+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

marvyn

Mar 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied my PR through the PEQ program on Jan 24, 2019, and received AOR on Apr 8, 2019. (In the tracker)
I just received a letter from IRCC today, asking to provide an RCMP criminal check and Schedule A since Jan 2019.

Does anyone know if it will delay the application process and how long?
Did you submit PCC before or is it the first time you are going to submit one?

shadash1

Oct 22, 2019
Dear guys, my application received on Nov.2018 to CIC, recently my online service changed from "in process" to "application received" after 16 months, I know my application has been sent to Paris LVO , is it good a sign or no? Appreciate if you give any info about Paris visa office.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I think quebec hasn't been issuing any CSQs this year for skilled workers. None for the arrima applicants, and the PEQ people are waiting from Novemeber (the government is not respecting the 21-day rule anymore). Maybe a few dozen CSQs at the most, in total.

Good to be beyond this point, but I feel very sorry for my fellow pre-CSQ applicants (considering how much I went through to get the CSQ myself).

That would explain why the tracker only registers six applications from 2020. Also, if you see everyone in the tracker (except for six cases) comes from PEQ since March 2019. The CAQ really messed up immigration

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
I think quebec hasn't been issuing any CSQs this year for skilled workers. None for the arrima applicants, and the PEQ people are waiting from Novemeber (the government is not respecting the 21-day rule anymore). Maybe a few dozen CSQs at the most, in total.

Good to be beyond this point, but I feel very sorry for my fellow pre-CSQ applicants (considering how much I went through to get the CSQ myself).

That would explain why the tracker only registers six applications from 2020. Also, if you see everyone in the tracker (except for six cases) comes from PEQ since March 2019. The CAQ really messed up immigration
As this is a weekend, I do not want to ruin my weekend & everyone else's weekend by bashing CAQ and Quebec's immigration system in general.
If I was in any other province, I would have been a Canadian citizen by now.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi folks,
Lately, I have seen some posts criticizing Quebec's immigration policies and I don't understand why people are blaming Quebec Government.

It's Ottawa who decides admission targets for each provinces and provinces has no choice but to respect their decisions. At this point Maritime needs more Immigrants and feds are focused more to develop that region than Quebec and other provinces and even Feds don't have a choice but to cut admission targets from everywhere and give those to Maritimes. I personally know few people who got their DMs within 2-3 months. PNP or CSQ applicants are experiencing the delays from feds because of this fact.

If feds don't control these admissions than whole Immigration system could become chaos like USA from which no one would benefit. And as an immigrant this is the last thing we want. Ultimately, this delays are good for Quebec and newcomers. Some newcomers who came here 2 3 years ago when quebec's policies was easy and quotas are at their maximum are not integrated, they are struggling to practice their professions and ends up being underpaid and poor.

I personally wouldn't mind a 24 months wait at feds for PR since quebec is integrating me fully in their society and givong me an access to the available resources to become a strong, rich and ultimately good citizen so that i can create more resources for others to succeed.

My analysis might be wrong and poorly drafted, so it's open for speculations folks.

With all due respect, there is a misinformation in your message. Quebec DOES control its admission targets. It is the only province that has jurisdiction over it. And becuase of mismanagement of CSQs by the liberals, and target cuts from the CAQ (20%, to be precise), Quebec is in a mess when it comes to immigration.

In fact, all other provinces have wait times of 6 months for PR. In Quebec the average time is 49 months (these are official statistics). 2019 applicants waited 3 years for their CSQs and 1.8 years for their PR. Compare that discrepancy (6 months vs 49).

And don't get me started with Bill 9, which cancelled 18,000 CSQ applications from applicants that had been waiting for 4 years (myself included), without justification. And don't get me started the PEQ reform last November, which was ultimately revoked. And don't get me started with Arrima, which hasn't issued but 24 CSQs and isn't respecting the 6-month wait times stipulated in the law.
Oh yeah, don't get me started with the systematci cancellation of PEQ applications (mainly from Chinese applicants) via the infamous language interviews (which were barred by the supreme court for being plainly racist):

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montrealer-s-immigration-status-in-limbo-after-government-questions-his-french-skills-1.4690455

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/french-thesis-immigration-caq-1.5351155

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/court-of-appeal-quebec-experience-program-impromptu-french-tests-1.5382599

Do you still wonder why we complain about Quebec immigration?

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi folks,
Lately, I have seen some posts criticizing Quebec's immigration policies and I don't understand why people are blaming Quebec Government.

It's Ottawa who decides admission targets for each provinces and provinces has no choice but to respect their decisions. At this point Maritime needs more Immigrants and feds are focused more to develop that region than Quebec and other provinces and even Feds don't have a choice but to cut admission targets from everywhere and give those to Maritimes. I personally know few people who got their DMs within 2-3 months. PNP or CSQ applicants are experiencing the delays from feds because of this fact.

If feds don't control these admissions than whole Immigration system could become chaos like USA from which no one would benefit. And as an immigrant this is the last thing we want. Ultimately, this delays are good for Quebec and newcomers. Some newcomers who came here 2 3 years ago when quebec's policies was easy and quotas are at their maximum are not integrated, they are struggling to practice their professions and ends up being underpaid and poor.

I personally wouldn't mind a 24 months wait at feds for PR since quebec is integrating me fully in their society and givong me an access to the available resources to become a strong, rich and ultimately good citizen so that i can create more resources for others to succeed.

My analysis might be wrong and poorly drafted, so it's open for speculations folks.
Like you said, your analysis is completely wrong with respect to Quebec immigration :).
I have nothing more to add as @Andreymory87 has clearly given you the reasons and links.

You can also Google "Canada Quebec Accord" if you want to educate yourself on how Quebec immigration works and what role the Federal govt has in Quebec immigration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial/quebec/canada-quebec-accord-relating-immigration-temporary-admission-aliens.html

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hi folks,

Just one question,
If Quebec Immigration Policy has no problem and it is all Federal Government’s fault, why other states in Canada does not face with extended processing times or these kind of problems that Quebec applicants have?
How do you justify this, I really wonder.

Davidliu1007

Mar 7, 2020
Hello...Please help.
I got my CSQ last year and mailed it along with all other required documents to the federal QSW address. According to the Canada Post tracking, my application was received on the 1st of October, 2019, however, I haven't received my FILE NUMBER nor any replies from the federal yet... is that normal? Because a friend of mine who mailed the application (of the same type) one month before me received the federal file number in 3 months.

Thank you!

Mar 5, 2020
Hello...Please help.
I got my CSQ last year and mailed it along with all other required documents to the federal QSW address. According to the Canada Post tracking, my application was received on the 1st of October, 2019, however, I haven't received my FILE NUMBER nor any replies from the federal yet... is that normal? Because a friend of mine who mailed the application (of the same type) one month before me received the federal file number in 3 months.

Thank you!
Hi David! Which month your friend sent the application under QSW in August or September 2019. Because my own application was received on August 23rd 2019 but still no response for AOR.

Reactions: Mrletterbox

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Like you said, your analysis is completely wrong with respect to Quebec immigration :).
I have nothing more to add as @Andreymory87 has clearly given you the reasons and links.

You can also Google "Canada Quebec Accord" if you want to educate yourself on how Quebec immigration works and what role the Federal govt has in Quebec immigration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial/quebec/canada-quebec-accord-relating-immigration-temporary-admission-aliens.html
Agree Nikhil and Andre.

Sometimes people make up stuff in the belief that if Quebec immigration reads it they may get to break the queue and get preferential treatment in being on their side.

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hello...Please help.

Thank you!
Looks like you are also facing the same issue like others as from June 2019 they were not issuing any AOR after receiving the application package.
alternatively raise a query via web form and they will further advise you the details. One of my friend have the same timeline as yours and he also didn't get any confirmation. Once he raised the web form he get a reply that application is received and will be processed later. Hope this will work as well!

Davidliu1007

Mar 7, 2020
Looks like you are also facing the same issue like others as from June 2019 they were not issuing any AOR after receiving the application package.
alternatively raise a query via web form and they will further advise you the details. One of my friend have the same timeline as yours and he also didn't get any confirmation. Once he raised the web form he get a reply that application is received and will be processed later. Hope this will work as well!
Thank you so much!!