+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PR approval validity

morsen

Sep 1, 2013
Hi All,
I'm in the process of applying for Quebec PR and wanted to know the validity of the PR approval. That is, after my Quebec Permanent resident(skilled worker category) is approved and in how many months/years should I be in Canada? do we need to renew PR? so after how many years?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Morsen

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to spend 730 days in Canada in your first 5 years as a PR.

After having been a PR for 5 years or more, you always need 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years.

Your PR card is valid for 5 years and when you apply to renew, you have to show that you meet the residency obligation. Immigration is also allowed to report a person as they enter Canada if they do not believe that they meet the RO. When they do, that person would have to appeal for their PR, either showing that immigration is wrong and that they do have 730 days in Canada or that they have humane and compassionate grounds for having to be outside. Not getting a job in Canada or completing a work contract or education overseas would not be considered H&C grounds.

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Leon said:
You need to spend 730 days in Canada in your first 5 years as a PR.

After having been a PR for 5 years or more, you always need 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years.

Your PR card is valid for 5 years and when you apply to renew, you have to show that you meet the residency obligation. Immigration is also allowed to report a person as they enter Canada if they do not believe that they meet the RO. When they do, that person would have to appeal for their PR, either showing that immigration is wrong and that they do have 730 days in Canada or that they have humane and compassionate grounds for having to be outside. Not getting a job in Canada or completing a work contract or education overseas would not be considered H&C grounds.

I couldn't agree more!

morsen

Sep 1, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for the answer, main thing I would like to clarify is that, after my Quebec Permanent resident(skilled worker category) is approved and IN how many months/years should I be in Canada? so that my approval is not void.

Thank you everyone.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you get your PR visa, it will have an expiry date. You need to land in Canada before it expires to get your PR. After you land, you can leave again but after that, you will need at least 730 days in Canada in your first 5 years as a PR and any rolling 5 year period after that.

The expiry date on your PR visa is usually 1 year after you did your medicals.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
@morsen
Did u apply your nomination alone or u pass it thru lawyers. I'm planning to apply for Quebec nomination also. Could u help me pls.

jennilyn_o8o

Dec 11, 2013
tipsy said:
@ morsen
Did u apply your nomination alone or u pass it thru lawyers. I'm planning to apply for Quebec nomination also. Could u help me pls.

Hello.... Just want to ask help, how to apply for Quebec skilled workers personally? .. i don't have enough money to pay for any agency/ consultancy service... could you please help me :) ... plzz thanks