+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cadau7777

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm living and working in Montreal. I received my Quebec CSQ through PEQ. I sent my federal application to Nova Scotia and according to Canada post it was received on April 13, 2015. I'm still waiting for any kind of acknowledgement (AOR). Since it's almost 2 months, I was going to call them, but after reading this thread I guess this delay is not unusual.

I've a question and I've received no reliable information on this topic. I wonder if some of you have any advice.

As I said, I'm in Montreal, working at a job with a work permit. If I were to leave the job now, how will it affect my residency application? Note that, I do plan to live in Montreal/Quebec for long time even after leaving the job; so there shouldn't be any problem with my intent of living in Quebec. I've heard from some friends that Quebec CSQ implicitly allows me to live in Quebec while I'm waiting on my federal application. I tried to confirm with some lawyers, but they won't give any advice. Also if I leave the job, will I be able to leave Canada and come back - provided let's say I get the TRV on my current work permit.
May I know what is the no to call them? Please I need to call them urgently

ankit_t88

Oct 5, 2018
Hey guys, I already have my Express Entry PR. Would i be allowed to move and work in Montreal? I have an offer from a Montreal firm but im reading multiple different thinga about CSQ and the immigration process for Quebec. Can someone here help please?

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Just got a call from my migration agent and she said that not to get excited after DM cause it can be a refusal, we have wait until we get PPR.. is that true?? Don’t want a refusal after 25 months
Hi

Don’t worry. If your medical is passed, they can’t refuse you PR unless you have failed background check.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hey guys, I already have my Express Entry PR. Would i be allowed to move and work in Montreal? I have an offer from a Montreal firm but im reading multiple different thinga about CSQ and the immigration process for Quebec. Can someone here help please?
You are good if you already have your PR, And if you don't, Then I will suggest not to move out until you received it.

Last edited:

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks MH91!

Never been so demotivated like this before. Visa office is not moving "much" with applicants waiting 20+ months. Most of the good news coming from folks with AOR November /December 2017 lately. And to top everything off law firm i have hired is a mega moron who doesn't communicate, doesn;t reply to my emails, phone calls and they have been sitting with my webform reply for ONE whole week then forwarded me the reply over to me 7 days! :( i am speechless really.

how soon do they reply for GCSM notes once submitted any idea?
30-35 days.