+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) & MICC

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hello,
Does anyone know how long does it take for MICC to approve the sponsorship undertaking & issue Quebec Selection Certificate? Understand that Federal Government would only start processing permanent resident visa (sponsored person) once MICC made the decision. Our sponsorship application (1st stage) was approved by CIC-M under 30 days and is now forwarded to MICC for Quebec selection. Waiting patiently for the next stage.

Many thanks for your reply.
Showell

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t16463.0.html;msg72856#msg72856

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
The link you referred to is the old process. The CIC sends you a letter telling you whether or not you have been granted first part sponsorship approval, subject to MICC sponsorship approval. It's simply one more layer of political BS.

The sponsor has the responsibility to fill out the forms they download from the internet (or request be mailed by MICC). CIC no longer sends a package, just the letter.

You need to send the letter you receive from CIC with the MICC forms. It takes about 3 weeks and costs $250.

They are supposed to send a copy direct to the appropriate embassy. My Embassy lost mine.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Liuzhou is absolutely right!

You need to upload the forms from the MICC website, fill them out (one needs to be signed by the principal applicant), pay the applicable fee ($250.00) and send them off. Approval is complete in approx. 2-3 weeks. They will then send you a letter in the mail indicating that you were approved, along with the principal applicant's CSQ (Selection Certificate) and they mention that a copy has been sent to your processing office.

The sooner you get this done the better. The embassy halts processing until they receive the CSQ - only once they receive the go-ahead from MICC will your file be considered complete and processing resumed.

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Dear Liushou & MsGomez,

Thank you so much for your speedy update, I appreciate it so much.

We sent out our papers to MICC for sponsorship undertaking & CSQ last week together with the full payment. Hoping for positive decision from MICC in 2-3 weeks timeframe. Advise me if there is anything I should look forward during this period.

Thank you once again and I wish you guys good luck.
Showell.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Misria,

That is correct. The Embassy will wait for the letter from MICC before proceeding, since if the sponsor is not elligible to sponsor, their is no point proceeding with the application.

My understanding however is that they will at least put you "in line" before receipt of the CSQ. They just wont do any work on processing your file until they have it.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Darn!!! I was in Egypt when it was time to fill out and pay for the csq and I sent everything to a friend who I thought was reliable ( meaning never trust anyone) and he never sent it pretending he never got my enveloppe to send to immigration Quebec ( I know it is a lie because I got prooves that he got it). Anyways, I lost 3 weeks because of that. Arrrrr!!

sb03b

May 6, 2009
hello...i am undergoing the whole process myself and i am also from quebec....when canada (the federal part) accepts you for your sponsership, you can then send your papers on the provincial part (certificat de selection)once you sent them, it should take about 2 to 3 weeks to get a reply from them (quebec that is) ....as for your immigration part is sent to the country it should be processed in or in canada (depending where the person is from)....the federal part (actual immigration documents) keep moving, they do not need quebec to answer before going on.... here is why...the "certificat de selection" is only applicable for quebec...it is what gives the right to a new immigrant to benefit from services that quebec offers (such as free french classes, social help, adaptation...etc) ..which has nothing to do with our federal government...see...we are "special" in quebec....everything is more complicated there!!!!..although the services are also offered eslewhere is canada....quebec needs an extra document!!!!
hope this helps...
good luck and hang in there!!!!
sb

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Hello sb03b

Thank you very much for your reply. You see, the file has been transfered in Cairo since July 2 and they still haven't start processing it. So then I thought it was because of the csq. The file has been sent since almost 3 months!!!!

A lot of people, also immigrants have told me that they need the csq to start processing the file. Anyways, it is done now, just I was wondering about it. It is true that we are so special here in Quebec. Can you beleive they want to higher our tvq!!!
Vivre le Quebec! LoL

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
sb03b said:
....as for your immigration part is sent to the country it should be processed in or in canada (depending where the person is from)....the federal part (actual immigration documents) keep moving, they do not need quebec to answer before going on.... here is why...the "certificat de selection" is only applicable for quebec...it is what gives the right to a new immigrant to benefit from services that quebec offers (such as free french classes, social help, adaptation...etc) ..which has nothing to do with our federal government...see...we are "special" in quebec....everything is more complicated there!!!!..although the services are also offered eslewhere is canada....quebec needs an extra document!!!!
hope this helps...
good luck and hang in there!!!!
sb
sb03b this isn't true. The embassy halts processing for Quebec applicants until they receive confirmation from MICC that the selection certificate has been sent out. Yes Federal & provincial rules are different but if Quebec denies the principal applicant, the federal government will not proceed since the immigrant was intending to reside in Quebec.

The CSQ would be pointless if the federal government disregarded it.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Just to add to msgomez' comment,

MICC is doing what is normally done by CIC in other provinces...that is to ensure you are not on welfare (social assistance) you are not delinquent on any child/spousal support payments if divorced..

So if you live in Quebec, CIC is doing most of the work (in Mississauga), then handing it off to Quebec so they can finish it and tell CIC it's ok to proceed.

Basically, this is only typical Quebec BS and a way to grab $250 from your pocket. This was the only power the Fed's were willing to give to Quebec to appease the seperatists (as usual). The seperatists are somewhat happy (although it's impossible to please a seperatist), since they feel they have the final say..

Quebec Embassies ! Gimme a break !

Bananas anyone ?

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Liuzhou said:
Basically, this is only typical Quebec BS and a way to grab $250 from your pocket. This was the only power the Fed's were willing to give to Quebec to appease the seperatists (as usual). The seperatists are somewhat happy (although it's impossible to please a seperatist), since they feel they have the final say..

Quebec Embassies ! Gimme a break !

Bananas anyone ?
Liuzhou LMAO... I needed that laugh! lol

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
I called immigration Quebec and they said that the embassy of the principal applicant will not start processing the file until they get the csq. Darn!

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Dear Liuzhou,
You said your embassy lost your confirmation of sponsorship/ or CSQ frm MICC? I'm really sorry to hear that. When & how did you actually found out about that? There could have been possibly some delays there. That's not really good to hear.

Dear Misria,
I'm sorry too that your papers got delayed becuase it got held up with your contact (friend) in Quebec. Can't wait to find out when you will receive sponsorship approval & CSQ frm MICC. Let me know the progress OK?.

Many thanks