QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalveer singh said:
Sir

Consultant said that i can prepare and give test after sumit file.is he right? one another thing i have to get B2 level or any less will be ok
?
(I'm "madam", not sir, but I'll forgive you ;) - just call me LW!)

Yes he's right, & yes B2 is the minimum to get any points for French.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

dalveer singh

Oct 9, 2014
Sorry LW

if i just prepare french for interview and will get lower than B2 then it will be OK?
because my points near 63 without french.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalveer singh said:
Sorry LW

if i just prepare french for interview and will get lower than B2 then it will be OK?
because my points near 63 without french.
That *might* depend on the interviewer... Wait for some more answers from recent applicants.

(I was bilingual already when I came here, so my experience is not average).

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Lammawitch said:
I sincerely hope that your lawyer is not being delayed because one document is only available in French at the moment ... ;)!
argh...that can be the case :(
I will try to "politely" ask this to them...
Do you know if the English version will come anytime soon?

Thanks a lot for the information, by the way :)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirko_81 said:
argh...that can be the case :(
I will try to "politely" ask this to them...
Do you know if the English version will come anytime soon?

Thanks a lot for the information, by the way :)
No idea, sorry, I just noticed there was a note that said "English version to come" on one of the documents.

(Pretty poor show if that's the reason :( )

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Lammawitch said:
No idea, sorry, I just noticed there was a note that said "English version to come" on one of the documents.

(Pretty poor show if that's the reason :( )
I agree on the pretty poor show :(
I jsut sent an email to the quebec immigration website.. so that they can maybe confirm or not the problem..
Let's see if we can find a solution to this..

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
The form was automatically fixed after my mail.. let's move on with this sad story :(

One question that would make me sleep better:
what happens if you apply for PEQ and you lose your job just after?
And if you lose it after obtaining the CSQ (but before getting the PR from the federal)?

(I am asking because a full-time job is a requirement for applying for the PEQ)
To my understanding, you need the job in the moment you apply, so that if you lose it after, it is not a problem..but I am not so sure..

hossiad

May 29, 2015
Hi guys,
I actually have a question regarding police certificate. Today I received an Email from CIC that I have to send the original police certificate from my home country. (I did not include any police certificate in submission stage). My question is, how long the police certificate is valid? based on the checklist is valid for 1 year. Actually my PC is for 9 months ago. Can I send it or I have to get a new one? I really appreciate if anyone had the same issue to share it with me.
Note : I submitted my application in July 2014 and issue date of my Police certificate is for September 2014

Amit_MTL

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
If you have not visited your home country after the certificate date then you do not a new certificate. Just give a look for police certifactes. They have updated it last month

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I just received two updates (together) today, a decision has been made. I'm so thrilled!!! :D :D These are now my current statuses:

1- We received your application for permanent residence on July 7, 2014.

2- We started processing your application on May 26, 2015.

3- Medical results have been received.

4- A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
Finally,

Was told last Friday to

Complete a medical checkup
Pay the RPRF
Provide updated police certs
update one of the those forms in the original application

Did anyone here pay for the RPRF online?

Sissi_MTL

Apr 23, 2014
mirko_81 said:
The form was automatically fixed after my mail.. let's move on with this sad story :(

One question that would make me sleep better:
what happens if you apply for PEQ and you lose your job just after?
And if you lose it after obtaining the CSQ (but before getting the PR from the federal)?

(I am asking because a full-time job is a requirement for applying for the PEQ)
To my understanding, you need the job in the moment you apply, so that if you lose it after, it is not a problem..but I am not so sure..
Don't worry, it's ok. When I applied CSQ, I had a full-time job. When I got my CSQ, I lost my job already...

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
jad_montreal said:
Hi guys,

I just received two updates (together) today, a decision has been made. I'm so thrilled!!! :D :D These are now my current statuses:

4- A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

congrats jad_montreal!! :)

hossiad

May 29, 2015
jad_montreal said:
Hi guys,

I have been requested to provide a police certificate. they started processing my application on May 29,2015. Any news ? Did they send you the pass request email?