+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) & MICC

ZoroZoro

May 7, 2009
Hi everbody,

Nice info here.

I have a question about the application fees.

I know that Quebec charges 250 dollars for spouse sponsorship.

But how much will CIC charge in total? (from application to visa issue)

all the best

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
ZoroZoro, the total fees adds up to $1,040.00! The breakdown is as follows:

$75 for sponsorship application
$475 for the principal applicant &
$490 for the Right of permanent resident fee

The additional $250.00 on the Quebec side is for the CSQ.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Misria,

Although they do not start working on it...I believe you at least get in line (The e-Cas date showing when they started to process our file was 1-2 weeks prior to when they would have received the CSQ). The only don't start to "work" on it until receipt of the CSQ. Since most embassies don't start to "work" on the file for at least several weeks, you are probably not loosing much (if any) time.

Showell,

We found out when the Embassy called my wife to say they were missing it. I was a little irritated by this, since after I received the CSQ, I emailed it and faxed it to the embassy, and got back a response that basically said I didn't need to irritate them with more papers and that the MICC would send the CSQ directly.

So either MICC never sent it, or the embassy lost all 3 copies that were sent to them. (My 2 and the MICC's 1).

They were just starting the file (After 4 months) and realized they didn't have it which further proves my point that they don't "work" on the file unless they have the CSQ, but you don't loose your place in line. (At least that seems to be how Hong Kong operates.)

My wife received her PPR 2 weeks later.

If we lost time, I don't think it was that much....and anyway, it's all water under the bridge now since my wife is currently at home and adjusting to Canada.

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Liouzhou,
I'm really glad that your wife has finally landed and living with you now in Canada, great news there! Did she had to attend for an interview in Hong Kong or was she required to provide evidence for language proficiency (French) since your application is filed for Quebec? Thanks.

ZoroZoro

May 7, 2009
msgomez said:
ZoroZoro, the total fees adds up to $1,040.00! The breakdown is as follows:

$75 for sponsorship application
$475 for the principal applicant &
$490 for the Right of permanent resident fee

The additional $250.00 on the Quebec side is for the CSQ.
Thanks alot

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Misria,

About 3.5 months since total processing time was about 4.5 months from AOR.

Showel,

The interview was waived. French Language Proficiency is not required under the spousal class. I believe it is only a requirement under skilled worker program.

Many people prefer to immigrate to Quebec as a skilled worker since it takes only about 2 years instead of 4 for the rest of Canada. Only drawback is that you need to pass the French test, which from what I have heard is not too difficult, and the interviewer is normally fair and understanding. Just need a basic grasp of the language.

Ciao

sb03b

May 6, 2009
I guess cases can be different however, in my case, once i received the federal part (sponsership acceptance) my file was sent and opened before I received my "selection certificate" as i said, i spoke about my own experience and what i was old by my immigration officer......either way, that part never takes more than 2 or 3 weeks tops so even if, the waiting period is not that long...that is not the long part of wait!!!....what comes after is the long part!!!! sorry....

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Liuzhou,
Would you be able to tell, if my status changed to "In Process" today, could it possibly mean that they have started working on the file although CSQ is yet to be issued or it is merely an update to the system? We haven't received approval letter & CSQ from Quebec but the status in eCAS changed to "In Process" today. As I understood earlier (could have understood wrongly), eCAS status would not change to "In Process" until after Quebec sends in approval directly to the visa processing office. How does it work now? Please input your experience.
Many thanks for your kind reply.
Showell

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
I believe "In Process" normally does not mean they are "working" on the file. It means that you are now in the line up (so to speak).

In principle, once they start to work on your file, I mean actually shake off the dust and look at it, the CSQ should be there, unless of course they lose it (as they did with mine).

Step one is normally checking that they have all the documentation.

So to answer your question, they have your file and will start to work on it eventually... If they see they are missing it when they start to work on it, they should call you.

You are in line, whether or not they have CSQ on hand.

starlight162

Oct 14, 2009
Does the MICC send a notification to the sponsor as well that the CSQ has been issued? Or will the information just go to the sponsored person and the embassy?

(important for me to know since I, as a sponsored person, am on holiday and can't check my mail until the end of the month and my sponsor hasn't received anything in the mail)

amsyul

Oct 14, 2009
The sponsor receives everything, including the CSQ, with a request to send the CSQ to the applicant.

We received French letters for the sponsor and applicant, English translations, the CSQ, and one of the two copies of the form that the sponsor filled out. This was all done quickly, within 6 days in our case with a money order.

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hi Liuzhou,

I received my AOR dated 25 September 2009 and CSQ dated 7 October 2009 (2 weeks apart) exactly the time frame you spoke about earlier.

1.Could you share with me how long was that before your wife received her PPR after CSQ was issued?
2.What is your opinion as I'm thinking of emailing CSQ to visa processing office on my own while I know MICC would have done that separately on their part? Is that a good idea as to avoid delays or would that irritate them?
3. I haven't paid Right Of Permanent Residence Fee yet. Should I proceed to pay it now (online) or pay it directly at visa office when PPR is issued?

Appreciate if you could share your experience. Many thanks

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Hi Showell,

Having gone through the process myself, living in Quebec and sponsoring my husband from abroad I have some input that might help.

About e-mailing the CSQ to the processing office; it won't really do any good. MICC here had made a mistake and forwarded my husband's CSQ to the wrong office in Port-Au-Prince instead of Havana. When I asked MICC if I could just e-mail it to my husband's embassy they said it won't help processing since the embassies require that the form (or correction thereof) come directly from MICC.

As far as the PR fee goes it's always best if you pay that upfront. It saves approx 2 months on your total processing time. I think you could pay it online... I would think the sooner the better!

I hope things are speedy for you!

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hello MsGomez,

Thank you so much for your input.

If I pay the fee online now, should I email the copy of payment receipt to visa processing office and at the same time another copy to CIC-M? Once CSQ was issued for your husband, how long was that before PPR was issued?