Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: After receiving the CSQ (under PEQ)

SusanUnkas said:
Hi,
I am new in this forum and really need your help.
I applied for CSQ under the PEQ program and currently holding a temporary work permit that will expire in September.
I looked everywhere in the immigration website but I got very confused.
After receiving the CSQ what should I do to renew my work permit? I know I am LMO exempted, but which are the forms do I have to fill in? Can someone provide me with a link?
Do I have to deposit a permanent resident application before asking for a new work permit?
Thank you for your precious help
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/quebec.asp

And

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

mehrashtchi

Dec 17, 2013
Hi
I have a question about getting CSQ for Québec Graduate.
We know that they don't issue CSQ unless you send your diploma to them, so why we can apply to CSQ 6 months before our graduation, while they issue CSQ in at most 1 month?

I mean for example, I know that I will be graduated about 4 months, when is appropriate time to apply to CSQ?
When I know they issue that in just 1 months, so I will apply just one month before my graduation!

Some one can explain that please!

Thanks in advance

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi
I have sent my application to sydney on March 3, 2015 under QSW (CSQ-PEQ) and received my AOR on 25th of June.
Still now, I didn't receive my medical request.
Is there anyone here in same timeline? How long does it take to get that request?
Thanks !!!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuki said:
Hi
I have sent my application to sydney on March 3, 2015 under QSW (CSQ-PEQ) and received my AOR on 25th of June.
Is there anyone here in same timeline? How long does it take to get that request?
Thanks !!!
Have you looked at the processing times for your country?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehrashtchi said:
Hi
We know that they don't issue CSQ unless you send your diploma to them, so why we can apply to CSQ 6 months before our graduation, while they issue CSQ in at most 1 month?

I mean for example, I know that I will be graduated about 4 months, when is appropriate time to apply to CSQ?
When I know they issue that in just 1 months, so I will apply just one month before my graduation!

Thanks in advance
Who knows, really? ;). Look at it as MIDI giving you a head-start in the immigration process!

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Thank you very much Lammawitch for your reply.
Presently I am in Canada. Just wondering why its taking so long to get the medical request as I have received my AOR (file number) more than one month before.
Anyway thanks a lot.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuki said:
Thank you very much Lammawitch for your reply.
Presently I am in Canada. Just wondering why its taking so long to get the medical request as I have received my AOR (file number) more than one month before.
Anyway thanks a lot.
If you are in Canada, & your file is processed through the Ottawa office (not guaranteed - it could still go through your home country VO), current processing time is 15 months from reception of a complete application. Basically, & unfortunately, there's no way to know when the MR will come :(.

Sorry I can't give you more exciting news.

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
mehrashtchi said:
Hi

Thanks in advance
I had the same experience for getting the CSQ. I applied 5 months before my graduation (study finishing confirmation letter). I had received my file number first and after sending the final letter, I received my CSQ under PEQ within 2 weeks.
I think its better to apply earlier (if you are sure that you are going to get your diploma within 6 month or less than 6 month). They will processed your application very fast.
Hope it will help. Good luck.

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
Tuki said:
Hi
Thanks !!!
Hi Tuki
I am currently in Canada and applied for CSQ - PEQ, our timelines are the same,, My application was received at CIO on March 4th 2015 and received AOR on June 26th and still waiting for Medical Req.. As i have seen in another thread , Medical request might take 5 to 6 weeks .. So we should expect it very soon in a week or 2 .
Good luck

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Luc22 said:
Hi Tuki
I am currently in Canada and applied for CSQ - PEQ, our timelines are the same,, My application was received at CIO on March 4th 2015 and received AOR on June 26th and still waiting for Medical Req.. As i have seen in another thread , Medical request might take 5 to 6 weeks .. So we should expect it very soon in a week or 2 .
Good luck
Thanks a lot Luc22 for this information.

SusanUnkas

Jul 30, 2015
Help needed to extend work permit under PEQ

Hi there,
you have been already really helpful with me to fill out the necessary documents for PEQ.
I kindly ask you to help me one more time with my next step. After obtaining the CSQ under the PEQ. I need to extend my work permit in order to have time to apply for the permanent residence.
Could you please confirm me that I am doing correctly this way:
Filled in IMM 5710 (Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker)
Copy of CSQ, passport, work permit, job offer
Payment of fees (155$)
That's it?

Do I have to complete also the Offer of Employment to a Foreing National Exempt from LMIA?? IMM5802 no, right?
Thank you so much, have a nice week end

Aug 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

My PR application has been received on june 1st.
The AOR said the application is complete and that I should not send any documents.
The last update from July 28th says the application is currently ''in process''.
However, I have not yet send any police certificates.
So I do not understand how come it is complete and in process when these documents are missing.

From what I have read looking your posts, it seems that ''in process'' stage is after the police certificates
and the medical exam.
Is that correct?

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
tintinenameriq said:
Hi everyone,

My PR application has been received on june 1st.
The AOR said the application is complete and that I should not send any documents.
The last update from July 28th says the application is currently ''in process''.
However, I have not yet send any police certificates.
So I do not understand how come it is complete and in process when these documents are missing.

From what I have read looking your posts, it seems that ''in process'' stage is after the police certificates
and the medical exam.
Is that correct?
They can still ask for police certificates afterwards. Sometimes, they keep it until the very end, and then ask you for it/them. Just make sure you send it/them asap.

mehrashtchi

Dec 17, 2013
Hi
One of conditions to apply to PEQ is "have lived temporarily in Québec with the primary goal of studying and have respected the conditions of your stay;"

How can I prove that my primary goal was studying?
Let me explain my situation: Before I came to Canada I had a admission from one of universities and also I have received my CAQ in my country. But I have applied to study permit when I was in Canada. In fact I came here by accompany of my wife with visitor Visa and stared my studies at the first term that I received here. And now after 3 years when my passport and my visa ware expired, I have applied to Visa student (Now I have Visa student but when I came to Canada, 3 years ago it was visitor Visa). My primary goal was studying but my first Visa was visitor and I have received my study permit here.

My question is this: The primary goal of someone is studying if he/she has entered to Canada by Student visa and Study permit?

Thanks