+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Firstly, I owe a lot to this group and would like to thank everyone who are sharing their timelines and experiences in this hectic and tiring journey of so called Permanent Residency.... It was a dream indeed for me until last year that I lost a bit of hope after that due to the dynamic extension of the PROCESSING times......I haven't posted in this group until now but I used to follow it regularly to look for the updates from the fellow mates and hoping for my turn to come......
Finally, I have seen a DM in my ECAS status and felt relieved that this excruciating journey coming to an end....
I termed it 'Excruciating' because of the irregular processing times and the VO's not adhering to the timelines posted.
Anywayz Friends, Dont loose HOPE and keep checking your mails and status so that one day you would end up finding the one you want.... ALL THE VERY BEST FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my timeline....

Applied: August 2017
AOR: November 2017
Medicals: May 2018
Re-medicals: March 2019
DM and PPR: 10th April 2019

Outland CSQ Applicant from INDIA
Congratulations AAR 87

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
Can anyone please share a screenshot of new look application progress bar ones it’s available on 17th April ( I have agent so I don’t have access of GCkey online account)
Just wish to see it’s worth or not

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
I got email from cic saying:
Starting April 17, you’ll see a progress bar for your Quebec-selected skilled worker application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application and will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

The progress bar will be available only if you have linked your application to your online account. Find out how to create an online account and link your application.

Anyone else got this?
This will be hilarious in my case. :)
I am really excited to see mine since I passed the processing times 20 months ago. My application has been in process for more than 40 months.

kharl86

Apr 8, 2019
Hi,

Didn't you pay your landing fee upfront before submitting your application? I paid it upfront and couriered them the fee receipt along with my application. Don't know if anything else is needed from my end.

Thanks
Tarun.
Hello
Nope I didn’t pay it before. my consultantancy didnt advice me to pay. I thought I need to wait my aor and advice from cic to pay my RFRP. Yesterday I just payed it without advice of any body. And I just send my receipt to my consultant. Hope it will update my application

AAR_87

Jun 26, 2018
adeboyeadejobi - thanks a lot bro
I was asked to go for re-medicals in this march.
It took one month after that for completion

thanks a lot ertarun !!

thank you niko80.. Even I was surprised because it is still valid until one year...

thank a lot fayfeily.. I did not receive any notification email.. Also there is no result mentioned in it..

thank you Mansev...

All the very best guys!!!

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello
Nope I didn’t pay it before. my consultantancy didnt advice me to pay. I thought I need to wait my aor and advice from cic to pay my RFRP. Yesterday I just payed it without advice of any body. And I just send my receipt to my consultant. Hope it will update my application
Hi, I guess a webform needs to be submitted to inform them that you paid the fee.

ronky0525

Jan 22, 2019
If going by this information from cic then the progress bar may not be applicable to QSW.

Why isn’t there a progress bar for my application?
We’re currently piloting a progress bar for some applications. It’s only available for Express Entry and Family Class – spouse or partner applications at the moment. We’ll be expanding it to other applications soon. You’ll be contacted if a progress bar becomes available for your application type.

The progress bar is only available in your online account. If you submitted a paper application, you need to link it to your online account.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1443&top=3

or we wait patiently for April 17 (tomorrow) to see if we will get any changes in our account.

Last edited:

pedroantunes

Apr 14, 2016
Hello my friends,

I've applied for PR under the PEQ in August last year as a single person and in June, I live in Canada holding an PGWP.

I live together with my girlfriend, and if I keep living together with her, it will complete 1 year of living together in June, which means we'll be considered in a common-law relationship.

I read that I have to notify CIC about any marital change, including becoming in a common law relationship.

I don't need to include my girlfriend in my application because she is already PR. The only thing I fear is because I read from a person somewhere in this Forum from an old post that, as I'll be common-law with her, once I notify CIC that I'm in a common-law relationship, my single application for PR would not work anymore and I would need to start another application with her sponsoring me, which is very insane, as I meet the requirements to immigrate as Québec Selected Skilled Worker and it would be a lot time and effort to do another application (my application is being processed since August last year).

I think the person who wrote that information is wrong, but I post this because I want to make sure that person was wrong.

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied inland for PR 12 months ago, via PEQ. Since it's taking so long and I'm stuck at a job that I don't like and where I don't make a lot of money, and since I have a job offer in my country of origin (EU), would it possible to leave the country to take the other job or would that affect the PR application???
I'm on a closed work permit btw.

Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: dacarde7

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
Hello my friends,

I've applied for PR under the PEQ in August last year as a single person and in June, I live in Canada holding an PGWP.

I live together with my girlfriend, and if I keep living together with her, it will complete 1 year of living together in June, which means we'll be considered in a common-law relationship.

I read that I have to notify CIC about any marital change, including becoming in a common law relationship.

I don't need to include my girlfriend in my application because she is already PR. The only thing I fear is because I read from a person somewhere in this Forum from an old post that, as I'll be common-law with her, once I notify CIC that I'm in a common-law relationship, my single application for PR would not work anymore and I would need to start another application with her sponsoring me, which is very insane, as I meet the requirements to immigrate as Québec Selected Skilled Worker and it would be a lot time and effort to do another application (my application is being processed since August last year).

I think the person who wrote that information is wrong, but I post this because I want to make sure that person was wrong.
My husband, then boyfriend, was in a similar situation. He had applied for his PR, and just forgot about it. In the meantime, we had lived together for more than a year at this point so we qualified as common law partners. We went to see an immigration lawyer (in Montreal) if I should be added to his application (I am currently in my 19.5 month of waiting for my PR).

The lawyer said that if we decided not to add me to my boyfriend's application, he could never sponsor me if I were to apply for a PR. Since he was so close to getting his PR, and I could apply on my own, we decided not to bother. The lawyer said he didn't see any problem with our plan.

So I would think you don't have to re-do your entire application, especially because your girlfriend is already a PR anyway. But you should still check with a lawyer. It's like 1hr max consultation, but you get the peace of mind that you didn't do anything wrong.