+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also applied

I also applied in December 2018 and haven't received medical and so many other people too. so I don't think there's anything wrong with our files.
U guys r inland or outland ?

Do u guys also think the country where u from is also matter to this time period ?

dorm_ca

Oct 22, 2019
Brother
I think u gotta check it up with lawyer or sth, sth wrong with ur case because most of Sep and Aug 2019 got medical and DM. Seriously check it out with help from profession
This is a false news. I don't think theres any outside maybe few exceptions from September or aug 2019 application that got DM nor medical. Processing times for paper applications have stalled. It will eventually pick up swiftly.

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is a false news. I don't think theres any outside maybe few exceptions from September or aug 2019 application that got DM nor medical. Processing times for paper applications have stalled. It will eventually pick up swiftly.
In IRCC Twitter, they mentioned that they will process more of paper-based application on Sep 09 so i hope it will bring us good news to all of us

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Yeah...they have posted those exact words for the past few months already. Still doesn't seem like it's really picked up or anything
That's right.
Probably more than half of the 2018 applicants didn't get MR or DM yet.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the best thing for the 2019 applicants now is just to forget about their applications until at least next year. For your own sanity's sake.

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
That's right.
Probably more than half of the 2018 applicants didn't get MR or DM yet.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the best thing for the 2019 applicants now is just to forget about their applications until at least next year. For your own sanity's sake.
idk but I think they will still try to keep average processing times to 22months. It used to be 80% of applicants in 22months and the rest more or less. I think now only 20% will get it at 22, and since many people from 2018 are over 24months they will also give copr to applicants with 16-20months to keep the symbolic 22months showing. It would be desastrous for them to show a 27months processing average.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Couple of friends applied last year, not even AOR, inland.

Reactions: dorm_ca
Jun 4, 2020
I noticed this important bit of information here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing
"Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include
  • submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam"
I don't understand why we might not be able to complete a medical exam. As far as I know, private clinics are still open, even if at reduced capacity and slower rate.

Reactions: megoman

dorm_ca

Oct 22, 2019
I noticed this important bit of information here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing
"Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include
  • submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam"
I don't understand why we might not be able to complete a medical exam. As far as I know, private clinics are still open, even if at reduced capacity and slower rate.
I believe that's for EE and work permit applicants. Few months back I thought of doing the same but clinics told me IRCC has clearly outlined that for QSW applicants you need the request prior to doing medical. On the other hand, there's no point sending medicals if the officer isn't looking at your file anyways. Besides, it takes less than 2 weeks to go from medical request being received and then medical passed so I decided to wait and eventually after 25 months of waiting got the medical request.