+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied inland for PR 12 months ago, via PEQ. Since it's taking so long and I'm stuck at a job that I don't like and where I don't make a lot of money, and since I have a job offer in my country of origin, would it possible to leave the country to take the other job or would that affect the PR application???
I'm on a closed work permit btw.

Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Emad85

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes .. could you please share more info on the cover letter.?
It will be individual from case to case. For me, I described my current situation and the reasons why I wanted an open work permit. The letter itself is like a business letter with a letterhead, date, location, and attachments (AOR, Medical). It does not hurt to be polite, as professional as possible and to let a native English or french speaker review the letter.

for example:
Dear Sir / Madam,
The purpose of this letter is to explain the reason for applying for an open work permit ...

Then:
I applied for permanent residency under the Quebec Skilled Worker program on August etc. etc
[Describe when you got AOR, and attach a copy. Describe your current active work permit status (attach scan), medical status and provide screenshots of passed status (within one year). These are requirements to get a OWP]

Then:
However, my current work permit expires on etc etc ..... [describe your situation. Are you negotiating a new contract with current employer, but not sure if you will get it, any other reason why do you need OWP? For me, I wanted to also work as a freelancer/contractor, which is not allowed with a closed work permit].

Then end politely:
I hope that my explanation and attached documents serve its purpose. Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information. Sincerely, ...

Attach the scans of AOR, current work permit, and Medical, and compile and upload one PDF.
---

I hope that this information served its purpose. Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information.

Sincerely,
almost_pr

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will be individual from case to case. For me, I described my current situation and the reasons why I wanted an open work permit. The letter itself is like a business letter with a letterhead, date, location, and attachments (AOR, Medical). It does not hurt to be polite, as professional as possible and to let a native English or french speaker review the letter.

for example:
Dear Sir / Madam,
The purpose of this letter is to explain the reason for applying for an open work permit ...

Then:
I applied for permanent residency under the Quebec Skilled Worker program on August etc. etc
[Describe when you got AOR, and attach a copy. Describe your current active work permit status (attach scan), medical status and provide screenshots of passed status (within one year). These are requirements to get a OWP]

Then:
However, my current work permit expires on etc etc ..... [describe your situation. Are you negotiating a new contract with current employer, but not sure if you will get it, any other reason why do you need OWP? For me, I wanted to also work as a freelancer/contractor, which is not allowed with a closed work permit].

Then end politely:
I hope that my explanation and attached documents serve its purpose. Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information. Sincerely, ...

Attach the scans of AOR, current work permit, and Medical, and compile and upload one PDF.
---

I hope that this information served its purpose. Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information.

Sincerely,
almost_pr
Thank you for this valuable information but unfortunately , i already applied for PGWP extension on Feb 19,2019. Let's see what i will get.

Thanks again.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Status got updated ,

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results: You have passed medicals.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My timeline is as follows:

Inland QSW Applicant-PR

Application Received :Aug 07,2018
AOR:Jan 19,2019
Medicals passed: April 10,2019.

Any ideas guys which stage I am on ?

Thank you,

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello friends,
Yesterday I speak to the agent they said they don't know how long my application will take because Your file is under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. My medicals expiring next month .i am allready in 20 month ,my background checks in progress since June 2018 and my file location is ps review anyone know what this means??

AAR_87

Jun 26, 2018
Firstly, I owe a lot to this group and would like to thank everyone who are sharing their timelines and experiences in this hectic and tiring journey of so called Permanent Residency.... It was a dream indeed for me until last year that I lost a bit of hope after that due to the dynamic extension of the PROCESSING times......I haven't posted in this group until now but I used to follow it regularly to look for the updates from the fellow mates and hoping for my turn to come......
Finally, I have seen a DM in my ECAS status and felt relieved that this excruciating journey coming to an end....
I termed it 'Excruciating' because of the irregular processing times and the VO's not adhering to the timelines posted.
Anywayz Friends, Dont loose HOPE and keep checking your mails and status so that one day you would end up finding the one you want.... ALL THE VERY BEST FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my timeline....

Applied: August 2017
AOR: November 2017
Medicals: May 2018
Re-medicals: March 2019
DM and PPR: 10th April 2019

Outland CSQ Applicant from INDIA

Reactions: patel_sanket_1

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
Firstly, I owe a lot to this group and would like to thank everyone who are sharing their timelines and experiences in this hectic and tiring journey of so called Permanent Residency.... It was a dream indeed for me until last year that I lost a bit of hope after that due to the dynamic extension of the PROCESSING times......I haven't posted in this group until now but I used to follow it regularly to look for the updates from the fellow mates and hoping for my turn to come......
Finally, I have seen a DM in my ECAS status and felt relieved that this excruciating journey coming to an end....
I termed it 'Excruciating' because of the irregular processing times and the VO's not adhering to the timelines posted.
Anywayz Friends, Dont loose HOPE and keep checking your mails and status so that one day you would end up finding the one you want.... ALL THE VERY BEST FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my timeline....

Congratulations!!

Farhanali123

Jul 1, 2018
Here is my timeline....

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS. Mr. AAR

All the bestfor journey ahead..
First Rahul and now you, very happy for both of you.

a_pritesh

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Here is my timeline....

Congratulations..

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Status got updated ,

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results: You have passed medicals.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My timeline is as follows:

Inland QSW Applicant-PR

Application Received :Aug 07,2018
AOR:Jan 19,2019
Medicals passed: April 10,2019.

Any ideas guys which stage I am on ?

Thank you,
What was an update?