+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

RTficial1

Mar 13, 2020
I just received a ghost update today (background is processing), so I assume that this is the 3rd GU, which according to many, seems like DM is coming soon. However, when I called CIC, the agent mentioned that there is no update on my profile. Is this common? Anyone has an idea what this means? Thanks

Reactions: Lorena Marins

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
I just received a ghost update today (background is processing), so I assume that this is the 3rd GU, which according to many, seems like DM is coming soon. However, when I called CIC, the agent mentioned that there is no update on my profile. Is this common? Anyone has an idea what this means? Thanks
Haven't seen DMs around in a while. Maybe your medicals could be expired?
Good luck to all

Reactions: Df.Set

RTficial1

Mar 13, 2020
Good luck to all
Seems like you're correct. My medical validity was until September 15th, 2020. Medical changed from "passed on (date)" to "we don't need your medical...". The wait continues

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Citizens10

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Good luck to all
A friend of mine got a DM and COPr 2 days ago. It's a sponsorship process started in July 2019. I know it's not the same as our applications, but it means at least that Montreal office is indeed processing CoPR's now

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
A friend of mine got a DM and COPr 2 days ago. It's a sponsorship process started in July 2019. I know it's not the same as our applications, but it means at least that Montreal office is indeed processing CoPR's now
Yes they've been working and giving copr but at an incredibly slow rate its almost négligeable. If they are at 25% capacity then delays would quadruple(unless they get back to the same rhythm as before, then you would have to add time lost due to covid restrictions) as of now they are still working on the April-June 18 files who were supposed to be processed in march... No wonder why they refuse to communicate on delays

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes they've been working and giving copr but at an incredibly slow rate its almost négligeable. If they are at 25% capacity then delays would quadruple(unless they get back to the same rhythm as before, then you would have to add time lost due to covid restrictions) as of now they are still working on the April-June 18 files who were supposed to be processed in march... No wonder why they refuse to communicate on delays
Yes but the problem is covid case is increasing because of a lot of stupids having parties and stuff.
This is really frustrating.

Reactions: NAZ1978

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My deadline was May 13th, I called a couple of days ago only to find out they have not started my security verification. Concerning the two other stages (background and criminal verification) did you ask about each or did they give you an update on every stage?
I find it is hard to get very specific information over the phone. I read somewhere that if your file is pretty much straight forward, the security verification should not take long but who knows?! I also feel a bit disappointed but there is not much to do other than sit tight and patiently wait...
Good lick with your process!
Hey anapaulap, have you had any news about your PR application?

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020
Got Decision Made on ECAS yesterday (18/09). Applied in July 2018.

Any recent experience in how long CoPR is taking after DM? (Inland application, Montreal Office)
Good I’m happy for you my friend !!! But as I know if you have DM and you have something serious cause that you wanted fast the PR you send the webform with the explanation and they will give it faster than the rest that’s what they told us on phone I don’t know if is true

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you guys know why some of the applications in mtl and some of the them in sydney ? Why different offices ?

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
Good I’m happy for you my friend !!! But as I know if you have DM and you have something serious cause that you wanted fast the PR you send the webform with the explanation and they will give it faster than the rest that’s what they told us on phone I don’t know if is true
what you said is true as I received similar response while asking for a status update on my file through web form . Though my application staus in IRCC shows medical passed, based on the email response received below, it says my application is approved since Sep 2, 2020. Haven't received any PPR or COPR. I am an outland application cleared medically on July 2020.

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.

Your application is approved.

As you may be aware, the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. While the travel restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted. For a list of current exemptions to these restrictions, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html. If your application falls under the exemptions and you wish to travel at this time, please provide supporting information regarding the essential nature of your travel.

Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providing essential services only. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / gl

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca
Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/canadainsingapore

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I have applied for the Quebec Immigration, my file delivered to the Sydney office on July 04, 2020. I do not have any XEP numbers or AOR yet. I visiting Dubai from August 14 to probably for November 14. I would like to know how come I will update this information. Or, I need to wait for the AoR? Or informed them later.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Do you guys know why some of the applications in mtl and some of the them in sydney ? Why different offices ?
Your file is transferred to MTL office after DM to finalize your COPR