+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage 2020-2021

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have a question relating to translations, certified copy and IRCC if anyone can help please.
So I need to send my spouse's High School Marksheet. It is mostly in English but has some native language in there as well. So I need to get it translated.
Now IRCC says I need to submit the Translation and a Certified copy along with it.
IRCC also mentions that Certified copy can be done with Notaries and Commissioner of Oaths.

I am in Quebec City and reached out to a number of Notary office however they do not do this service (too busy to do). My bank has an in-house commissioner of oaths who can validate the copy and put their seal and signature on it. However they cannot write "Certified True Copy" on it.

So if I send to the translator the copy validated by Commissioner of Oaths and the translator (ATIO member) send me back with seal and membership number on everything (the Certificate, translation and the validated copy with commissioner of oaths) would that be enough for IRCC or the copy absolutely must have the phrase "Certified true copy" on it. I can also add a scan of the original when sending to IRCC.

If a notary is absolutely needed any suggestions on how to get one in Quebec City would be helpful.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Rajat

Beanou

Nov 14, 2021
Hi
You would better ask your national community in Canada. There is someone who has certification to translate your native language to English or French.

Regarding to true copy, go to the police station. They might not know that it is one of services of police. Show it to them.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/pssngr-prtct/crtfd-cps-nstrctns-en.aspx?wbdisable=true

Good luck!

I have a question relating to translations, certified copy and IRCC if anyone can help please.
So I need to send my spouse's High School Marksheet. It is mostly in English but has some native language in there as well. So I need to get it translated.
Now IRCC says I need to submit the Translation and a Certified copy along with it.
IRCC also mentions that Certified copy can be done with Notaries and Commissioner of Oaths.

I am in Quebec City and reached out to a number of Notary office however they do not do this service (too busy to do). My bank has an in-house commissioner of oaths who can validate the copy and put their seal and signature on it. However they cannot write "Certified True Copy" on it.

So if I send to the translator the copy validated by Commissioner of Oaths and the translator (ATIO member) send me back with seal and membership number on everything (the Certificate, translation and the validated copy with commissioner of oaths) would that be enough for IRCC or the copy absolutely must have the phrase "Certified true copy" on it. I can also add a scan of the original when sending to IRCC.

If a notary is absolutely needed any suggestions on how to get one in Quebec City would be helpful.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Rajat

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi
You would better ask your national community in Canada. There is someone who has certification to translate your native language to English or French.

Regarding to true copy, go to the police station. They might not know that it is one of services of police. Show it to them.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/pssngr-prtct/crtfd-cps-nstrctns-en.aspx?wbdisable=true

Good luck!
Thanks Beanou,

The native community in Quebec City is almost non-existent. However I was able to get the translation done as needed with translationcts. The translator is a member of ATIO so I think it should be fine per IRCC criteria. For the notary, my family was able to find an old copy that was notarized. I got the scan of that and had it validated with the commissioner of oaths at the bank. My wife also did an affidavit detailing out everything that was signed with commissioner of oaths. We have sent the affidavit, the translation and the notarized copy with translator stamp to IRCC. Now waiting for further instructions, which I think would be request for medicals.

Thanks,
Rajat

Beanou

Nov 14, 2021
Hi

recieved CSQ on Feb,2021 (sorry, I am lazy to look up my files on my computer)
Sent to Sydney on 8 May, 2021
I had not received xep number until Oct, 2021.

So I called Ircc on 21 Oct, 2021. Their system is changed, I can not reached to an agent without file number. I entered in work permit that now I have and succeded to talk with an agent. Fortunately she listened to my situation and gave me xep number.
Of course, I did not get Aor yet.

There is someone who doesn’t have yet xep number, call IRCC.

Good luck!

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi

recieved CSQ on Feb,2021 (sorry, I am lazy to look up my files on my computer)
Sent to Sydney on 8 May, 2021
I had not received xep number until Oct, 2021.

So I called Ircc on 21 Oct, 2021. Their system is changed, I can not reached to an agent without file number. I entered in work permit that now I have and succeded to talk with an agent. Fortunately she listened to my situation and gave me xep number.
Of course, I did not get Aor yet.

There is someone who doesn’t have yet xep number, call IRCC.

Good luck!
Hello, is there xep number given for online applied applicants?

marcelod

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Update
Inland applicant.
CSQ Received: 23 Oct 2020
Federal Application sent to Sydney, NS
Federal App Sent: 11 Dec 2020
XEP Received: 04 Jan 2021
AOR Received: 21 Oct 2021
Application linked to mycic account
Progress 38%
No additional documents required at the moment
Update
Inland applicant.
Pre Arrival services letter 16 Nov 2021
Progress 41% ETA March 2023

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
Update
Inland applicant.
So I can expect my pre arrival letter around beginning of next month haha.

Reactions: aalappatel

apn2022

Nov 20, 2021
Qswp inland applicant :

CSQ applied: Nov 2017
A new law in effect : cancelled
Re applied : June 2019 ( Arrima)
Received CSQ : July 2020
Doc sent federal : July 2020
XEP : Dec 2020
AOR : Sep 2021
Vo: Sydney NS
Additional doc request : Sep 2021 for dependent ( non accompanying)
Documents sent : Oct 6 2021
Medical , PCC For applicant and dependent sent Oct 6 2021
Everything was ready.
Docs updated Oct 20 2021
Received biometric Oct 20 2021
Rprf fees requested and paid same day Oct 20
Received portal email : Oct 24
Confirmed same day
Received creds for portal Oct 25

uploaded address and photo and waiting.
Stay positive guys . Quebec will be fast .

"""
My timeline -

JULY 2020 - PR Application received
NOV 2020 - Temporary File number received
AUG 2021 - Application number received
OCT 2021 - Additional Doc requested
Biometric and Medical Exam - yet to be done

Hi, Nick, Thank you for sharing your timeline. Many congratulations to you!
Is it possible to get the medical exam done even before they send a Medical exam request?
Additionally, if you can share - did they update the additional docs after the additional request deadline( in some cases 30 days from the requested date)

I was asked to upload additional documents that I uploaded the next day and am awaiting the documents' acceptance.
I am also awaiting the BIOMETRIC and MEDICAL EXAM REQUEST. Although I have received the invitation to pre-arrival services letter on the same day the additional docs were asked.

Thanking you,

Regards.

apn2022

Nov 20, 2021
"""
My timeline -

JULY 2020 - PR Application received
NOV 2020 - Temporary File number received
AUG 2021 - Application number received
OCT 2021 - Additional Doc requested
OCT 2021 - Also received the invitation to pre-arrival services letter (same day as the additional docs request)
Biometric and Medical Exam - yet to be done

Could you please suggest if it is advisable to get the medical exam done before the request is sent from IRCC?

marcelod

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Inland applicant.
*Update medical request*
Inland applicant.
Medical request 25 Nov 2021

Reactions: apn2022

rlm1989

Nov 30, 2021
Inland applicant

CSQ received: Aug 6th 2020
PR application sent: September 20th 2020
XEP received: December 7th 2020
AOR: September 13th 2021
Biometrics request: September 13th 2021
Biometrics done: September 16th 2021
Additional information asked: September 13th 2021 and October 25th 2021
Medical request: November 23rd 2021
Medical exams done: November 25th 2021
currently waiting for the exam to be sent, passed and background check documents request (if asked)