+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

kr.saeedi

Aug 31, 2015
Hi everybody,

I got a question,
I'm now living in Quebec city. I Entered into Canada by visitor visa as accompaniment of my husband at 16th February 2014 (he has a study permit and he is a PhD student at Laval University). Also, I got an open work permit last year and I have worked at Laval University since 4th May 2015 till now as a professional researcher. Probably It Will continue up to January. In this condition, am I eligible to Apply for CSQ right now?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kr.saeedi said:
Hi everybody,

I got a question,
I'm now living in Quebec city. I Entered into Canada by visitor visa as accompaniment of my husband at 16th February 2014 (he has a study permit and he is a PhD student at Laval University). Also, I got an open work permit last year and I have worked at Laval University since 4th May 2015 till now as a professional researcher. Probably It Will continue up to January. In this condition, am I eligible to Apply for CSQ right now?
Yes, if you meet all the criteria for PEQ:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/index.html

TEJINDER001

Jul 8, 2015
Hi experts,

I have some doubts plz clear..
1) I have knowledge of French language but I did not take any exam for French ( Can I applty for CSQ)?
2) If I get evaluation done from Quebec still I need of transcripts?
3) Is marriage certificate is mandatory?

Thanks in advance..!!!

leinadaniel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
01-21-2016
Med's Done....
01-22-2016 RPRF 02-02-2016 PCC 02-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-22-2016
Hi all,

My federal application was received on June 18th, and on September 2, I got my AOR.

I am living in Montreal, any ideas on how long before medical request?

Best to all

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
leinadaniel said:
Hi all,

My federal application was received on June 18th, and on September 2, I got my AOR.

I am living in Montreal, any ideas on how long before medical request?

Best to all
Hi

Congrats for getting your AOR. It took 2 month to get my MR after getting my AOR. Hope you will get yours soon.
Good luck

s2t2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hey guys,
I'm in a weird situation regarding the RAMQ.

I applied for my PR under QSW after getting my PEQ-CSQ back in November 2014.
I've been working on a post graduate work permit since 2012. That was expiring in summer this year and since I wasn't getting my PR I applied to renew it.
I applied for the LMIA-exempt Work Permit, my employer also had to submit some offer of employment form and pay some fee.
I was expecting that I would get a closed one but for some reason I got another open work permit valid for one year.

Now since my RAMQ medical card was valid until the expiry of my post graduate work permit, my RAMQ card expired too.
After getting the new work permit, I called RAMQ to get that renewed too.
The guy asked me for some codes on my work permit and my csq and then told me that I won't be able to renew my RAMQ card until I get my COPR.
He told me that's how it is.

I'm not sure how long it would take and when will I get the COPR.
But I don't understand how could they refuse to renew my RAMQ, since I have a valid work permit and even a CSQ.
Maybe some of you have been in this situation? Any ideas?

I do have medical insurance from my work, but they cover the things additional to RAMQ. So I would like to get my RAMQ renewed if possible.

Mariam dal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hi everyone
I need more clarification about PEQ, I have applied one time but I got a refusal as I did not change my CAQ from PhD to master, and I corrected it and got CAQ for master but for correction situation I mean after my graduation then I have sent my previous PEQ application( copy and copies of all documents required) and letter for explanation and also CAQ, I did get response yet but I found that they withdraw another $765, is that normal as they mention when I got refusal that if I will apply as regular skill worker will not take another fees
Please advice

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s2t2 said:
Hey guys,
I'm in a weird situation regarding the RAMQ.

I applied for my PR under QSW after getting my PEQ-CSQ back in November 2014.
I've been working on a post graduate work permit since 2012. That was expiring in summer this year and since I wasn't getting my PR I applied to renew it.
I applied for the LMIA-exempt Work Permit, my employer also had to submit some offer of employment form and pay some fee.
I was expecting that I would get a closed one but for some reason I got another open work permit valid for one year.

Now since my RAMQ medical card was valid until the expiry of my post graduate work permit, my RAMQ card expired too.
After getting the new work permit, I called RAMQ to get that renewed too.
The guy asked me for some codes on my work permit and my csq and then told me that I won't be able to renew my RAMQ card until I get my COPR.
He told me that's how it is.

I'm not sure how long it would take and when will I get the COPR.
But I don't understand how could they refuse to renew my RAMQ, since I have a valid work permit and even a CSQ.
Maybe some of you have been in this situation? Any ideas?

I do have medical insurance from my work, but they cover the things additional to RAMQ. So I would like to get my RAMQ renewed if possible.
I'm 99% sure the person you spoke to at the RAMQ made a mistake. Either go back and ask to speak to a supervisor, or apply for a review:
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/SiteCollectionDocuments/citoyens/en/formulaires/form-demande-revision-3227-en.pdf

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Hi all,
I am almost completing my document for my PR.

I was looking at the waiting time, and they seems too short to me - only 77 days
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Is really that the case?
It seems to me that people is waiting for more than one year..

Thanks for your help!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirko_81 said:
Hi all,
I am almost completing my document for my PR.

I was looking at the waiting time, and they seems too short to me - only 77 days
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Is really that the case?
It seems to me that people is waiting for more than one year..

Thanks for your help!
(I can't open your link?)

That looks like the processing time for PR cards, *after* landing.

If you are applying to CIC for PR, after getting your CSQ, try here for processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

(Note that if you are living & working in Qc, and your file is processed in Ottawa, it *may* be faster).

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Lammawitch said:
(I can't open your link?)

That looks like the processing time for PR cards, *after* landing.

If you are applying to CIC for PR, after getting your CSQ, try here for processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

(Note that if you are living & working in Qc, and your file is processed in Ottawa, it *may* be faster).
Well - I landed years ago :) but with a work permit - now I got the CSQ, and I am still in Quebec (with the work permit).
I checked your link - that seems related to people you appling from an embassy..

So, which time is the correct one?
(I hope not the one in the link, where it says 28 months :( )

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirko_81 said:
Well - I landed years ago :) but with a work permit - now I got the CSQ, and I am still in Quebec (with the work permit).
I checked your link - that seems related to people you appling from an embassy..

So, which time is the correct one?
(I hope not the one in the link, where it says 28 months :( )
"Landed", in immigration terms, means clearing the border ("landing as a Permanent Resident") with your COPR. It doesn't refer to when you arrived on a WP.

See the link I gave you... (As a TWP in Qc your CIC file will be processed in Ottawa: 15 months, but could be faster).

jagget

Sep 5, 2015
Did you, or anyone here, find out if one has to submit the Offer of Employment to a Foreing National Exempt from LMIA when applying to renew a work permit with a CSQ under PEQ?

Thanks in advance!

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Yes. You go to the border and bring the following:

- Offer of Employment to a Foreing National Exempt from LMIA form
- Receipt of compliance fee paid by the employer
- Passport
- CSQ
- Funds to pay the work permit fee ($155 I think) in either cash, credit or debit card

That's it.

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Lammawitch said:
"Landed", in immigration terms, means clearing the border ("landing as a Permanent Resident") with your COPR. It doesn't refer to when you arrived on a WP.

See the link I gave you... (As a TWP in Qc your CIC file will be processed in Ottawa: 15 months, but could be faster).
thanks - I see.. well, better 15 than 28 :)
Thanks a lot!