+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Can anyone help with this ?

My time line is November 2018 and Acknowledgment is Feb 2019, I did Medicals upfront and put my wife as non accompanying in my file. my file was in process from last 14 months, however yesterday I applied for GCMS notes two weeks ago to find out whats going on. yesterday, I got a message, they asked my wife's Police certifcate, who is not accompanying me in the PR process and also updated Schedule A forms for both of us, which were already sent with the file. Is there anything to think about on this, is this a good news or bad new lol
@sachin dabra
I think after ordering GCMS notes they started to move their asses. (Anecdotally, I have seen many cases move when they ask GCMS notes) Any communication from CIC is good news. Asking Schedule A means they have started your security & background checks.
If you havent done already, please do add your timeline at https://imtrackdb.firebaseapp.com Thanks.

Last edited:

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
@Andremory87

I came across an Access to information document requested by some good soul regarding the numbers of CSQs issued in 2019.
We also have to keep in mind the 20% immigration quota cut by the CAQ govt and I believe that is the reason Federal waiting times shot up from 15 to 22 months.

Translated pdf here : https://easyupload.io/7gozm0
Original source of information : http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/18210.pdf

Below are some relevant data.

That’s great information, thank you! One thing that I cannot understand is where do these 20000 CSq come from? 93 from arrima, 7000 from PEQ. Where’s the rest coming from?

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
That’s great information, thank you! One thing that I cannot understand is where do these 20000 CSq come from? 93 from arrima, 7000 from PEQ. Where’s the rest coming from?
Oh ok I get it: the other 13000 CSQ are for family sponsors and refugees. So they don’t qualify under our category. In our category (skilled workers) only 7000 CSQs were issued between June and December: virtually all of them under PEQ. This means that, in 2019, approximately 14000 CSQs were issued (since Arrima and mon projet only gave a few hundred in the first half).

this is a large reduction compared to the CSQs given in 2018, which were approximately 22000 for the skilled workers program . So there’s a much smaller queue for 2019 applications

Reactions: ncat99

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
The Roxham border in Quebec is still open and many are coming thru. Since 2016 Quebec immigration has been bombarded with illegal border crossers from the Roxham border. I am ok with legitimate refugees and asylum seekers. But the illegal ones crossing in Roxham, not so much.
Actually, none of these CSQs are given to referees crossing the border (they follow a different process). Out of these 13,000 other CSQs, 12,500 were from family reunification (spouses, common law) . There were only 500 CSQs for refugees, which were legitimate.

None of the border crossings impacts Quebec in terms of CSQs.

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
But i just saw statistics and this has nothing to do with refugees. These 13000 were mostly from family sponsorship. There were only 500 CSQs for refugees.

the ones crossing the border do not go into a csq route, so that’s another process and discussion
I was under the impression that Quebec immigration dept is also involved in processing illegal border crossers. They say the illegal applicants are processed in "parallel" in their FAQ. https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/humanitarian-immigration/asylum-seeker.html

Because you were in PEQ, you might not have experienced the delay for CSQ, but ever since this illegal crossings in Roxham started in 2017, Inland Regular Skilled worker applications from 2017,2018 was seeing increased delays to almost 2 years instead of 6 months processing times in 2014,2015 for a CSQ from MIDI.

The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration is currently receiving an exceptionally high volume of applications from individuals recognized as refugees within Quebec. The Ministère is making every effort to ensure that your file is handled as soon as possible.
The Ministère is now processing applications that were received on January 27, 2020.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My time line is November 2018 and Acknowledgment is Feb 2019, I did Medicals upfront and put my wife as non accompanying in my file. my file was in process from last 14 months, however yesterday I applied for GCMS notes two weeks ago to find out whats going on. yesterday, I got a message, they asked my wife's Police certifcate, who is not accompanying me in the PR process and also updated Schedule A forms for both of us, which were already sent with the file. Is there anything to think about on this, is this a good news or bad new lol
Very good sign . You will soon get a PPR email.

Reactions: ppcg2510

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I was under the impression that Quebec immigration dept is also involved in processing illegal border crossers. They say the illegal applicants are processed in "parallel" in their FAQ. https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/humanitarian-immigration/asylum-seeker.html

Because you were in PEQ, you might not have experienced the delay for CSQ, but ever since this illegal crossings in Roxham started in 2017, Inland Regular Skilled worker applications from 2017,2018 was seeing increased delays to almost 2 years instead of 6 months processing times in 2014,2015 for a CSQ from MIDI.
I was in regular program. It was not the asylum seekers —it Was the fact that the liberal government gave a record high CSQs in 2017 and then had to reduce this number to compensate. This is further problematic because the CAQ reduced the number of immigrants, which created delays in the federal applications. If you see the statistics there was. Huger influx of CSQs in 2016 and 2017, which was a bit irresponsible.

Reactions: ncat99

jayswife

Oct 4, 2019
Philippines
Category........
QSW
I am not sure if I understood your question fully.

> Agent says we need to lodge federal before CSQ Expire.

Yes that is true.

> how long does it usually take to lodge federal these days thanks .

If you are asking about AOR, ( Application Received Confirmation letter) , It seems many applicants who applied after June 2019 or July did not receive AOR yet. It does not mean CIC did not receive your application but there is some red tape or operational delay in sending out AOR for unknown reasons. I think it has everything to do with the anti immigrant racist CAQ govt of Quebec. cutting 20% quota for immigrants to Quebec.
Yes you did get my question right
Its 7 month and they haven’t got AOR ?
What if the CSQ expires without AOR?

Im worried that if we waited for my kids CSQ my own CSQ will expire ... can i file federal and file my kids Csq once available? Will it cause us more delay?

thankyou so much for answering :)

Jun 27, 2019
Hi all,

I wanna apply under Quebec category and my occupation is Storage engineer or administrator, so my question is can I use NOC code 2283 as it is also same like 2281., as Quebec authorities says occupation NOC code starts above D. So I wanna use NOC code as 2283 for Information systems testing technicians.It will be highly appreciated should you suggest me in this regard.