+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
> now it's the easiest and relaxing part.....

Yes be prepared to relax for 2 years or more. :p
At least we know that is 2 years and no loss of documents, weird delays, and many other surprises that we had to get our CSQ. Plus, we can move on with our lives in Quebec, so yes, it's 2 years, but for sure with zero stress compared to the CSQ.

JarnailS

Apr 13, 2020
I completely disagree. All of us who applied after July 2019 can get our applications returned until we get AOR. Which is nowhere to be seen. The stress is still there and I’m afraid not only we’re not gonna get AOR till next year (I applied in March), but processing times will climb further

just because you got your CSQ doesn’t mean all is well at the federal level, that is, unless you get your AOR.
Not at all, Processing time is likely to go down, and if you have XEP your file will not returned.
Call them they will explain you how completion check and completion review works, if you are lucky and het nice agent.

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
I completely disagree. All of us who applied after July 2019 can get our applications returned until we get AOR. Which is nowhere to be seen. The stress is still there and I’m afraid not only we’re not gonna get AOR till next year (I applied in March), but processing times will climb further

just because you got your CSQ doesn’t mean all is well at the federal level, that is, unless you get your AOR.
omg... You have your SCQ, calm down. You got the CSQ by the PEQ, you even didn't go through the regular Arrima process, which it's a nightmare.

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
I’m completely calm. No need to take offense. All there is to say is that we won’t know how long it will take until we all get our PR, lol.
I'm glad to know...lol. What I'm saying is that compared to the regular CSQ (Arrima, Mon project, NOT PEQ). The federal-level it's a piece of cake, long yes, but more stable and transparent for sure. Good luck for all of us!! :)

Reactions: VCIce

Nael_shawky

Oct 13, 2018
That is very true. Arrima has been handled in the worst way possible and I’m really sorry that this is happening to very deserving candidates...I’m one of the few PEQ holder who thinks the PEQ stream needs to be significantly reformed to make room for Arrima candidates. Hopefully they adjust that last reform to be a bit more fair to current students/workers who would have otherwise qualified...It’s very tricky for sure.
Good luck to everyone! :)
What is Arrima?

JarnailS

Apr 13, 2020
We all know vetting process at federal level is too long and depressing.
This book is approved by centre of addiction and mental health (CAMH) and IRCC.

If you are waiting desperately for a completion of your vetting process after CSQ, reading it will help you keep relaxed.

And, you will be aware of what's coming next after vetting is done and become PR.:)https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.camh.ca/-/media/files/guides-and-publications/alone-in-canada-en.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjGqLaTibnqAhVhU98KHdifDt4QFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1EWfp7qo6xMpVhhnydSF_t

Reactions: Italy
Mar 22, 2020
Today's my 2 year anniversary of having sent in my application!
My account says decision made, but I haven't heard anything else from Canada besides a few "sorry, you'll have to wait because of COVID." It seems like other people are beginning to get their PRs though, so I have hope! I'm going to redownload the application that I was using to get phone calls in Canada just in case Canada calls me. :)

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Today's my 2 year anniversary of having sent in my application!
My account says decision made, but I haven't heard anything else from Canada besides a few "sorry, you'll have to wait because of COVID." It seems like other people are beginning to get their PRs though, so I have hope! I'm going to redownload the application that I was using to get phone calls in Canada just in case Canada calls me. :)
I also got DM mid March (13th) and got a call from an immigration officer last week to do the landing, and got the email confirming that we became PR the day after. Try to contact the VO where your application is, I think it will help.

Mar 22, 2020
I also got DM mid March (13th) and got a call from an immigration officer last week to do the landing, and got the email confirming that we became PR the day after. Try to contact the VO where your application is, I think it will help.
Thank you for your advice! What's VO? Visa Office? And how do I find it? Many thanks. :)

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no news for inland applicants.
This is so frustrating.
I think only applications from outland is being processed...

d-pen

Jun 16, 2020
There is no news for inland applicants.
This is so frustrating.
I think only applications from outland is being processed...
You have missed the last week update from inlands. Check messages above & don`t forget to congratulate them ;). Inlands are now getting the email with confirmation of the PR.