to digitize these files so that agents don't have to physically carry them. Also pile up had started almost 9 months before covid-19 lockdown when agents were in office.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeya

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
So according to this:
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/10/quebec-could-admit-up-to-44500-new-permanent-residents-in-2020-1013071.html/amp

The quota for 2020 was 26000 for QSW and as it seems it covered applications till July 2019, right?
The official Quota for 2020 is already published last year in below quebec website

Now we are waiting for the plan of 2021 , it should be released soon

https://www.quebec.ca/gouv/ministere/immigration/publications/?fbclid=IwAR1dWxWYjkDlBUfkkZogJ7DzTiPhTckFxM7lJeSHs-Wdk3d7nv_endr2dSk#c11571

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Well I have consulted a few lawyers too. Never heard of any possible reforms in near future.
Well, you do understand that this is their job, right? And as someone who takes care different situations for different people they have created connections and relationships. Also, as it is very logical, lawyers have discussions about their cases in general and their 'database' is getting even bigger.
I don't say that they have Papal infallibility, but they know much more than us.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Ok so a couple of things:
1) Andremory: I really wish your theory were true. However, that assumes Quebec wants to make their PR process faster. As of today, I've always thought and assumed they make it much much slower to prevent immigrants from coming to this province in the first place (due to nationalism) - and to be able to check if the immigrant is actually staying in QC for those 1-2 years during processing to be more 'selective'. I never knew/thought the longer processing vs other provinces was a matter operational efficiency. If that is the case, then my conception of productivity just hit a new low - I didn't know it was possible to be this incompetent.

2) After reading more, it does seem like AORs have indeed been issued after July 2019. They are just super super rare and officers are just super super slow.

3) After speaking with my lawyer in length this morning, he announced 2 things
1- There is a reform/change coming up very soon on QC side that will be announced early November - so let's just be patient and see what that is.
2- He is very convinced that the very slow processing time is not due to any racist conspiracy or anything. Those officers are uneducated, stupid, lazy AF, and now they are working from home so there is no one to even supervise them. They have essentially just stopped working due to incredible laziness. He and his 'lobby' have tried to contact MIFI many many time asking concretes questions like "what % of officers are working from home?", "How many applications are you processing in a day on average?" - very very basic simple questions and MIFI would just never give a concrete answer. The only explanation left is just incompetency and pure laziness and MIFI is covering that up.

I would thus probably suggest to stop thinking too much about why/scenarios etc, and wait for the reform/changes coming up which will most likely bring more clarity for everyone. I am holding off on sending my PR application until then and will try to move to Ontario in the mean time.
Hello : I am trying to follow your post to understand the process and the pain... So moving to Ontario is an option, but what about you extending your Quebec WP in between while you are trying for CSQ ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello : I am trying to follow your post to understand the process and the pain... So moving to Ontario is an option, but what about you extending your Quebec WP in between while you are trying for CSQ ?
FYI - A cursory look at OPs thread/post reveals that OP got his csq after refusal. OP's exploring best option to choose between QSWP or EE at this stage.

Reactions: lost_soul

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
That is correct. I have my CSQ, and I'm able to extend work permit for QC. Moving from here would allow PR in 6-9 months instead of 24/30 months. I would like to clarify that I should not have used the word 'reforms'. What will come early November is "changes/announcements" - the lawyer didn't mention the word "reform" per se, it was a miswording from my part. He did mention there are efforts and machines getting purchased to electronify files and help with operational efficiency. Not sure if that would help in any way given officers' laziness, but I guess it's something.

This discussion got me confused as to why PR takes more than 2 years out of QC, and 6 months nearly everywhere else. I always thought it was a QC government decision to make their process slower to see if their immigrants 'make a mistake/integrate' during those 2 years before granting PR.
Has it always been due to operational inefficiency? As in, the Nova Scotia office, who processes QC PRs, is just the worst, slowest one of all of Canada and it's not actually slowed down intentionally by the province/government?